Extreme Sports, Las Vegas

Know about this? Rate It!

Gravity Rules
  • Alfine5's Profile Photo

Kayaking Near Las Vegas

by Alfine5 Written Oct 1, 2011
    Emerald Cove

One of the best things I did near Las Vegas was kayaking at Black Canyon. We did this excursion with the guys at Kayak Lake Mead.

Our take off point was Willow Beach which is a bit further down from Hoover Dam. When we arrived our tour guide had our kayaks ready to go. We were given good instructions and were given some practice before we headed towards our destination of Emerald Cove. The kayak towards Emerald Cove wasn't too bad since the wind was at our back and there wasn't much boat traffic on the river. We were allowed to go at our own pace and the tour guide pointed out some interesting information about our surroundings. The views were amazing and we had a chance to explore all the nooks and crannies of the canyon.

This was definitely a great trip and a good workout which we felt the next day. I am looking forward to doing another trip with Kayak Lake Mead the next time I am near Las Vegas.

Equipment: Kayaks and safety gear is provided. It may be a good idea to bring some food for when you stop at the cove.

• Kayaking

• Mini Baja racing

by Jennifernmom Written Apr 25, 2012

So another mother and myself booked a weekend girl trip to Vegas! We wanted to steer away from the total cliche of Vegas, while still enjoying its natural setting, so we had the Ultimate dessert experience. My friend found this great attraction on a local cite called Galavantier.com. not only did they offer the activity at a great rate, it included our hotel at a discounted rate...SWEET! Anyway, Tammy and I has such a blast! we even made our husbands envious! Warning the Minni Baja chase is highly dusty yet addicting! Remeber your Sunscreen! I totally got raccoon eyes LOL :)

Equipment: shorts, closed shoes,sun block, camera water

• Adventure Travel
    • Women's Travel

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

Cycling in the Cactus and Heat

by Callavetta Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Such a counterpoint to the Strip

The most fun (albiet blooodiest) thing I did in Las Vegas was the Red Rock Canyon Bike Tour. The bike rental outfit met us out at the trailhead with all of the equipment we needed; dual suspension bikes, helmets and water bottles. We navigated first the very rocky fire road, then a long single track. Up, up, up, up..... then the fun ride down the curvy single track, being VERY careful to avoid the cactus jutting out into the path.

I made the mistake of standing on my pedals at the very end of the ride to rest my poor "sit place". I hit a rock and dramatically and unceremoniously dismounted with an over the handlebars flight, returning to our hotel bloody and dirty. Ahhh... but it did feel good to lie there on the ground for just a bit!

Equipment: Water! Bring LOTS of water. It's very hot and very easy to get dehyrdrated, particularly on the long climb (push) up the hill.

• aussie79's Profile Photo

Indoor Skydiving

by aussie79 Updated Apr 4, 2011
    my little brother!

This is so much fun. You feel like you are floating. This is a picture of my brother on his turn in the tunnel.

Equipment: Remove all jewlery, watches, and anything in your pockets or it becomes a flying weapon.

• Larissa76's Profile Photo

Red Canyon climbing

by Larissa76 Written Apr 2, 2005

Red Canyon is close to Old Nevada little open zoo area.. Layers of red, yellow and grey rock are not only great to admire from a side, but also climb... (well, maybe just a bit : ))) )

Instant Answers: Las Vegas