Winn Hotel, Las Vegas

my stash
  • Yaqui's Profile Photo

Pizza Place: Great eats~

by Yaqui Written Mar 18, 2012

This was a last minute choice, but a good one. They have a patio area out by the beautiful falls and plenty of indoor seating too. It was still a little cool, so sat by the window nearest to the patio and could see the beautiful falls and enjoy it.

Pizza Place is open Sunday-Thursday,9 am-10 pm and Friday-Saturday, until 11 pm.

Favorite Dish: We opted for a 10 inch pizza that came with a salad for two and plenty of garlic bread. For about $24, so it was plenty of food and was very good. We enjoyed it!

The Buffet at Wynn (part 3): One of the top ten Buffets in Las Vegas

by machomikemd Written Oct 2, 2011

This is the final part of the buffet at Wynn tips with more pictures of the desserts

It was voted as one of the top ten Buffets in Las Vegas in 2009 by a prestigous local newspaper, The Las Vegas Review Journal. The Buffet at Wynn is one of the elegant buffet areas in las Vegas and the design is is simple but grand with like an Alice in Wonderland motif. The buffet area is huge and there are basically sixteen cooking stations that ranges from classic American where you can get good ole bacon and eggs, to Italian where you can get assorted pastas and antipasti, to a seafood station where you can get chilean sea bass and large scallops to the grill station where you can get assorted steaks plus a huge dessert station!

Favorite Dish: try to Look for such items as prime rib steak, southern fried chicken, jerk chicken, wood-fired pizza, honey-glazed pork, carne asada, stir friedf noodles, nice little salmon rolls, five kinds of ceviche, assorted sushi, sweet Kansas City-style barbecue, and tandoori chicken among the stations, which include Mexican, Southern, seafood, and Italian. Don't forget the dessert! The price is $ 20 for breakfast, $ 25 for lunch and $ 36 for the Dinner and Weeknd Champage Brunch. It's a pity i only did lunch here are the wait staff told me that they also have alaskan king crab legs, maine lobsters, assorted steamers, large shrimp cocktails and more at dinner.

Sat-Sun 8 am - 3:30 pm (champagne brunch)

wow more wow have a dessert my stash gelato galore

The Buffet at Wynn (part1): One of the top ten Buffets in Las Vegas

by machomikemd Updated Oct 2, 2011

This will be a three part tip of the buffet at Wynn with more pictures.

Favorite Dish: Try to Look for such items as prime rib steak, southern fried chicken, jerk chicken, wood-fired pizza, honey-glazed pork, carne asada, stir friedf noodles, nice little salmon rolls, five kinds of ceviche, assorted sushi, sweet Kansas City-style barbecue, and tandoori chicken among the stations, which include Mexican, Southern, seafood, and Italian. Don't forget the dessert! The price is $ 20 for breakfast, $ 25 for lunch and $ 36 for the Dinner and Weeknd Champage Brunch. It's a pity i only did lunch here are the wait staff told me that they also have alaskan king crab legs, maine lobsters, assorted steamers, large shrimp cocktails and more at dinner.

Sat-Sun 8 am - 3:30 pm (champagne brunch)

entrance alice in wonderland motif huge dining area the seafood station 16 dining stations
    • Wine Tasting

The Buffet at Wynn (part 2): One of the top ten Buffets in Las Vegas

by machomikemd Written Oct 2, 2011

This is part two of the buffet at Wynn tips with more pictures.

Sat-Sun 8 am - 3:30 pm (champagne brunch)

the griller! meat galore my stash sushi more dining stations

• The Wynn Buffet: One of the Best Buffets

by SaraBuffet Updated Apr 4, 2011

I just tried Wynn buffet's dinner for the very first time with my husband. We really enjoyed their food and service. The dining area was bright and fresh. The food was clean, well displayed, and of high quality. I first read a review at http://www.vegasrex.com/buffets/wynn-las-vegas/ and thought why not. We took the review's advice and went shortly before dinner began and paid Wynn's lunch price. I would recommend this buffet if/when you're in town.

Favorite Dish: pre-split crab legs, Manhattan clam chowder, and strawberry shortcake

• deecat's Profile Photo

ZooZa Crackers Deli: Delicious Deli Food

by deecat Updated Feb 6, 2011

On the second day that we were in Las Vegas, it was Saturday, January 15, and the football games were on every TV screen at every Hotel/Casino and in all the restaurants. We decided to check out the scores and eat our lunch at the same time. We selected the zany ZooZa Crackers Deli to accomplish our goal.

The ZooZa Crackers Deli was located at the Wynn Las Vegas Hotel/Casino/Stores/Restaurants.
    This was like a cafeteria where you select what you want, are given a number which we were to display on the table where you have chosen to eat. In one section of the Deli, there is a large area with TV's where customers were "glued" to the football action.

The decor was simple but attractive, and finding a spot to eat was not easy. While I stood in line, Mickey "snagged" a good spot to eat. Once I had ordered, she stood in line to make her order.

Favorite Dish: I ordered 1/2 sandwich and a small salad as well as a Diet Coke. I could not believe that the bill came to a whopping $17.57! The 1/2 Sandwich of Corn Beef, a dill pickle,the salad, cost $12.50; the Diet Coke came to $3.75 which equaled $16.25 and the Tax was $1.32 which totaled $17.57. Mickey ordered 1/2 Sandwich, Soup, and a Diet Coke, which was about a dollar less than mine. It was beyond us that this meal for two was about $34.00!

My Salad and 1/2 Sandwich at ZooZa Crackers Deli Mickey with her Soup & 1/2 Sandwich

• deecat's Profile Photo

Trevi: Caesars Palace Italian Restaurant

by deecat Updated Jan 29, 2011

By the end of our first day, we werequite hungry and ready to eat. Mickey and I were exploring The Forum Shops attached to the Caesar's Palace Hotel/Casino, and commenting on the decor of these shops because of the high ceilings which were painted with blue skies and vivid white clouds. We chose a restaurant called TREVI which resembled an outdoor eatery.

With this lovely location, we were feeling as though we were really outdoors. Our waiter was efficient and helpful, but he was not too friendly.

From our seat, the view of the Forum Shops was quite lovely. Not the Pegasus Statue in photo #2.

Favorite Dish: Mickey and I decided to share our order. We chose to share a Caprese Alla Trevi Salad and a Margarita Brick Oven Pizza. Mickey order a glass of Super Tuscan win, which she really enjoyed. I ordered a Coconut Mojito, which was quite delicious, refreshing.

We both loved the salad [sorry that I did not take a photo; we were so hungry that the salad was consumed before I remembered about the picture] but were not thrilled with the pizza; its sauce was too sweet, the tomato pieces were too large, and the crust was too thick. But, since we were hungry, we finished it. The bill came to about $45.00 dollars including tip and tax.

Pizza: Trevi Restaurant at Forum Shops at Caesars Our view while eating at Trevi Restaurant
    • Wine Tasting

• Rixie's Profile Photo

Pizza Place (at The Wynn): Pizza by a Waterfall

by Rixie Updated Dec 5, 2010

That's really the name of it: Pizza Place. You can get passably good pizza by the slice at this restaurant, and they also sell sandwiches, sodas, gelato, and beer.

Place your order and pay at the cashier, then take your number (on a metal stand), and go outside. There are tables set up next to some beautiful waterfalls, with piped-in music. They will bring your food to you.

A slice of pizza and a refillable lemonade cost $10.25, which will help you stay within your per diem, and the waterfall will help you decompress after a stressful day.

• Business Travel

• cdw0218's Profile Photo

Okada: Top Japanese dining in Nevada and So Cal

by cdw0218 Written Aug 24, 2009

I have eaten at tons of Japenese resturants and Sushi resturants and this takes the top honors. Beneihanas, awesome; Wabi Sabi, killer; Okada, the best. We had the most amazing steak and shrimp tempanyaki ever and the sushi was incredible too.

The chef we had was a little boring, but we did enjoy watching the other chefs. We think our chef may have been boring because of the others at our table, but who knows. I would eat there again if we could have a better chef.

As for the food nothing was bad, it was all the best ever. Was it pricey, very!, b ut for the quality, not realy. We would eat there again!

Oh yeah, and the view out side the windows is awesome! You can see the great water areas and gardens outside.

Favorite Dish: The tepenyaki steak was the best. My wife like the shrimp the best. We enjoyed everything we had; except the salad. If I were to recommend anything since we tried several dishes. Have ate least one person get the strip and the other the shrimp, it is a pefect combination!

Wynn's sign The Japanese gardens

• riorich55's Profile Photo

The Buffet: 16 Cooking Stations - YUM

by riorich55 Updated Jun 3, 2009

Mention the word buffets and people let all their own personal experiences come to the fore front. The old fashioned buffets in Las Vegas were cheap eats for a really cheap price. The buffets some people experience at home are sometimes the same thing. Many have gone to the all you can eat Chinese Buffets which may or may not be good or the Old Country Buffet again which may or may not be good. We certainly went to our fair share when our kids were growing up as other patrons didn't really mind if the kids were a little loud or that they were walking around. We looked at this as an evening out where we didn't have to cook and the kids could eat whatever they wanted.

Las Vegas buffets today come in a couple of categories (we went to 4 on our last trip and 2 this time). There are still the more old fashioned buffets which are more expensive then the early Vegas days, and serve good but not really memorable food. Then there is that other category. The one where you want to try everything, cause it looks so good and you've probably waited in line a long time and you are going to spend in excess of $30 per person for dinner.

The Buffet (that's the actual name) at the Wynn Hotel was our choice for our Sunday evening dinner a few weeks ago. Let me start out by telling you that we dined from approximately 6:15 p.m. to 9:15 p.m. that night. Our buffet strategy was to take tapas size portions of almost everything and then if we liked it we went back for even more. My main criteria for a good buffet is fresh food, fresh bread, fresh cheese and yummy looking desserts. The Buffet scored a 5 out of 5 for us that night.

We only had to wait about 5 minutes to pay and get seated which is a sign of a slow economy I think. The only semi negative experience we had that night was it took about 10 minutes to get drinks after we sat down.

Favorite Dish: Our favorite dish - too many to mention. I started out with a number of different salads, fresh mushroom soup and 5 different types of cheeses. Moving on to the fish station (and no not the typical shrimp and crab legs), but 4 different types of fishes all in their own unique sauce (really enjoyed the Sea Bass with Coconut Curry). From there I enjoyed a Pasta course, then a meat course, then another seafood course.

We finally finished up with 2 dessert courses which consisted of such diet destruction dishes such as Dream Chocolate Hazelnut Cake, Caramel Mouuse Rice Pudding, Cream Puffs, Creme Brulee, Tapioca Pearl Puddding with Mango and Lychee and about 10 different flavors of ice cream and sorbet. Some of these are shown in picture #3.

Oh yeah I also ordered a great $5 lime type drink with some rum which was very refreshing. All the other drinks (fresh peach ice tea which Sue had), great coffee and soft drinks are included in the price and brought to the table.

Just as You Enter The View from Our Table Some of the Desserts

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Trevi Restaurant: The new Trevi Restaurant

by joiwatani Updated Apr 18, 2009

I haven't been here before but we saw it when we went there last March 2009. It looks like Caesar's Palace is renting out more spaces because they have put a mini-fence that allocates tables and chairs for Trevi's customers...

Favorite Dish: The restaurant is Italian so you can order pasta, spaghetti, alfredo, pizza, etc.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Trevi Italian: Great Place for Large Group

by GracesTrips Written Mar 9, 2009

The restaurant is located in the center of the Forum Shops between Caesars Palace and the Mirage. I made reservations for a group of 22 people and they easily accomodated us. I was offered several options for dinner for a group of our size but after doing the math, I was better off letting my guests order off the regular menu. The food was very good and the wait staff was attentive. We spent 3 hours at the restaurant.

• monicarc's Profile Photo

Terrace Pointe Cafe: Beat the brunch line for great food

by monicarc Written Mar 23, 2008

Great cafe in the Wynn that probably gets over looked b/c of the more expensive restaurants and/or the buffet. Wait staff is great and so is the food.

Favorite Dish: Everything is great, esp. the hamburgers and cobb salad.

• madamx's Profile Photo

Wing Lei

by madamx Updated Feb 27, 2008

Wing Lei is located near the Wynn Tower Suites entrance, and is utterly gorgeous. The interior is luxurious Asian, with the most comfy chairs we have ever experienced in a restaurant, plus the main window looks out onto an Asian garden with three pomegranate trees reputedly over 100 years old.

This is special dress-up date place, and even though we didn't pack dressy clothes after travelling for two weeks in Mexico, the staff treated us wonderfully. Service, though pleasant and pampering, is quiet and discreet.

Favorite Dish: We were seated beside Steve Wynn and his wife, and we thought, "heck, if he's eating here, it MUST be good". We were not disappointed.

The Peking Duck salad is a MUST -- did I mention you MUST order it? It is a combo of -- duck meat, spring greens, some seaweed, toasted almonds, mandarin orange sections, plus a truffle vinagrette, nestled in round, deep-fried spring roll shell. The combination tasted just stunning. My husband's grilled tenderloin with gai lan (chinese brocolli) melted in your mouth, and my steamed Chilean Sea Bass (yes, I know in the same category as foie gras, but hey .... ) was done perfectly.

It is rare to find a restaurant that has fab desserts and Wing Lei is one of those. Highly recommended is the suprisingly large serving of chocolate ice-cream -- very dark, delicious and not overly sweet, which arrived complete with two Chinese almond cookies. My hazelnut dessert -- ganache, mousse, and cake, was probably one of the most perfect desserts I have ever had. Need anyone ask if we will return? haha

Go to the website for stunning pictures of Wing Lei; no need for me to post a pic

• The Buffet at Wynn: Would give this one a miss

by shedevil7706 Written Nov 1, 2007

Having read such glowing reviews about the buffet at Wynn, we braved the hour and a half wait with rumbling tummys to attack this well spoken of eating experience. I was a bit disappointed, Ok, very disappointed!! We spent $75 for 2 people for the champagne brunch. Wasn't too disheartened about the amount, but I found the selection a bit lacking. Being a bit of a meat fiend, I was hoping there would be more for the carnivore amongst us. Our waiter was a bit slow on the uptake as having had a leisurely lunch (2 hours later), we had only 2 drinks a piece.
    Not being a huge buffet fan, a couple of things did stand out. We found that the details were lost, e.g. there were no small dishes for soy to have with sushi and there didn't seem to be any kind of crowd control, as we bumped and knocked our way through this distinctly lacking buffet.
    This said, the desserts were good. Again I was kinda hoping for more. My boyfriend who doesn't have a sweet tooth in his mouth loved the key lime pie!!!!

Favorite Dish: The chocolate mousse dessert was rich, decadent and to die for!!!

Instant Answers: Las Vegas