Fremont Street Experience, Las Vegas

by PivaC
  • PivaC's Profile Photo

Loved it!

by PivaC Written Apr 23, 2015

I went here twice when I was staying in Vegas, I found it so much better then the main vegas strip. The drinks are cheaper, the pubs had more "alternative" music playing. Two pubs had a cover band playing 90's songs. There's a lot of lights and it looks really old school, they even had an 80's tribute band playing in the street, it was great! I felt that this place has a real sincere, be it slightly seedy feel to it. I found it refreshing compared to the main strip.

• Siege78's Profile Photo

Fremont Street Experience

by Siege78 Updated Apr 21, 2015

Great during the day, even better at night. The light and music show is not to be missed, along with the never ending parade of frea... I mean interesting people. Walk around sip a drink and watch the madness. Everything downtown seems to be cheaper and crazier. By the way, you may recognize that hotel (The Plaza) at the end of the street from a certain Stephen King movie.

• Vegaspulse's Profile Photo

The new zipline in Las Vegas

by Vegaspulse Written Sep 1, 2014

If you wait long enough and time it just right, you can catch flyers on both SlotZilla's upper Zoomline and lower Zipline at the same time. Open Now !!!!The SlotZilla . Thrill seekers take off superhero-style from 114 feet yo and soar the entire length of Fremont Street Experience, landing at Golden Gate casino. Cost of the lower "Zipline" is $20, $40 for the "Zoomline."

• JoeM130's Profile Photo

Shady, but Worth a Look Once!

by JoeM130 Written Aug 27, 2014

I don't shy away from all that is shady. I have a career in law enforcement and I live in a city where crime isn't unknown. But I don't like shady, unfamiliar places, especially when I'm with my family. Now this place wasn't horrible, but the ingredients were there. I saw them! I'll start with the attraction and area itself. For me, and I think that most people feel the same, I travel to Downtown Vegas to see the old neon signs and to get that old school Vegas feel. I've been there before, and I've been there before they created this Fremont Street Experience. It was always slightly shady, and far less glamorous than the main Las Vegas Strip, but I think that when they enclosed the old neon signs, they took away from the glow and grandeur of the street itself. Yes, it's still lit with plenty of lights and bling, but it pulls the eyes away from the old signs, thus diminishing the reason that you go down there. But the lights and attractions will catch your eye and keep you somewhat amused. Also by enclosing the area and making it more or an attraction, it has attracted more people. Many tourists of course, but also many shady characters. The area always had some shady elements, but now it has been multiplied. It all starts with finding parking. Parking can be difficult to find. We tried a few hotels, but they were full. The valet there directed us to a pay yourself style lot. It was near a bus depot. It was dark, I did not feel a police presence, and there was a few blocks walk. We did end up parking there, but the potential to be victimized was definitely there. Then you walk a few blocks. We finally got to the main tourist area and I thought I'd feel better but I didn't. I saw obvious gang members. They were keeping to themselves, but I know what I saw. I saw many, many completely intoxicated individuals, a few of which were creepy on top of it. And of course there were some homeless. Sex is a major attraction here also. I'm not prudish and my kids are in their teens, so I wasn't too concerned or bothered, but if you have young kids or you're turned off by this, avoid the area. There's Coyote Ugly style, half naked biker girls dancing on the bars, which are located outside on the main street area, there's men too, and there were a few street performers wearing thongs and nothing else and even a few that were naked, covered in body paint. It's also very crowded. I felt like with the crowds, and shady characters, there was a definite chance for crimes of opportunity like purse snatching, etc. I know there are a lot of cameras in Vegas, but I was really hoping that there were a lot of undercover police also. There probably were, but the bicycle police that I saw were few and far between. Nevertheless, it was an attraction. I think that it's worth seeing once, but I don't need to run back any time soon. There's plenty to see and you'll probably enjoy saying that you went and saw it, but if you're looking for a wholesome family experience, this isn't for you.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

FlightlineZ ~Zipline

by Yaqui Updated Aug 15, 2014

I want to try this someday. It looks really fun and what is unique is you get to enjoy the strip too from a birds eye view no less!

Please contact Brina Marcus for more information and with any questions you may have.http://flightlinezfremont.com/pricing-info/

• solopes's Profile Photo

Technology and imagination

by solopes Updated Jun 14, 2014

It's something new, the show performed in the ceiling upon Fremont Street.

Discreet publicity to Vegas and the American way of life, mixed with some national symbols, were the themes of the two spots that we saw. But I guess that there's a reasonable variety for all tastes.

Of course, being in Las Vegas it would be a "crime" loosing that show, that takes place in the street, several times each night and... is free.

Las Vegas - USA Las Vegas - USA Las Vegas - USA Las Vegas - USA Las Vegas - USA

• RavensWing's Profile Photo

Lights Out

by RavensWing Updated Jan 8, 2014

We had taken the city bus to Freemont street and I guess we might have went down there too late. Most of the kiosks were closed - which was probably a blessing in disguise. Also they were doing maintenance on the lights so the middle third of the lights were out. I had been looking forward to seeing the light show since so many friends said it was amazing and the lights were out.

One thing that we watched - in the quiet of the night - was a man using spray paint to make a picture. Absolutely amazing! I have no idea how they can start with a piece of paper and make it into a stunning picture.

Lights Out 4 Queens Hotel Spray Paint Painting

• Autumnsnana's Profile Photo

In Shock

by Autumnsnana Written Nov 16, 2013

I have been to the Fremont Experiance before many times and always had a good time. My sister, brother in law, husband and I went again a few days ago and stayed at The Golden Nugget. We were absolutely disgusted with what is allowed to be considered entertainment roaming Fremont Street now. There were two guys that only had on a tiny thong. One was supposed to be Cupid and had wings and he was totally disgusting!! The other one was just walking around talking to everyone. There were also 5 girls dressed as Nuns who had their breasts pushed up and just had pasties on their nipples. There was also another woman dressed up that looked like a Pirates Wench with her HUGE breasts bare except for pasties on her nipples. Now maybe Vegas considers this okay, but we looked at it as contributing to the delinquency of minors as there are children down there also. Don't take your kids down there if you don't want them to get an eye full!!
    Another problem was all of the "supposed" handicapped people sitting around there in wheel chairs carrying signs asking for money. One guy had his mother propped up in her wheel chair and she looked close to death while he begged for money. Fremont Street has become a haven for panhandlers. I wanted to take pictures of these things that I have mentioned, but all I could get is the "thong guys" as they were walking away from me. The women showing their breasts wanted money to take pictures of them so I didn't take any. There are some entertaining things to see on Fremont St. such as bands and some of what the Vendors sell, but you have to get through the smut first,

Cupid Exhibitionist
    • Zoo
    • Photography

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Fremont Street Experience

by travelgourmet Updated Dec 4, 2012

Okay, you are in Las Vegas and you want something that will help relax and have that feel good, glad I came here touch. Then look no further than downtown Las Vegas on Fremont Street. High above the street, which is closed off from dusk till midnight, nightly, will be the Viva Vision "Fremont Street Experience". What is it. Well it is a light, music, and display show of cartoon, real life, and dancers. Each show lasts about 6 minutes and is shown on the world's largest screen at 1,500 feet in length. Over 12 million synchronized LED lamps with strobe lights and robotic mirrors fill the overhead arched screen with color and sound that is seen from the blocked off 4 blocks of Fremont Street.

The best part is that it is free. Bring everyone in your family to stand out on the pedestrian only street and look up for an exciting 6 minutes. Shows come up about every 15 minutes and they are rotated to give a different look each time the lights come up. Parking is in the downtown casinos large parking structures, so walking is not a problem. Parking may cost money at some structures, but look for a free parking validation booth. Join the throngs of locals and tourists alike for this spectacular display. Something different, something to remember and something to talk about when you get home. See my short video of the "Fremont Street Experience"

• Benson35's Profile Photo

Worth the experience!

by Benson35 Updated Feb 10, 2012

If you're not staying in Downtown Las Vegas, jump on The Deuce (the bus that runs the length of the stip) and get off at the last stop which is Fremont Street.
    This is where you will find some of the original casinos such as The Plaza and the Golden Nugget. There are also bands that play on stages of the street and plenty of venders to buy a drink from.
    Fremont Street did not always have a cover over the top of the street. But this is where the light show is. It runs the length of the street, and when it's time for the nightly shows, all of the casinos on the street turn off all of their lights and all of the music stops. The effect is amazing. Then the light show starts above you. It lasts a couple of minutes and is great to watch. It's said to be the biggest screen on the planet!
    Hundreds of people come to Fremont Street to watch this, so be prepared for a crowd!!

• MLW20's Profile Photo

Visit the Berlin Wall in Las Vegas

by MLW20 Written Nov 22, 2011

I heard about a piece of the Berlin Wall being in a casino in Vegas and had to visit!

I posted about it on my blog:

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

The REAL Las Vegas!

by machomikemd Updated Sep 27, 2011

With the Strip expansion in the 1990s, downtown Las Vegas began to suffer. The Fremont Street Experience (FSE) was built in an effort to draw tourists downtown. While greatly slowing the decline, it did not stop the decline in tourism and revenue. Downtown is still the choice for people that come to gamble and not to show off. It's where the games are smaller, meaner, dirtier, cheaper and the odds of you getting a tooth busted by a jerk are greater.

I like downtown because it feels more like what Las Vegas should feel like: everything is within walking distance; the air is more putrid; there is a sense of danger; you can bet that gangsters still hang around somewhere; drunks stagger about; guys get slashed with bottles just off the main thoroughfare; and some of the city's less fortunate will hit you up for a buck but the best here is that they have my Favorite Casino in Reno, the FITZGERALD's (now closed).

at the start My Favorite Fitzgeralds Downtown Las Vegas Map downtown view from freeway start of the strip
    • Theme Park Trips

• lovemycacti's Profile Photo

Viva Vision - Overhead Light/Music Show

by lovemycacti Updated Apr 4, 2011

You can visit the website for more information on show times, shows, live acts, and technical information so I'll tell you what I "experienced on Freemont Street."

Freemont Street is one street that is mainly enclosed under a large dome-like structure that is called Viva Vision. Viva Vision - is a huge overhead screen that projects mini-musical ensembles and a feast of colour and spledor for the eyes. Its a visual delight. Have you ever been to a planetarium? It's kind of like that but with a lot more razzle dazzle and you're standing as opposed to seated. Each mini-musical is different and lasts about 10 minutes. They usually show every hour on the hour after dusk. You'll know when a show is coming on because all of the lights from the hotels and vendors suddenly go off and you're left wondering if there is a power blackout. But all of a sudden the music and lights overhead boom on and everyone stops to watch. (This is where pickpockets may be lurking so just be cautious).

Taking photos of it is like taking pictures of the Grand Canyon - easy to do and great for memories but hard to capture the actual experience of being there. The overhead shows we seen were all family-friendly. Since the dome covers the whole part of the experience there really isn't a bad spot in which to see it from. Wherever you're standing will do just fine. And best of all - it's free!

Aliens on Freemont Street Sugar Oh Honey Honey You Are My Candy Girl America On Freemont Street

• deecat's Profile Photo

Don't Miss the Fremont Light/Music Show

by deecat Updated Jan 31, 2011

When we ventured to Fremont Street, it was specifically to experience the Light and Music show [which I had seen 15 years ago when it was first introduced in Vegas. Mickey had never seen it. What is it? The Fremont Street Experience entails the use of the world's largest LED screen that spans the length of five football fields and covers a huge amount of Fremont Street at Las Vegas Boulevard in the downtown portion of Las Vegas. There are shows nightly, and, believe it or not, they are free! It's quite a spectacular event that mesmerizes the crowds who sing along to the music and stare upward at the fascinating lights that create strange and beautiful shapes and designs. See the two photographs.

It certainly is more sophisticated than it was when I observed it in 1996.

Light/Music Fremont Experience More Fremont Experience
    • Music

• bilgeez's Profile Photo

Fremont Experience

by bilgeez Updated Dec 26, 2010

Unless you've been living under a rock or haven't been paying attention, Las Vegas is divided into two sections, The Strip (Mostly along Las Vegas Boulevard) and Downtown (Mostly along Fremont Street).
    The Fremont Experience is a covered 2-block section of Fremont that is completely pedestrian walkway now. The roof is reportedly the world's largest LCD screen where a video show is broadcast for about 15 minutes on the quarter hour, every evening from 6- midnight. Most of the videos are rock or country themed. They are pretty dazzling and exciting.
    There is a zip line that runs about half-way under this canopy. Rides are $20 each during the day, $25 at night, with a $5 discount for re-rides. An all-day pass is $50. You hang about 30-60 feet above the pedestrian plaza, the trip lasts about 15 seconds.
    There are various kiosks on the plaza that sell everything from artwork to cigars.
    Varous shops front the plaza, such as ABC. There are also several souvenier shops along the plaza. There is a Walgreen's off the west end of the plaza, and the Plaza Hotel off the east end.
    Casinos that front the plaza are; The Fitz, Fremont, Four Queens, Binion's, Golden Nugget, Golden Gate, and a few smaller one's. There are a couple of gentlemen's clubs, too.
    If you come to Vegas to gamble and eat, this is the place to hang out because you walk around to everything.
    If you want to go out on the Strip there is an express bus that has a stop alongside Binion's and across from the Fremont and Four Queens that will take you there for $3 each way, $5 for a two hour pass, or $7 for a day pass or $20 for a three-day pass. There is an automated bus ticket kiosk at the bus stop that takes cash or credit/debit cards.

Instant Answers: Las Vegas

Comments

Hotels Near Fremont Street Experience
3.5 out of 5 stars