Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas

3950 S. Las Vegas Blvd. (702) 632-7580

by kris-t
  • The calming effect of the aquarium at Mandalay Bay
    The calming effect of the aquarium at...
    by joiwatani
    by kris-t
  • Easty's Profile Photo

by Easty Written Jun 10, 2004

Mandalay Bay Resort

The Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino is at the southern end of the Las Vegas trip. While I was there, this was the casino with the most activity. Prince was doing a big concert that night for charity. There were a lot of big name stars such as Tiger Woods and Jessica Alba. It is also another major boxing venue in Las Vegas. It is connected to the Luxor and the Excalibur by tram. There is a nice little mall that runs between Mandalay Bay and the Luxor. I also accidently ended up in the pool area here too. The pool area was very impressive.

• just4funds's Profile Photo

You've GOTTA try the spa!

by just4funds Updated Apr 26, 2004

I'm not much for pampering myself at the spa. Sure, I enjoy the heck out of a good soak in the hot tub, and even a few minutes in the steam room too. But, as Lisa wanted to be pampered and since we weren't staying at Mandalay Bay, I might as well put that walk to good use and get a little (pampering) myself!

OK, this is no joke. The only open appointment left for me was a "deep tissue" massage. I knew I should have been concerned when "BAM-BAM" walked into my chamber of death. Oh, sure, he starts gentle enough, even uses a little massage oil to help reduce the friction. Friends, Bam-Bam is up to no good, trust me.

The first hint of trouble I got was when Bam-bam suddenly pulled a black hood over his head and cackled menacingly..........(okay, okay! So I've taken a bit of creative license here.) Alright, so there was no hood, nor any menacing cackle. But there should have been! You see, in a mere instant, Bam-Bam had converted from using his hands (as MOST masseurs do) to grinding his(......clean it up, gutter brains!) ELBOWS! into my back. Top to bottom, side to side, turning any muscle I have back there into mush. I literally felt that my straps were in the throes of death, they were convulsing so much.

Thankfully, it was only a 30 minute session. The only thing I could do after that was fight to stay awake while lounging beside the Roman bath. And I now understood why all the gentlemen were asleep.

• bruingirl's Profile Photo

If you get a chance to visit...

by bruingirl Updated Jan 21, 2004

A variations of pimps and hos

If you get a chance to visit during the great party holiday known as Halloween, you should try to check out the Pimps and Hos Ball. This past year, it was held at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and all 10,000 tickets were sold out!!! This is a HUGE event and people from all over the States and even the world come to check it out.
    Everyone dresses either like a pimp or a ho! Don't be surprised if you see girls wearing nothing but pasties!

• mht_in_la's Profile Photo

No earthquake please!!

by mht_in_la Updated Dec 22, 2003

Glass wine tower at Mandalay Bay

The photo shows the fancy glass wine tower inside Mandalay Bay. It's about 4-story high, and is the main attraction of the Aureole restaurant. It has a computer-operated system that lifts and moves the "wine girl" around the tower to retrieve bottles of order. There will be a lot of expensive wine flying in the air if earthquake hits.

• Architecture

• mht_in_la's Profile Photo

Headless Lenin

by mht_in_la Updated Dec 21, 2003

Headless Lenin in Red Square

Here's a statue of headless Lenin in front of the Red Square restaurant in Mandalay Bay. Not sure what happened to the head. Perhaps Lenin couldn't stand the menu and the price put out by the restaurant. What I found interesting is the fake bird droppings painted all over the statue.

• Shark Reef

by Cornfl8gal Updated Aug 21, 2003

Mandalay Bay has put together a really fascinating collection of water life. There is a rare collection of white crocodiles who entertained us by waving at us. In addition, there are multiple tanks with coral life and colorful fish which reminded me of scuba diving or snorkeling. You have an opportunity to touch sea rays, sand crabs and small, stripped shark. Seeing a jelly fish up close and alive has never been something I want to see in the wild. However behind glass, they seem pretty harmless and rather beautiful to watch. The final exhibit is most certainly the best. A shark tank where the shark and other sea life swim right up to the glass for a close and personal view. There are viewing windows of the shark swimming below, around and above you. It's almost like scuba diving without getting wet or being afraid of being bitten! Ticket price was around $15 for adults (cheaper for kids), but well worth it if you have time to spend around 2 hours listening to the audio tour and staring at the wild sea life. Great for both adults and kids.

• dinhyen's Profile Photo

The Mandalay Bay

by dinhyen Updated Aug 9, 2003
    Mandalay Bay

This golden monolith anchors the southern end of the Strip. It stood on the site of the demolished Hacienda hotel. Before the Mandalay came along the Luxor used to be the southernmost resort. I was living in Boston when this was built, and upon returning was quite surprised to find goldenrod here. In fact, whenever I come home, there's always something that I haven't seen before. I can't tell you much about this place, though the shark tank seems to be big. It's my favorite from the outside.

• TempNomad's Profile Photo

Elephants at Mandalay Bay

by TempNomad Written May 28, 2003

Palm trees, elephants, and waterfalls abound.

Okay, so they're fake. But they look real! And it's just all really cool! This is a cruelty-free zoo. All of Mandalay Bay deserves a walk-through. Don't only get caught up in the shops and restaurants. Enjoy the out-of-doors as well.

• TempNomad's Profile Photo

Posh beauty

by TempNomad Updated May 28, 2003

Street-side ornaments hint at the details inside

Mandalay Bay is fantastically elegant and exotic. It's truly like another country...or island. It's attached to the Four Seasons and has a lovely pool area - not open to the public. The chapel is gorgeous and not too, too expensive.

The trees, details in decoration, and atmosphere made Mandalay Bay one of my favorite hotel stops!

• Ischyros's Profile Photo

Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino

by Ischyros Written Feb 25, 2003
    Mandalay Bay

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to check this hotel out. Even though it was located next to my hotel, I ventured north on the strip instead of down to this one. I did take the walkway to it one night, but didn't explore much. So I will provide a picture and you can explore on your own!! Hows that? I do know an above ground tram links this hotel to the Luxor and Excalibur.

• schmoopy's Profile Photo

Las Vegas Shows!

by schmoopy Written Sep 13, 2002

We saw the Tragically Hip (a great Canadian band) at the House of Blues in Mandalay Bay. This intimate venue offered an amazing chance to see this fabulous band up close. Looking at future listings at this club, there are numerous acts I would love the chance to see.

• jenna24's Profile Photo

Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay

by jenna24 Written Aug 25, 2002

Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay
    Not your typical aquarium, Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay is a total sensory experience designed to transport visitors to an undersea ocean of fantastic sights, sounds and encounters. Featuring dangerous and unusual aquatic animals and fish from the world's tropical waters, Shark Reef takes visitors on a journey through an ancient temple that has been slowly claimed by the sea and a sunken galleon ship where sharks lurk in the water.

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo

JudyinPA's Things to Do Tip

by JudyinPA Written Aug 25, 2002

Shark Reef is an aquarium that has a large assortment of shark at Mandalay Bay. The coral in the tanks is vibrant in color. There are several smaller varieties of fish and even a couple alligators in a separate tank. The tour is self guided so that you can take your time.

• miked1803's Profile Photo

Shark Reef aquarium

by miked1803 Written Feb 12, 2009
    hats make it a littls silly but there manditory

We had a great time. It was a nice break from all the bright lights, and gambling noise. I feel that it was worth the price.

• Whale Watching

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo

The Shark Reef Aquarium

by JudyinPA Updated Oct 11, 2004

The Shark Reef aquarium at Mandalay Bay. This is a walk through tunnel for even better viewing of the fish.
    Varities of fish swim all around you as you sit or stand to watch.

Instant Answers: Las Vegas