Speciality Shops, Las Vegas

Know about this? Rate It!

My Own Polar Cup
    by blueskyjohn
  • truesunn's Profile Photo

Speciality Shops: CHEAP Show Tickets

by truesunn Written Jun 10, 2004

On the strip, next door to MnM World and the MGM Grand, you will notice a shop with a huge glass Coke bottle on it...

What to buy: Inside this shop is a ticket counter which has show tickets 50% off! The shows offered are for THAT DAY ONLY. For example if you wake up on the morning of Friday, July 30th and go there, they will have tickets for the eve of July 30th ONLY!

Selection will be limited during peak season, as they are the left over, unsold tickets.

What to pay: Depends upon the show, but say you wanted to see Blue Man Group. Tix normally run around $90 each. You can get them for $45 assuming there is still seating the morning of the show!

• Theater Travel
    • Music

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Teavana: Again, I go hunting for TEA!!!!!!

by kymbanm Written May 5, 2005

QV checking out the tea :)

Teavana is a heavenly chain exclusively selling teas and tea accessories. Being a tea addict, I look for this treat whenever I travel in the US. The one here in Las Vegas, was the begining of my obsession with this chain and their products ....

What to buy: In addition to buying looseleaf teas, I can get a cup of custom blended tea right there at the counter :)

I am particularly fond of thier tea infuser ... clean, efficient, etc ..... it's my #1 gift to give. QV liked the starter kit which has 2 oz each of 4 different looseleaf teas, cane sugar, a measuring spoon and that wonderful infuser for about 60.00$

What to pay: You should expect to pay about 2$ for a custom cup of tea at the counter. The loose leaf tea prices vary depending on the ingredients .. the cheapest I've purchased is 2.50$/2 oz., and the most expensive was 18.00$/2oz. of their wonderful Silver Needle white tea ...... yummmmmmmm

• School Holidays

Speciality Shops: Pioneer Gifts

by Yaqui Written Apr 19, 2009

This is huge gifts shop with lots of different souviners to choose from. The day we were here there were lots of people looks for gifts. Some people do not like these types of store, but I think they are fun.

This was the Pioneer Club which open in April 1942, the Neon Cowboy wasn't added till 1952. Having many owners and not much success it now serves as gift shop since 1995.

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Speciality Shops: Lush Puppy - a Doggy paradise

by SabrinaSummerville Written Jun 13, 2006

I don't own a dog. I'll probably never own a dog. But I wanted to spend hours browsing the incredible Lush Puppy when I discovered it.

As the name suggests, this store stocks everything for the pampered pooch - jewelled collars, rows of designer doggy wear, canine couches, moggy motors - anything but dog food. I'm sure Paris Hilton's pooch has a regular outing to this spot.

I took tons of pics as it was just so delightful.

What to buy: This is a doggy tip - treat your pet to something fabulous, even if it's not his birthday.

What to pay: I was so taken aback that I didn't even look at the prices.

• Women's Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

M&M: melts in your mouth, not in your hands

by richiecdisc Updated Sep 2, 2009

D loves her almond M&Ms

Where else but Vegas could you find a store that sells nothing but M&M's? It's not some little tiny corner store either, it's like a department store. Nothing but M&M's. If you have to ask what an M&M is, you are not likely to go to this store anyway but they are candied coated chocolate that ingeniously melts in your mouth, not in your hands. I personally think this marketing slogan is the only reason they really made it. We love the almond ones for hiking but not sure they deserve a store of their own, at least not of this size. It's packed though and of course, they don't just sell the candy, they sell ANYTHING that has M&M on it. You name, they sell it. Dream it, they'll make it. No, no, that's the fancy chocolate store at The Bellagio.

• catalysta's Profile Photo

Everywhere: You must spend! Spend!! SPEND!!!

by catalysta Written Nov 27, 2003

Souvenirs to take back to Alaska

What to buy: A girl just needs a good pair of FMP's in her closet, even in Alaska. Of course, we can't wear them outside of the cabin, since the heels will get caught in the snow grates, and rip right off, and the men up here just laugh at damsels in distress.

But we can put them on at home and dream, can't we??

What to pay: Lots

• Singles

Crystals~: Elegant~

by Yaqui Updated Jan 3, 2011

Wow, what can I say other than this place is elegant. We strolled all around and was so impressed at the details. Nothing but high end stores here. Not your typical stores for the middle-class. I am sure there are plenty of folks that can afford to shop here. Maybe when I win the mega lotto....lol! Still it's a very beautiful shopping mall with some really trendy restaurants. I got a kick about the one the looks like its shaped like a hair dryer:)

Hours of operation: Sunday - Thursday, 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.; Friday - Saturday, 10 a.m. - midnight

Restaurants in the mall: Beso, Mastro's Ocean Club,Wolfgang Puck Pizzeria & Cucina, The Pods by Wolfgang Puck, Todd English P.U.B., The Cup and Social House

What is neat is guests can also access Crystals from the CityCenter Tram at either Bellagio or Monte Carlo

• Work Abroad

Speciality Shops: FAO Schwarz~Replaced with another business:(

by Yaqui Updated May 27, 2013

Update, this establishment has been replaced with a clothes store sadly:(

We've been in this store too many times to count. I am always drawn to the 47-foot Trojan Horse. Something so special about it. We always find something here for the boys. Has some unique toys and what ever is popular, they usually always have it.

Sunday - Thursday
    10:00am - 11:00pm

Friday & Saturday
    10:00am - Midnight

FAO Schwarz Map

Speciality Shops: NASCAR Gift Shop ~Closed

by Yaqui Updated Dec 25, 2011

Sadly this was in the Sahara Hotel, which has closed:(

Nascar fans will love this place. Located just inside the Sahrah Hotel, next to the NASCAR Cafe that offers museum quality memorabilia from your favorite drivers. There are two floors of NASCAR gifts, which include jumpsuits, helmets and even the cars themsleves. Checkout the top floor to overlook the fans wandering below. This place also offer great food and drinks from both floors. Check out the video game room too.

Speciality Shops: Outdoor World

by Yaqui Written Jun 4, 2009

I have to say this place so impressed the whole family. We have been driving by this store a couple of times, so this last visit we stopped and WOW!!!! So much retail from clothes, furniture, camping, boating, Off Road Vehicles, hunting, fishing, and the list goes on. So if your looking for some appareal, I would stop here and I am sure you will find something really nice. The folks here were really friendly, so say Howdy!~

GPS Coordinates:

Sun 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Most smaller shops: Bring ID

by SabrinaSummerville Written Jul 4, 2006

In Ireland when I use my credit cards I have a unique pin number that I must key in to prove it's my card. It's like using an ATM card and is a security measure.

In Las Vegas I was surprised when a number of smaller stores refused my credit card unless I had ID. I don't normally carry my passport around with me in case it was stolen.

In one of the smaller shops, ABC stores in the Fashion Show Mall, the shop assistant looked at me when I said the only ID I carried was other credit or bank cards and she said "Wow, that's scary." She refused to accept any of my cards and luckily I had enough cash on me.

A similar incident happened at the Nail Art stall, but the girl there was prepared to accept my other cards as sufficient ID.

In Maceys, Saks etc I had abolutely no problem.

• Women's Travel
    • Business Travel

Jean-Philippe Patrisserie: Chocolate-Chocolate-More Chocolate

by Yaqui Updated Jan 3, 2011

Satisfy your sweet tooth by indulging in an environment that is equally as inviting as its treats. They have crepes, gourmet sandwiches, and salads along with our exquisite pastries. World Pastry Champion Jean-Philippe Maury's signature chocolates are on display and exquisitely packaged or hand-select your favorites to create a custom box as a tasty souvenir. See the lovely huge flowers on display?, those are chocolate.

Located on the Casino level next to the guest elevators.

Daily: 6:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.

Speciality Shops: Elvis Souvenirs

by Yaqui Written Sep 23, 2011

This is the offical store of Viva Elvis by Cirque Du Soleil. If your a Elvis fan and like to collect Elvis souvenirs, then you will enjoy this place. I didn't buy anything, but it was fun exploring this little gem.

• clueless83's Profile Photo

Bonanza: World's Largest Gift Shop!

by clueless83 Written Feb 10, 2008

Bonanza!

When in Vegas it is a must to buy something tacky to take home as a souvenir for yourself or your family and friends. The Bonanza Gift Shop (just opposite the Sahara Hotel) describe themselves as "Purveyors of Las Vegas Pop Culture" - and they aren't wrong! While some of the stuff they sell is tacky beyond belief, some of it is kitsch and fun. Bonanza is worth a look even if you don't buy anything!

What to buy: I bought some shot glasses and photo frames as well as a 'Polly the insulting parrot' keyring for my friend Polly :-) I liked the Trailer Trash dolls they had but I wasn't prepared to spend $37 on one.

What to pay: Prices range from 99c and up

• Casino and Gambling

• Court94403's Profile Photo

Speciality Shops: M&M World

by Court94403 Written Jan 5, 2010

M&M World is a four-story shop filled with chocolate sweetness, toys, clothing and souvenirs of original M&M mrand merchandise. This is where you will find most of the kids that visit Las Vegas along with their parents.

Hours: 9am-11pm Sun-Thurs
    9am-12 midnight Fri-Sat

What to buy: Coin purses, key chains, drinking mugs, drinking glasses. t-shirts, candy gift sets, and hand bags. Put it like this; if they can get a picture of one of the M&M's on it. it's in there!

What to pay: Depending on what think you will want. Be careful in there, even grown-ups get carried away!

• Casino and Gambling