Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas

Know about this? Rate It!

Bellagio Lobby
    by bugalugs
  • bugalugs's Profile Photo

Chihuly at Bellagio: Glassware

by bugalugs Written Jul 14, 2005

If you were impressed by the lovely glass chandelier on the ceiling in the lobby/reception of the Bellagio Hotel then you can purchase glassware, lithographs, books and videos by the person who made the glass, Dale Chihuly.
    Open 9am - midnight

What to buy: Glassware, lithographs, books and videos

Bellagio Lobby

• erudisel's Profile Photo

Via Bellagio: Designer clothes for designer prices

by erudisel Written Dec 16, 2004

Via Bellagio is Bellagio's collection of designer stores. You will pay designer prices, but for many visitors it is a first chance to buy designer items direct from the company. I don't claim to know much about designer clothes, but having been dragged around these shops for many consecutive days I think I learned a little.

The clerks in the shops behave as you'd expect them to: snobby. If you go into the shops with jeans and a t-shirt, most of the clerks won't even pay attention to you (although Prada's clerks seemed to be indifferent about it). This can be a good thing if you are only browsing and don't have enough money for that $1500 Gucci bag, but if you want help and they are unwilling to pay attention to you it can create a problem.

As mentioned earlier, on one particular trip I won quite a bit of money and went to buy a bag for my girlfriend. Most of the clerks in other stores snubbed me (because I was wearing shorts in the 115 degree heat) so I ended up going on to the next store. Until I got to Prada. Prada's clerk was so professional and nice to me that I was determined to buy something from him and not the others. Anyhow...I now dress a bit nicer when I go shopping there. After all, it's Vegas...pretend like you're rich for a few days.

What to buy: STORES AT VIA BELLAGIO: