Stratosphere Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Stratosphere Tower: Top of the World Restaurant

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Jun 13, 2006

Sunset from 106th Floor

The restaurant on the 106th floor of the Stratosphere Tower is quite appropriately named The Top of the World Restaurant.

It was my Mum's 69th birthday while we were in Vegas so I took her there to celebrate - and what a place it was to celebrate.

The restaurant is beautifully designed as a revolving room. It takes one hour and ten minutes for a complete revolution so that every guest can see every part of Las Vegas from the very best vantage point that exists in this City.

If you decide to go, book well in advance as it's hard to get a reservation. Ask for a table on the floor as it is my opinion that these have the best views - also, you're not getting in between other guests to take your pics. We had a table in a booth and although we were facing the view at all times, I would have been happier on the floor. Also, the booth was a bit of a tight fit for our tummies after we had eaten the great food ;-)

Yes, the food was great - as was the drink. I ordered pink champagne for the birthday treat, and it was cutely called "Naughty." I thought how appropriate it was for the City we were in. The waiter explained that they used to have a beer called "Arrogant Bas.ard" - it was their best seller. People love to be naughty methinks, lol.

One word of advice is that if you allow them to take your pic you will really want to buy it, and they are very expensive (though beautifully presented and very professionally done). I paid about $130 for a set of pics.

Favorite Dish: We ordered the starter platter for two - it was a bit too "Chinese Restaurant" for my taste, although it was lovely and a little different to what I usually get in every Chinese Restaurant in Ireland.

The main course, however, was just great - giant scallops and enormous prawns.

• engitalunion's Profile Photo

Stratosphere Tower: The Best View of Las Vegas

by engitalunion Written Apr 1, 2005

Take the lift to floor 107 --1,200 feet up -and your enter this spacious restaurant with huge glass windows in this revolving Restaurant .
    Amazing views of Las Vegas --night time is best .
    The food ,service,and surroundings were of excellent quality .

Favorite Dish: All of ours were good .

Do book !

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo

Stratosphere Buffet: Thursday and Sunday are Seafood Night!

by windsorgirl Updated Apr 4, 2011

palm trees outside the Stratsophere Tower

We were just lucky to hit the Stratosphere Buffet on a Seafood night. Our dinner was included in a $44 deal that included a ride up to the Observation Platform, a show, and 2 free drinks. The atomosphere in the dining room was less than inspiring but the buffet menu more than made up for the lack of ambiance!

Favorite Dish: We just happened to be there on a Sunday and were astounded to find shrimp and crablegs at the buffet. I barely remember seeing any other dishes as we enjoyed a rare treat of crab legs. I'd say we definitely got our money's worth that evening!

• bryINpoland's Profile Photo

Roxy's Diner (Stratoshere Hotel): Good Old Days

by bryINpoland Updated Mar 5, 2005

Roxy's Diner is one of my favorite places to grab a bite to eat in Vegas. The food is great and the service even better. Located in the Stratosphere Hotel and Casino, its a 1950s style diner with waiters and waitresses that sing and dance the night away. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for someplace different. If u are there on the weekends ask for Emily. Best server in the house. Tell her Hawaiian bryan sent u and you'll be treated like royalty.

* Please feel free to rate this tip, or any of my other tips. I am always looking to make improvements. Thank you...

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is the Meat Loaf!

• kimberlyfisher1's Profile Photo

Mix: Top of the World

by kimberlyfisher1 Written Aug 27, 2007

~With decadent culinary creations and the amazing 360 degree views of the Strip, Mix is at the epitime of style and elegance. Located at the top of THEhotel, Mix is the vision of Alain Ducasse, the culinary world’s most renowned chef.

~ The restaurant features contemporary and classic French and American dishes with global accents, as well as signature dishes from his restaurants in Paris and Monte Carlo.

~At Mix, the setting is as much of the experience as the cuisine. Designed by Patrick Jouin, Mix was named “Best Restaurant” by the Travel+Leisure Design Awards 2006. Adorned in mostly white and silver, Mix features sweeping staircases, enclosed private dining room, modern furniture and a stunning 24-foot chandelier of 15,000 hand-blown glass spheres.

~Excellent wine list.

~Bison Tenderloion (spicy!)

~Crusted Halibut

~Kobe Beef "Special"

DESSERT

~MUST try the MIX CANDY BAR...2 delicate pieces of light and dark chocalate with flakes of gold...decadent and delicious!

• Spa and Resort

• tomhoward's Profile Photo

Top of The World - The Stratosphere Tower: A Room with a View

by tomhoward Updated May 2, 2006

The ultimate in novelty restaurants, Top of The World is a revolving high class eatery at the far end of the Las Vegas strip.

Came here on our last night, which was good in so far as nowhere else would have matched it for "wow factor", but bad in that we were suffering from end of holiday restaurant apathy, and still felt sick from the dismal lunch we had endured at Circus Circus Steakhouse.

Anyway, a booking at this restaurant bypasses the queue at the base of the tower - and also obviously still gives you the fantastic views. So, my advice if you're not planning to go on any of the pant wetting rides on the roof of this place... come here for lunch. The food is apparently quite a bargain, and you get the view for free.

The tables are evenly spaced, only two deep, so almost everyone has a "window seat" - if you want the pick of the bunch though you need to turn up 30mins before your (essential) reservation. Dont know whether it was the rancid Circus Circus lunch still gurgling in my belly, but I felt decidedly queasy for the first 20mins as we slowly spun round.

Restaurant itself is dated and a bit tatty, but you shouldnt be looking at the carpet anyway - the complete opposite of N9ne at The Palms, and there certainly isnt any totty at the bar. Took about 1 hour to fully rotate, so if youre lucky, you can get the best view (that of the Strip) in twice. Unfortunately, once the Strip is out of sight, its half an hour of mostly nothing until the neon lights of Fremont Street pop up in the distance.

Favorite Dish: Just like the Nevada mountain ranges on the horizon, my memory of what we ate is now a little hazy. I do remember thinking the choices were a little too formal (although that may have been the result of one too many "scene" restaurants earlier in the holiday), and the food, although fantastic, was a little below what I (and my wallet) had expected. Service was typically fantasic.

Website states a dress code of Business Casual Dress, but as usual for America, we make an effort, then see the Griswalds coming out bedecked in flip flops and orange hawaiian shirts.

After the meal we still had our all-day wristbands on and hit the rides upstairs for one last time - two bottles of wine in no way diminishes the terror, especially as during the meal we had witnessed an amazing electrical storm creeping across the desert towards us.

If you can put up with a terrible film (and Keira Knightleys OTT British accent) the last 15mins of Domino were filmed in this restaurant. Thankfully they blow it to smithereens, so hopefully it gets a well overdue refurbishment in Domino 2.

• Graeme_Webb's Profile Photo

Courtyard Buffet: Stratosphere Buffet - One to pass

by Graeme_Webb Written Mar 23, 2009

I have eaten in a few of the buffets in Vegas, and this is one of the worst so far!
    The food is OK and the price is reasonable, so its not as bad as it could be.

BUT the range of food is very limited when you look at other Vegas Buffets.
    I ate there for dinner it was $16.99+tax
    They have the usual fruit, salad, Italian, Mexican and BBQ you would expect, however I found the range in each section limited, for example the Italian was Pizza (two types), Mac and Cheese and plain cooked pasta, (and the pizza and mac & c were only just reaching average for taste).

For an extra $5 eat at the Mirage, or if you are looking to save a few bucks head to the afternoon dinner buffet at the Excalibur (see individual tips foe details).

Favorite Dish: All tastes "almost average" to me

• wheellw's Profile Photo

Top of the World: Top Food and a View

by wheellw Updated Mar 20, 2008

This is my favorite special occasion restaurant. If you've heard of this restaurant, than you know that it is at the top of the Stratosphere Tower and has a spectacular view of the entire valley. It also slowly rotates. The atmosphere is terrific. Often with these types of places, you have to wonder about the food. Let me assure you, the food is fabulous! The service is great. The wine list is extensive. My advice, make a reservation about 1/2 hour before sunset. It is wonderful to be seated during daylight and watch as the sky turns crimson over the desert and the lights start twinkling in the valley. The mountains in the west creat a silhoute for the sunset. Then as dark enfolds the valley you are sitting over the twinkling diamonds and looking down the strip in all it's glory.

Favorite Dish: I have loved everything I have ever ordered. However, the funnest thing is the dessert cart. It is placed on the windowsill and once each hour, your table rotates right by it. They have a chocolate tower shaped like the Stratosphere which is filled with mousse and drizzled with chocolate sauce. A little gimmicky, but good, as are all of the other desserts I have tried.

• Sienlu's Profile Photo

Top of the World Restaurant: Amazing view, EXPENSIVE food

by Sienlu Updated Feb 21, 2014

Cheers

I have to admit I came here for the view and for a desert I remember being one of the best I had in my life, chocolate mousse with raspberry sauce, it was heaven.....The restaurant is on the 109th floor and slowly rotates and shows the entire 360 views of Las Vegas. Also you get free entrance to the observation deck.

I had very high expectations of the food and really didn't get disappointed, my steak was absolutely delicious and cooked to perfection. I knew it would be a little pricy but WOW nothing on the menu was less than $46 and that is NOT including the sides, even a pasta dish was $46. My steak was $56, with a $9 cheese gratin side and a $14 glass of wine (the cheapest I think), we ended up paying $90 per person for a steak and a glass of wine. Don't get me wrong it was absolutely delicious but still not worth $90. Ok, I have to mention the bread, it was warm and delicious with 3 different butter flavors, I got full on it, so didn't even get to try a desert once i was done with my steak.

Service was very slow, we waited 20 minutes before being acknowledged and finally they brought us that bread, the one I filled myself with because it took another 20 minutes for a waiter to come take our orders. The waiters was nice but not amazing.

It is reservations only.

Would I come here again? Probably, on a special occasion, view and food were amazing.

• Wine Tasting

• firechick's Profile Photo

Can't remember - Mexican Taco joint: Locals hideout near Stratosphere

by firechick Updated May 14, 2003

Stratoshere Entrance

Spicy spicy spicy!! REAL Mexican food - not the watered down stuff you eat at the fancy places. After our splurges elsewhere, we found this economical and yummy place. No idea of the name. If you leave the Stratosphere and walk across the street and around the back, you'll find what looks like an old fast-food type of restaurant. Inside is a taco place, run by Mexicans for Mexicans. Not too many of us gringos inside.

Favorite Dish: Tiny tacos, double shelled, soft with super spicy salsa - just the way we liked 'em. You can eat 5 or 6 for under $5. Delicious, fast and cheap! Vegetarian, various meats etc. to choose from. The green salsa was the hottest (and best!) Very much a non-touristy destination!!!

• ricknkat's Profile Photo

Tiffany's Café at White Cross Drug Store: Best breakfast at 3:00 am (or any time)

by ricknkat Updated Oct 25, 2006

This is the ultimate Greasy Spoon that will not disappoint (here's a great (and legitimate) review: http://radiant.org/diningout/reviews/libertycafe.html

There will be plenty of artsy drunks eating there at all hours on the weekends so you won't feel overdressed.

Favorite Dish: This is a diner and that is all. everything on the menu or chalkboard is good (Especially at 2 am). You eat at this place for the experience primarily, although the food is always fresh and tasty if not particularly titillating. You'll probably be drunk anyway.

• I really, REALLY love the...

by CDNgirl Written Aug 24, 2002

I really, REALLY love the buffets, and, so far, my favorite is the one at the Stratosphere. We got a discount ticket for the meal by going up their space needle, and there seemed to be such a wide variety of types of food. They're all fantastic, my friend from England was absolutely amazed at all you can eat food for such a low price.
    Prices are really amazing, anywhere from $5-20 US, depending on the hotel, and it's all you can eat!!!!

Favorite Dish: It doesn't matter what you're craving, the buffet will have it!!!

• onestepaway's Profile Photo

Tacos Mexico: Burrito Lover

by onestepaway Written May 29, 2007

This small fast food spot came in real handy to me because it was in walking distance to the Stratoshere. I hit it up for the first time around the lunch hour and I was blown away by the size of the burrito, the price was cheap too! The next go around was the breakfast burrito and it was huge and it kept me whole until almost dinner. The third trip was drunken blur and I am sure I got another burrito! I saved so much money and the food was great and cheap!!!!

Favorite Dish: The Pollo Burrito and Horchata Drink Is Unbeatable!!!!!

• Singles

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Stratosphere Tower: Top of the World at Stratosphere Tower

by Martin_S. Written Dec 14, 2006
    Top Of The World Restaurant, Las Vegas, USA

Okay, aside from the food being excellent, the restaurant is aptly named, "Top Of The World" as you sit astride the tallest structure in Las Vegas. The Stratosphere tops out at 350 meters (1,149 feet). It claims to be the tallest free standing tower in America. Needless to say the view is spectacular and well worth the food being a little more expensivel.
    An added "attraction" is that one of the amusement park rides that is located on the ROOF of the restaurant, dives off the edge of the structure and as the riders glide down a suddenly angled rail toward that 350 meter drop you can SEE the look in their faces ^O^

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed an excellent steak.

• Photography

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Stratosphere Tower: Most scenic lunch in Vegas

by HotSpotJ Written Aug 18, 2006
    The view from our table!

My last trip to Vegas, I finally made it up to "The Top of the World" Restaurant in the Stratosphere, a rotating restaurant nearly 1000 ft above the Vegas street surface. This was a very nice experience, and in the 45 minutes it took to eat lunch we saw Vegas from every angle as the restaurant rotated. The food was not bad and the service very friendly!

Favorite Dish: I had a steak sandwich to go along with my bourbon and coke... not a bad lunch, all things considered!

Instant Answers: Las Vegas

Comments

Hotels Near Stratosphere Hotel and Casino
3.5 out of 5 stars