The Strip, Las Vegas

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Walk Around at Night

by riorich55 Written May 9, 2009

The Paris Taken From the Belaggio

On our first night in town we were walking back from the restaurant we had eaten at and took in one of the fountain shows at the Belaggio. From here we also got a good look at the Las Vegas version of Paris.

One of the interesting things about Las Vegas is when daytime turns into nighttime it almost becomes brighter with the millions of lights that go on at all the buildings, signs, etc around town.

In the summer time you look forward to nightime just so you can walk around without that 100 degree dry heat baking you to a crisp. In April, on our last trip, it got a little chilly walking around outside so make sure you have a light jacket or sweater with you as you take in the night sites.

• soccergrrl's Profile Photo

The Strip by Day and Night

by soccergrrl Written May 29, 2003

The South Strip by Night

Las Vegas Boulevard, aka The Strip, is where the action is in Vegas. It's home to all the over-the-top hotels and casinos you've no doubt heard or read about: Luxor, Venetian, Bellagio, Paris . . . And it's worth seeing in both bright sunlight and the lurid, lively neon of the night. New York New York was my absolute favorite facade by day, but at night some of the other hotels stand out more -- like Paris and Excalibur (with its wand-zapping wizard). For sheer brightness, of course, nothing beats the Luxor, out of whose pyramid shines the brightest light on Earth.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Walk the Strip

by Ewingjr98 Updated Mar 11, 2007

Along the strip

See dozens of casinos. Get mobbed by thousands of people. Get run down by speeding traffic. Have local hoodlums hand you cards with naked women on them. P!ss the hoodlums off by handing the nudie girl cards back. Where else but the famous Las Vegas Strip?

Some of the cool things to see include the Venetian and its canals as well as the fountain and light show in front of the Bellagio.

For foreign visitors, please do NOT think this is typical America. It certainly is not! Las Vegas is a one-of-a-kind city that was built for the sole reason of attracting tourist and taking their money.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Take Your Picture with a Cartoon Characters

by Yaqui Written Mar 2, 2012

Something that is new, is they have these folks dressed in cartoon characters outfits located all along the Las Vegas strip. I know my son got excited seeing Transformer Bumble Bee and Halo..lol. So he had a picture taken with a Bumble Bee.

• monica71's Profile Photo

Prepare yourself for a good and long walk!

by monica71 Updated May 23, 2008

In front of Venetian

No visit in Las Vegas is complete without walking the strip from one end to another. This is not as easy as it sounds and it takes a lot of time and energy! Your feet will most likely hurt at the end of the day no matter how comfortable your shoes are. Do not even try attempting to cover the whole strip in one day unless you are willing to rush through it and not take your time to check out all the cool hotels and their attractions. It took me 3 full days to walk the Strip at the pace I felt comfortable with and I still had to compromise and decide where I wanted to stop and what I wanted to see. There is huge competition between all the hotels on the Strip and what they have to offer, so no matter which ones you pick and decide to explore, you just can not loose!

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Some things you will see on the Strip

by GracesTrips Updated Jun 4, 2008

So, here are some photos I took walking up and down Las Vegas Blvd.

If you don't mind walking, wear some comfortable shoes and walk down the strip. You will have a wonderful time going in and out of the hotels. It's so convenient now that they have escalators, moving sidewalks and over pass walkways.

The link below will give you an idea of all the hotels/casinos are on the strip.

• Architecture

• There are many reasonable things to do.

by Vacation_obsessed Written Jun 21, 2005

Most things on the strip are very exspensive though. Drinks are very high unless you go to places like the Westward Ho or downtown.
    We did visit Hoover Damn this time. Its quite a wonder. And I would recommend it if you have the time. We did a tour because we didn't want to hassle with renting a car and driving ourselves. The Ethel M's cactus gardens are cool. But we didn't have much time to look at them. Which was very disappointing.
    If you plan a trip to Vegas and are a walker and not a big gambler research everything. There are a lot of shuttles to and from different hotels. Also a 24 hr bus pass is only 5.00. Last yr. there was a shuttle from the Fashion mall to the Hard Rock Hotel. This yr we took one from Harrahs to Rio. The Rio was quite a suprise. We went late afternoon so I am not sure when it starts but they do like a mardi gras parade through the casino (not sure if it's every hr on the hr) then go go up on stage and perform. While the people on stage perform fancy floats come out of the wall and travel along rails on the ceiling. People in costumes dance on them also. And throw out a few necklaces. I only wish we could of spent more time than we did. The Bellagio is one of my favorites. The fountains and the conservatory is always beautiful. I will upload pics. The famingo and it's outdoor area is nice. It has penguins, flamingos, koi . Paris and NY NY are fun to walk through because they are like replica streets. Also the Paris has live statues,. Those people do an awesome job. The Eiffel tower is a must at night. But very busy. Ceasars is huge. And they have beautiful statues also. Mirage has the volcano out front. And tigers inside. I think they have an aquarium but we didn't view it. Stratosphere tower is a must. We did it during the day. Monte Carlo is very pretty. I am sorry I can't think of everything. Although I know as soon as I click add I will think of a million things. Oh downtown is a must. cool atmosphere, cheap beer. The Wynn was new and man o man no corners were cut there.

• Hosell's Profile Photo

Me above the Strip!.

by Hosell Updated May 20, 2004

This picture was taken in a high passage along the Strip,on the way to MGM hotel,is a nightview.You can take some good photos from here,if you can place well your camera's objetive through that wire fence that you can see on the picture !!!.
    :-)

• rkopriva's Profile Photo

THE STRIP

by rkopriva Written Feb 25, 2003

All the famous hotel-casinos are located on the Las Vegas Strip making this street one long site for itself.
    At the southern end there are all the new Hotels like the Excalibur, the Mandalay, the New York-New York, the MGM Grand, and the Luxor.
    More in the North there are the still famous hotels like the Stardust or the Riviera.
    In the North there is the Stratosphere Tower with the Big shot and a rollercoaster on top of it.

• silvia-m.b's Profile Photo

Walk along 'THE STRIP' is a...

by silvia-m.b Written Feb 25, 2003

Walk along 'THE STRIP' is a real adventure trying to don't forget to see everything. You don't have sometimes enough eyes to see all the things...
    The best attractions in Las Vegas are there! One single place in all the world where some countries are together...

• silvia-m.b's Profile Photo

Don't forget to visit the...

by silvia-m.b Written Feb 25, 2003

Don't forget to visit the interior of all the hotels. Are incredible: decoration, are huge, crowded... I've never seen something like that in other countries.
    The decoration of the theme hotel. In the picture I'm inside the egypcian hotel. I'm not in Egypt! You can see that scenery is really like real Egypt and you are transport for a while to another country in few seconds.

• SmileyLeSa's Profile Photo

Walking the Strip

by SmileyLeSa Written Oct 24, 2005

Photograph copyright by Leena-The Wynn

This is probably the most common activity of them all, simply walking the strip. By walking, I mean going into the various hotels and casinos, checking out the sights, the decor, the enviornment. One day we started around 4:00 p.m. and went until 1:00. We covered barely half the strip, but went into the Mirage, Wynn, Caesars, Venetian, Bellagio, Paris and Ballys.

We had drinks and dinner and drinks along the way. Vegas is definitely a city good for a group to go have fun together.

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo

The Strip

by dejavu2gb Updated Oct 18, 2004

The Strip

Whether you arrive by plane, train or car, try to arrive into Vegas during the evening. The strip looks just totally spectacular when its all lit up, you will be totally in awe....I was.

If you are a fan of Coyote Ugly, the movie, they have one at New York New York, drop in there for a drink and a dance on the bar counter!!

• MUST DO THINGS

by Refosco Written Jun 24, 2004

Fountains show at the Bellagio.

This is something you should do. Go watch one of the hundreds shows they have in the hotels. If you shop in advance, you can find several offers and discounts. We went to see Jubilee at the Bally's. It was great. The way the keep changing the stage, the atmosphere, the dancers. And there are many kind of shows you can chose from. Magicians, ballets, you name it. But believe me, those shows in Vegas are really well done and planned to perfection.
    Another thing you don't want to miss is the fountains show at the Bellagio Hotel (every night). It's great and it's free.

• Luxury Travel

• LiliCanada's Profile Photo

Walking the Strip

by LiliCanada Written May 17, 2009

The Mirage where Jay Leno had his show sometimes

You can get all kinds of maps at your hotel to see which hotels are where on the strip. Make sure you have very good, worked in walking shoes!

We walked south from TI to see the Mirage, Bellagio, Caesar's Palace, Monte Carlo, New York New York, Excalibur, Luxor, Mandalay Bay. And then we crossed the street to see MGM Grand. We were too tired after that to see any more so we cabbed to Margaretaville for a drink before heading back to our hotel for some R & R.

We saw a gorgeous lion at MGM Grand, rode the roller coaster at New York New York and walked through the gardens at the Bellagio.

New York New York looks like the city from the outside and the inside they've built to simulate New York streets. Loads of character in this hotel and it's where I want to stay next time I come. They've got a huge arcade - good for families. But they've also got the Nine Fine Irishmen, a fantastic little bar. When we were there, a band from Dublin Ireland was playing.

We never made it to Caesar's Palace and that's an absolute must for next time. I also will see old Las Vegas next time (Freemont Experience) because they have a canopy over five blocks of the old Vegas hotels downtown. And every hour they show a light show with rock music on this canopy.

The hotels of Vegas are a sight to see.

Instant Answers: Las Vegas

Comments

Hotels Near The Strip
3.0 out of 5 stars