Cirque du Soleil, Las Vegas

4.5 out of 5 stars 61 Reviews

• Cirque du Soleil
    by olgaehr
  • Cirque du Soleil's Zumanity advertised at NYNY
    Cirque du Soleil's Zumanity advertised...
    by nivu
  • Cirque du Soleil
    by Yaqui
  • keida84's Profile Photo

This is not your regular circus!

by keida84 Updated Sep 16, 2006

Hand to Hand

Mystere at Treasure Island is a circus unlike I have ever seen before. A mystical, primordial extravaganza celebrating the human condition. Overwhelming scenery, you never know where to look at any given time, because at any given time something extraordinary is occurring! Original music, costumes and talent beyond your wildest imagination saturates your senses and transport you for 2 hours to another universes where gravity is defied on a regular basis.

My favorite is the "hand to hand" 2 brothers who stand atop a rotating dome, with a remarkable display of sheer strength and endurance go through gravity-defying body positions. Our seats were 2nd row center, I was so close I could see just 1 drop of sweat fall and the miniscule flicker of a bicep and no other signs of strain or effort were noted. Amazing!!!

My other favorite was the red bird girl who tumbled using a row of trampolines. How can she possibly turn her back handsprings with such velocity?!! The clowns are hysterical and the audience is drawn into play as well. I so enjoyed this show that I would consider returning for another show. Cirque du Soliel has several shows in Las Vegas....Zumanity, O , Ka, and Mystere and the new show with George Martin of the Beatles fame who arranged this show about the Beatles called, "LOVE." All of the shows are well worth the price of admission.

In September 2006 CatherineCG and I went to the Bellagio Hotel to see "O." This show is best viewed up in the balcony so you can see into the 1.5 million gallon tank of water that is part of the stage. High dives and trapeze acts leave you reeling with thoughts about the human body and its' capabilites! The staging of "O" must have been a huge undertaking!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Mystère

by Yaqui Updated Jun 26, 2008

What can I say! This is an awesome show and you will totally be in awe of such a wonderful performance. It dazzled us. It is pricey, but well worth the money to see it. It has been honored eight times as "Best Production Show" by the Las Vegas Review-Journal. It is Directed by Franco Dragone. What amazed me, was the grace, talent, and pure strength these performers have. The costumes are so unique and elegant. If you come to Vegas, you must see a Cirque du Soleil show.

Performances are, but please be sure to check with them. Schedules do change.
    Saturday – Wednesday / 7:00pm & 9:30pm
    Thursday & Friday / Dark

They have discounts for active military, and children
    under 12 years old, so please check with them at their box office or please call them to verify.

Child and Military discounts are not available online, and must be purchased by either calling the MGM Mirage Call Center at 877-2-SHOW-LV, or by visiting a Cirque du Soleil Box Office in person.

Box Office Hours of Operations:
    Saturday through Wednesday: 10:00am to 11:00pm
    Thursday and Friday: 11:00am to 7:00pm

• Spa and Resort

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Watch the Cirque de Soleil at the Treasure Island

by joiwatani Updated Dec 20, 2008

%cbIn front of Treasure Island Hotel%c*

The Cirque de Soleil is one fun show! We got our tickets two months in advance and we had the best seats in the show! The kids enjoyed the gymnasts, the tumbling...Totally amazing and I am sure you will absolutely enjoy the show!

I can't show you pictures because we were not allowed to take pictures as it distracts the performers. But anyway, it is one of the best shows I have seen in Las Vegas!

• Jefie's Profile Photo

The amazing story of KA

by Jefie Updated Dec 13, 2008

At the Cirque du Soleil's KA Theatre, MGM Grand

There are many, many ways for you to spend your money in Las Vegas but if you've got to pick only one thing, I'd recommend going to a show by the Cirque du Soleil. The little circus company that started out in Quebec in the 1980s is now famous all around the world, and back in the early 1990s, the Cirque found a home in Las Vegas. There are now five resident Cirque du Soleil shows in Las Vegas (Mystere, O, Zumanity, KA and Love), with a sixth one scheduled to open at the CityCenter Complex in 2009, featuring the songs of Elvis Presley.

Since we only had time and money to see one show we picked KA, a $220 million production hosted at the MGM Grand. For this show, which became the Cirque's fourth resident show in Vegas, the Cirque du Soleil teamed up with another brilliant artist from Quebec when they asked Robert Lepage to create and direct it. It resulted in a beautiful and very moving story that once again pushed the Cirque's limits. It is the most theatrical of all Cirque shows, it's got an amazing soundtrack, and thanks to the custom-made theatre and floating stage platform, the show features stunts and acrobatics you didn't think were possible to see!

Because it is a customed-made theatre, there are no bad seats in the house. Of course, the closer you are to the action, the more details you can see. We picked Category 2 tickets and were quite happy with our seats. If it happens to be a slow night (we were there on a Wednesday), you don't need reservations, you can buy your tickets when you get to Vegas (Prices range from $69 to $150, depending on the category).

• madamx's Profile Photo

Get some "Love"

by madamx Updated Oct 13, 2006

come join  the Magical Mystery Tour ....

We just saw this show in Las Vegas, and you must beg, borrow or steal to get tickets, it's that good. The show is so incredible. It filled all my senses with such beauty I was on the brink of tears. Hubby said it was "amazing" and he has never used that word as long as I have known him, so I'm not the only one who thinks it's impressive!

The Cirque du Soleil show is based on a retrospect of the Beatle's music, and covers it pretty much from beginning to end. Some special features of the show include speakers on the back of each chair to surround you with the music, plus if you are in the orchestra to upper orchestra sections, you get included in the show. Ahhh, it would be tellling if I spill the beans how exactly you get included in the show. So go get some tickets now!!

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

THE New Las Vegas Shows

by msbrandysue Updated Nov 15, 2009

Cirque du Soleil shows are everywhere at the big hotels in Vegas. Since they're in 1000 Thinsg To Do Before You Die-USA Edition I had to go! I saw "O" at the Bellagio. O is French for water so the stage is constantly evolving from a solid floor to water as the show goes on. Very entertaining....

Important Information from the Website:

"O" performs twice nightly at 7:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Wednesdays through Sundays. There are no performances on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Please note:

All tickets must be picked up no later than one hour prior to show time. Tickets not picked up by show time are subject to cancellation.

If you are a confirmed guest of Bellagio, you may contact The Concierge at Bellagio by calling
    866.906.7171 or 702.693.7075 for assistance with seating for "O" based on availability.

Children under the age of five are not permitted into the "O" Theatre. Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.

Wheelchair seating is available upon request.

The Bellagio Ticket Office Counter
    Hours of operation:
    Wednesday - Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. (PST) Monday & Tuesday 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (PST)

Tickets:
    Tickets for “O” are
    $150.00, $125.00, $99.00, and $93.50
    Ticket prices exclude the 10% Live Entertainment Tax, as well as a $5.00 per ticket processing fee.

There is a link under the ticket price information. I bought my discounted tickets there! I saved quite a bit of money going on a Wednesday night at 10:30. You may want to check it out before spending the recommended prices.

• RavensWing's Profile Photo

Jaw Dropping Amazing

by RavensWing Updated Jan 8, 2014

Don't Miss This Show!

You pass by so many vendors asking you many questions. We stopped to talk to one and he offered us 2 tickets to Mystere for $99. That is an amazing deal.

This was the first Cirque du Soliel show I had been to. From the first moment it started I was hooked! There's an 'Einstein' looking man who helps people to their seats - if you're the unlucky ones. He took this one couple and walked them around the entire seating arena. He did stop at one point and sat down, motioning for them to sit down too. After 5 minutes he gets up and motions for them to get up as well and took them to their proper seats. He stopped by a mans seat and motions for him to give him the popcorn he had. He took the popcorn and left, eating it, throwing it at people. It was hilarious!

Then the show started, the haunting cry of a baby. The acrobatics, the timing between acts ~ there is not enough words to describe how amazing this show was.

• Avryle's Profile Photo

Cirque de Soliel's Mystere at...

by Avryle Written Sep 12, 2002

Cirque de Soliel's Mystere at Treasure Island
    All I can say is, Wow! 'Mystère by Cirque du Soleil is a dynamic kaleidoscope of sights and sounds performed in a state of the art theatre. The international cast of 72 features dancers, singers, musicians, champion-caliber acrobats and a misguided clown' (http://www.treasureislandlasvegas.com/pages/frameset_noflash.asp)
    $80.00 per ticket but well worth it.

• clueless83's Profile Photo

A show in Vegas is a must!

by clueless83 Updated Apr 4, 2011

MGM by night

Las Vegas has alot to offer when it comes to shows, we decided to see one of the Cirque du Soleil ones and after much deliberation we decided on KA at the MGM Grand.

Firstly, the atmosphere was great. The man who directed us to our seats told me that my dress was fabulous and that my shoes had more sparkle than his personality! :-)

Without giving away too much about the show itself, its like nothing I have seen before, the main feature being the rotating stage. The cast also come really close to you (I was at the end of the aisle, second row back, and had a few dancers running past me). Some of the acrobats even come down from the ceiling if I remember rightly.

Photography is not permitted during the show, hence there being no photos to accompany this tip but there is a merchandise shop next to the auditorium which sells programmes, t shirts, cds etc.

One thing I will say is - take a cardigan or jumper of some sort!!! The air conditioning was far too cold for my liking!

• PARADIZE's Profile Photo

O at the Bellagio

by PARADIZE Updated Nov 6, 2005

We saw O at the Bellagio, this was the best show I saw in my entire life... I was so moved by this amazing show!!! A mix of water, fire and circus!!! I can't wait to see it again!

I'd like everybody being able to see this show at least once in their life

Tickets prices: 99$-125$-150$

• suz1957's Profile Photo

All You Need is "Love" and Cirque du Soleil

by suz1957 Written Mar 12, 2010

Self- explanatory?

Cirque du Soleil's Beatles "Love" show is many things. All of them good.

Even if you're not a life-long or rabid fan of the Fab Four (like myself), "Love" offers a unique spectacle of music, fantasy, amazing physical grace and unsurpassed imagination. But what else would you expect from Cirque du Soleil and the proven musical talent of Sir George Martin, along with his son, Giles.

Performing at the Mirage (on the strip) since 2006, "Love" doesn't disappoint from the minute you even get close to the theater. An entire section of the hotel/casino has given way to Beatlemania and includes Beatles-themed slot machines, colorful lighted wall art (see the photos, I apologize for me being silly in them), 24/7 playing of Beatles' music and the Revolution Lounge.

We attended the show on Christmas Day and it was packed. Luckily, we'd had the presence of mind to order tickets ahead of time and although picking up our tickets at 'will call' was a tad worrisome (they didn't have us on the list, but found us once we got to the desk. Phew!), it didn't take long considering the crowd.

There are no 'bad' seats in the theatre. Each seat back includes a speaker so everyone can enjoy the best soundtrack in Vegas while experiencing the magic of Cirque du Soleil as they portray the passion and vision of the Beatles in a way never seen before.

A long list of many of the group's best songs (a subjective topic, I'm sure) rocks the house, taking the audience on a Magical Mystery Tour from the boys' humble Liverpool beginnings, through their 1970 breakup. It's joyful, it's sad, it's hopeful and it's a brilliantly engineered retrospective of four lads who changed the musical world. There are really no adequate words to describe this performance. For fans, it's a religious experience. For everyone else, it's a night to remember.

After the show, the departing audience was filled with smiles, a few tears and no one that I could see seemed disappointed or bored. I may be slightly prejudiced, but I only report what I see.

A gift shop near the theatre specializes in Beatles-themed items and memorabilia. The night we were there, the director of the 1960's Beatles cartoon show was there, chatting amiably and selling animation cels from the series. How could I resist?

Tickets run from $93.50 for limited view, to $150.00 per person. A bargain at any price.

If there's a Vegas 'must see'--this is it.

• Music

• crazygal59's Profile Photo

A truly amazing show.

by crazygal59 Written Oct 28, 2006

We went and saw Ka while we were in Vegas at the MGM Grand. This was the most astouding show we have ever seen. It was worth every penny. The operation of the stage alone was worth the money. The special effects, the music and the costumes were incredible.Certainly a "must see" in my opinion.

• erudisel's Profile Photo

Ka at MGM Grand

by erudisel Written Nov 13, 2005

This is THE Cirque du Soleil show to see. It is the first Cirque show to incorporate a story into the the theatrics. It is the story of twins that have been seperated and must each face their own trials and hardships to meet again. The program says it's an adaptation of an Egyption tale, but my wife (from Thailand and of Chinese heritage) insists that it's a Chinese myth. Regardless, it is breath-taking in its execution. There is minimal dialogue, as the story is told through impressive acrobatics, martial-arts, and eye-popping choreography.

The theater itself was built for this specific purpose and housing technical wonders that any engineer would be proud of. The stage is a floating platform that hangs above a huge pit that spews fire and smoke. All stage entrances and exits consist of falling off into nothingness or floating away above the stage.

The experience is all-encompassing. Once you are inside the theater you are in their world. This involves finding your seats and waiting for the show to start. All ushers are in costume and in character the whole time. They engage the audience in conversation that is rather "eccentric".

This was the show that was recommended to me above all other shows, and it is obvious why. At times, you feel you are watching a movie complete with special effects in front of your eyes. You lose your sense of place and succumb to their world. That was the idea.

The tickets are not cheap, but neither are any of the quaity shows. We paid the extra money ($150 a ticket) to sit in the second row and it was well worth it. You can see every detail at all times. In a word, amazing. Highly recommended.

• swissfondue's Profile Photo

Do yourself a favour and see KA at MGM Grand

by swissfondue Written Jun 12, 2010

I wasnt planning on seeing a Cirque du Soleil show during my short stay in Vegas but made a last minute decision to see KA at the MGM Grand.

Decided at 8pm to see the 9.30pm show and as luck would have it grabbed the last available seat which was located in the next to back row. Anything is better than nothing I thought.

The seat was awesome and the show was awesome. I would actually recommend sitting towards the back of the theatre as some of the performers fly out over the audience and also perform from the sides.

KA is excellent and I continue to be astonished at the talent of the shows performers. I left the theatre very happy to have spent $75.00USD to see such a wonderful show.

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Viva Elvis

by PinkFloydActuary Written Dec 22, 2010

Viva Elvis!

I'm not much of a fan of the shows, but every so often, I'm in town where someone is taking us to a show. That's how I came to be blown away by the fantastic "Love" based on the Beatles, and then was introduced to Elvis in "Viva Elvis." Now, I'm not much of an Elvis fan, so I wasn't expecting much from this show, but I must say, it was really good. The show is more of a musical and dance number than Love was (i.e., not as many stunts and acrobatics.) It takes you through the highlights of Elvis' life, including losing his brother at birth, a superhero phase, marrying Priscilla, and the move to Vegas. It's all well choreographed, and the music is quite good. The show runs about 90 minutes, and you'll never notice the time has flown by. A great show.

Instant Answers: Las Vegas

Comments

Hotels Near Cirque du Soleil
4.5 out of 5 stars