New York, Las Vegas

3790 Las Vegas Blvd (800) 693-6763

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Ride a Roller Coaster!

by GracesTrips Updated Mar 15, 2009

New York New York has a roller coaster. Even though I opted out of taking the ride, my boyfriend, daughter and one of her friends went on it. I thought it was a rather short coaster ride but they seemed to enjoy it.

Upon entering the casino, make your way towards the back and up the escalator through the fun zone.

• Theme Park Trips

• alyf1961's Profile Photo

THE BIG CITY IN THE BIG CITY

by alyf1961 Written Jan 29, 2009

New York, New York hotel is a fun place with NY landmarks made into café’s and shops. You can have your face super imposed on a range of photo’s including cowboys, angels, wrestlers and over 200 other images. Other shops include Harley Davidson and a NY souvenir shop.

NEW YORK, NEW YORK

• Jefie's Profile Photo

For a fun and casual East Coast atmosphere

by Jefie Written Dec 14, 2008

Only in Vegas can you walk from Venice to Paris to New York in just a few minutes! Because we stayed across the street, we spent a fair bit of time at the New York, New York hotel. It wasn't as crowded as the MGM Grand, and I thought there was a nice casual atmosphere, especially for the younger crowd. Of course, looking at the hotel from the outside is an attraction in itself as you can pick out many of the famous NYC landmarks in the condensed New York skyline: the Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building, the Brooklyn Bridge and of course the Statue of Liberty are all there, among others.

One of my favorite features inside was the hotel's foodcourt, designed to look a bit like Greenwhich Village, which happens to be my favorite area in NYC. There are many casual restaurants and bars, including my favorite place to hang out at night in Las Vegas: the Nine Fine Irishmen pub (see my nightlife tips section). Another big attraction at the New York, New York is the Manhattan Express roaller coaster but when I saw how high the first drop was (203 feet!), I thought I'd rather live to tell about it - riding the elevator up the Eiffel Tower had already given me all the thrill I needed!!

New York, New York hotel and casino The Eiffel Tower seen through the Brooklyn Bridge! The Manhattan Express roller coaster They call it The NY, NY's Greenwich Village foodcourt

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

New York-New York

by sue_stone Written Oct 18, 2008

New York-New York is another giant hotel & casino on the Las Vegas Strip. Its façade is amazing! There are replicas of all the recognisable New York landmarks, such as the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Chrysler Building, Brooklyn Bridge, and more, and a roller coaster that threads its way amongst them all!

The interior keeps with the New York theme, with a neon-filled Times Square feel to the casino, and even whiffs of steam rising from fake drain covers near some elevators. There are numerous bars and restaurants too of course, the Nine Fine Irishmen Irish bar being particularly popular, and it has Brooklyn Bridge views too.

New York-New York New York-New York Brooklyn Bridge Inside New York-New York Casino Statue of Liberty New York-New York Casino
    • Luxury Travel

• RAINBOWWINGS's Profile Photo

Roller Coaster NewYork Style

by RAINBOWWINGS Written Aug 21, 2008

If you like roller coasters then this ones for you. Not only does it race around the NewYork, NewYork Hotel, it also dips and dives inside the hotel!!

Really strange if you happen to be sitting having a drink on the sidewalk of the NewYork brownstone houses inside, and if you didnt know it was coming, the traincar can scare the life out of you!!

NY NY Hotel

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Manhattan Express - Roller Coaster

by Yaqui Written Jul 13, 2008

My boys really wanted to ride this and they really wanted me to go. I do not like heights, but occasionally I make exceptions. I knew it was high, but had no idea how high. My hubby thought it was going to be simple, so as we crested the 203 foot climb, it dropped us 144 feet going 67 mph, it left us all screaming and laughing. We did a simulated jet fighter barrel roll and then turning us 180 degrees hanging us 86 feet in the air and felt some negative g's. After we did that my yougenst screamed out loud weeeeeeeeeeee, so if he was happy, we were happy. It is a pretty awesome ride. You gotta to try it!

Hours: Sun-Thurs 11am-11pm
    Fri-Sat 10:30am-12am

$14 a person

• doug48's Profile Photo

little new york

by doug48 Written Jan 27, 2008

new york new york casino is a collection of replica landmarks of new york city in a smaller scale. a very interesting piece of modern architecture. the interior of the casino is divided into miniture new york neighborhoods. the games offered are the same as the other casinos on the strip with slightly lower table limits. a very interesting casino to visit when in las vegas.

new york new york
    • Spa and Resort

• kimberlyfisher1's Profile Photo

Kareoke @ Ellis Island!

by kimberlyfisher1 Written Aug 1, 2007

Looking for a fun, laid- back atmosphere? Kareoke at Eliis Island is the place to be! A somewhat divey bar, the drinks are cheap, the lighting is bad, and the crowd is a mix of tourists and locals...perfect for an off-the-beaten path night in Vegas. Cozy up in a large booth and watch center stage as people sing their hearts out to everything from The Backstreet Boys to Frank Senatra. So much fun! ...And if you happen to drink to much, I'm sure the rooms are cheap!

• Study Abroad
    • School Holidays

• wanderingbilly's Profile Photo

ROLLER COASTER AT NEW YORK NEW YORK.

by wanderingbilly Updated Jun 12, 2007

EVEN IF YOUR NOT STAYING AT THIS HOTEL ONE THING YOU MUST TRY IS THE MANHATTEN EXPRESS ROLLER COASTER..
    THIS CONEY ISLAND STYLE COASTER WILL NOT ONLY HAVE YOU SCREAMING WITH DELIGHT IT WILL ALSO GIVE YOU WONDERFUL VIEWS OF THE STRIP..
    I DID IT AT NIGHT AND I HAVE TO SAY THAT THE VIEW OF THE STRIP WITH ALL THE LIGHTS ON WAS A REAL SIGHT TO BEHOLD.. NOT THAT I GOT TO VIEW IT FOR VERY LONG BEFORE THE COASTER DIPPED AND DIVED AND THEN WENT INTO A LOOP GIVING ME AN UNEXPECTED UPSIDE DOWN VIEW OF THE STRIP..THEN AFTER A FEW MORE CORNERS AT BREAK NECK SPEED IT WAS BACK TO THE START.. THE BROAD SMILE ON MY FACE SAID IT ALL..I LOVED IT.
    THIS WILL NOT BE THE FASTEST COASTER YOU WILL EVER BE ON BUT HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET TO RIDE A COASTER PAST THE STATUE OF LIBERTY THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING AND THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE..NOT OFTEN I HEAR YOU SAY..WELL IN VEGAS YOU CAN.. JUST MAKE SURE YOU DO.
    PRICES ARE.. ADULTS 12.50 DOLLARS
    COASTER RUND FROM 11 AM-11PM SUN-THUR
    AND FROM 11AM - MIDNIGHT FRI-SAT.

THE MANHATTAN COASTER AT NEW YORK NEW YORK,
    • Singles
    • Adventure Travel

• Fuzk84's Profile Photo

Cheesy

by Fuzk84 Written Jun 9, 2007

I didn't take the time to visit the inside of the hotel as it already looked rather cheesy from the outside. The back dropdrop of the hotel, which i suppose is the Manhattan skyline, looked really cheesy in the day. They looked like cardboard cutouts to me. It probably looks much better at night with the lights and all but I didn't get the chance to visit it then.

• boltonian's Profile Photo

White Knuckles

by boltonian Written May 19, 2007

The Manhatten roller coaster is about $20 to ride, and takes you around the inside and outside of the hotel. Located at the back of the New York New York hotel.

A cheaper ticket is available for the second ride.

A must do in Vegas

Take your wallet out of your pocket

• joanie30735's Profile Photo

Zumanity

by joanie30735 Written Nov 3, 2006

I really recommend that if you can afford it and you have the time or really i think everyone should make the time expecially couples....to go to the "Zumanity" show at the New York, New York hotel!!! I traveled to Las Vegas as a Honeymoon trip and me and my husband went to this show and how we got it was thru a TimeShare and man was it worth the 2 hours of saying "no"...ha! but really the seats were really good to where we could see everything and just remember that this is a "nude" show......and it really was good!!! We can't wait to go back to Las Vegas to go back to this show!!!! We stayed at the Aladdin Hotel which is going to be the Planet Hollywood soon and i think we made a good choice by staying there it all was wonderful!!!! The Hoover Dam was breath taking and we took the Lake Mead cruise which was oh my goodness....the best! We can't wait to get back into the Las Vegas style of things again soon.....

• Food Court?!?

by caelle Written Jul 1, 2006

If you are looking for a food court, you should check out the one in New York! New York! We were there and found some really reasonably priced food...

Unable to provide any comment on the food there because none of us eat there as we had our meal before wandering into New York! New York!

• lazyman_1's Profile Photo

New York New York

by lazyman_1 Written Jun 6, 2006

The New York New York hotel and casino is a remarkable building! modelled after the New York skyline complete with a miniature model of the statue of liberty. Also New York New York is home to a roller coaster. One of the most interesting things about the casino is the restaurant district within that have been built to resemble the different district of the city.

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

New York, New York, just look at this

by Martin_S. Written Feb 5, 2006

This is the street view of New York, New York and this casino has gone all out to present to you a small version of the real New York here in Las Vegas. If you take a picture of the skyline of New York and then compare it to this casino, not sure which will look more impressive, the designers have done a great jog here. There is also an exterior roller coaster that takes you for a wild and hairy "tour" outside the "city", maybe if you look close you can see it in the picture as it winds between the buildings.

New York, New York, street view