Weddings, Las Vegas

• Madasabull's Profile Photo

Getting married in Las Vegas

by Madasabull Updated Dec 18, 2013

We arrived in Las Vegas between Christmas and New Year at Bally's Hotel. We were happy to find that our bags had arrived ahead of us, after being lost on flight to LA, and that all our wedding clothes were still OK.

We thought it would be a great idea to marry in Vegas, as we had both been married before, and this way we could have our honeymoon in Vegas, and a wedding without having to worry about trying to keep both our families and friends, happy.

We looked up and down The Las Vegas strip to find a good wedding chapel, and we asked around too. We settled on A Special Memory Wedding Chapel. They hold all kinds of wedding, including a Drive Thru would you believe, but we wanted a Traditional Wedding, and that's what we got.

I had a video camera that wasnt any bigger than a mobile phone, and as we weren't allowed to video our wedding without paying an extra fee, I just told them that my camera was a basic thing and not really much of a video camera, and I asked if I could just stick it in the corner on a tripod.

They agreed, and I got our wedding in Full HD, thanks to my Kodak z8. I know, what a tightarse, but we had better things to spend our money on than someone else holding my camera.

The wedding was lovely, and service was very good. We had hired a car in LA for our 3 week road trip, and made sure it was white so we could put balloons and tape on it, as our wedding car.

It was a great experience, and one that I hope I wont be doing again. But if I were to do it again, this would be the way. I have uploaded a little bit of our wedding video, but only a bit, so take a look.

• Women's Travel

• kris-t's Profile Photo

Get (Re)Married

by kris-t Written Nov 11, 2012

Forever Grand Wedding Chapel, MGM Grand

Las Vegas hosts more than 100,000 weddings a year.

Theme weddings are really big in Vegas. Among the many choices are a Elvis wedding, Drive-thru wedding, a Star Trek wedding, a gangster wedding, a Harley wedding, a beach-party style wedding, a Camelot wedding, a rock 'n roll wedding, a Gondola wedding, a Pirate ship wedding, or even a nude wedding and "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign wedding!

Note: If you want to get married at Valentine's Day or New Year's Eve, you have to book well ahead.

• doug48's Profile Photo

let's get divorced

by doug48 Updated Apr 23, 2012

clark county courthouse

las vegas is famous for it's "quickie" marrages and also it's "quickie" divorces. neighboring california has stringent divorce laws and many californians travel to las vegas to get a divorce. pictured is the clark county court house which handles these transactions. former football player and actor o. j. simpson was tried at the clark county courthouse and is now serving a 33 year sentence at nevada's loveland correctional center.

• Singles
    • Business Travel

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Getting married in Las Vegas?

by joiwatani Written Sep 17, 2011
    This wedding chapel is in Mandalay Bay Hotel

There are many wedding chapels in Las Vegas. There are independent chapels which are not directly connected with the hotels and there are also chapels inside the hotels.

Make sure to check the hotel's website and check out the policies of getting married lawfully and legally in the State of Nevada! There are requirements!

• worldglobetrotter's Profile Photo

Beyond the typical vegas weddings

by worldglobetrotter Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Wedding at Sunrise

My (now) husband and I wanted to get married, but not at a cheesy chapel complete with Elvis officiating...although I wouldn't have minded Elvis, but that's another story!

We chose A Vegas Wedding and were married on top of a mountain outside Vegas at sunrise. As we were saying our vows, the sun was rising over the mountains. So romantic!

We opted for the Sunrise Champagne wedding. All fees were included in the price: the chauffered SUV to the site, the photo-journalist, a CD of photos, a DVD of our wedding and the drive up, and the minister.

On the way back, we stopped by Boulder City for a few photos...check them out on the Boulder City Parks link. *g* Hey...keep in mind that we had an hour of sleep the night before. We arrived in Vegas late in the afternoon, rushed all over town for last-minute wedding essentials (like a tux--oops, no such luck) and finally got to sleep only to wake up way before the crack of dawn to drive out to the site.

Don't get me wrong...this was perfect...It was different, which is fabulous! Highly recommend the Champagne Sunrise wedding!

• Save Money by Renting a House for your Wedding

by ThePokerChief Written Sep 23, 2010

My wife and I were recently married and we had loads of friends who wanted to come but not get caught in the gambling trap the casinos lure you into. We did this through renting a house near the Strip and had the time of our lives whilst saving money at the same time. We were all able to get together and even take midnight swims. It was fantastic and luxurious!

As it was ours for the two weeks, we saved money and could keep a watchful eye on our friends' children. We would never go in a hotel again after this wonderful experience

• Luxury Travel

• doug48's Profile Photo

let's get married

by doug48 Written Jan 26, 2008

las vegas wedding chapel

pictured is a wedding chapel on las vegas blvd. one interesting aspect of las vegas is that nevada has very liberal marrage requirements. as a result people from all over the country come to las vegas to get married. las vegas hosts hundreds of wedding chapels for "quickie" weddings. if you are in a hurry some offer drive-thru services. considering the expenses of a traditional wedding and reception a las vegas wedding may be a bargain.

• Business Travel
    • Singles

• imlikeabird's Profile Photo

Renew your vows

by imlikeabird Written Aug 13, 2007

Our limo driver in front of the chapel

We renewed our vows with Elvis Presley at the Graceland Wedding Chapel. They did an excellent job, from the limo to the King himself. Loved it, it was very romantic, and then my brother surprised his wife by having them renew their vows.

• afireinside_21's Profile Photo

Proposals

by afireinside_21 Written Jan 28, 2007

My husband and I are locals, and often have friends in town. So I was totally oblivious to the fact that he was going to pop the question one night on the town with friends. They wanted to ride the gondolas at the Venetian, so we went in seperate gondolas and my husband proposed. It was really sweet and romantic cruising along with people clapping for us from the bridges. Our gondolier had a beautiful voice and serenaded us while we rode. I'd recommend it to anyone who is planning on proposing to that special someone.

The Eiffel Tower at the Paris Hotel is also a wonderful place that will help coordinate your proposal. For a price they can arrange everything from champagne to roses and work hard to keep your plans discreet.

• Spa and Resort

• Church of the West Warning!

by Jsam79 Written Jan 13, 2007

The beautiful, historic chapel was the only terrific thing about our experience. The office staff was rude. The flowers were dead! We confirmed months prior and even in person a few days before. The officiant was pleasant, but don't purchase the DVD, the air conditioner VAROOMS over any of the audio. The staff is in the background doing all sorts of stuff, including talking over the ceremony. Rushed through, limo driver was late picking us up at the Venetian and the dressing room was filthy. A big disappointment in every regard save the man I married!

• tere1's Profile Photo

Get married in Las Vegas!

by tere1 Written Aug 4, 2006

Bon Jovi got marriied here!!!

Even if you don't get married in Las Vegas, at least visit and see some of its typical wedding chapels! There are many weddingg chapels in Las Vegas. they are usually small and very funny.

If you're not planning to get married there, drive around to see them and get to know its funny ambiance. We did that and had a good time!

• BerniShand's Profile Photo

LAS VEGAS WEDDINGS

by BerniShand Written Jun 18, 2006

From the sublime to the ridiculous, whatever sort of wedding you want you`ll probably find it here, indeed if you arrive in Las Vegas without a prospective spouse and find the one of your dreams while you are here getting a license seems to be quick and easy. there are an amazing number of wedding chapels, all the major hotels have their own, and everything for your special day can be bought or hired....even the flowers. You could be married by an Elvis Presley impersonator, or in a car at a drive through ceremony..... then you could go to Mc D`s drive through for your wedding dinner ! the only limit is your imagination and your budget

our vow renewal ceremony was at the Shalimar Wedding Chapel, the $160 cost included limousine, photographs, video of the ceremony, silk flower hire and a garter, but the main reason we chose the Shalimar was the live webcam link which enabled family and friends not able to attend to share the ceremony with us. the fee for the Minister and the gratuity for the limo driver were extra
    So, on the 10th of April 2006 at 5pm Las Vegas time we re-took our wedding vows in Las Vegas surrounded by a bunch of dearly loved VT friends, our `real` wedding 28 years ago was a civil ceremony, without the beautiful words of the wedding service spoken this day by the Minister who had such a rich warm resonant voice,
    did anyone cry ? Oh yes, we all did
    it was a very moving ceremony

sharing our day with us were rexvaughan and Sacra [Rex was the Best Man]
    Keida84 and Lumpmeister [Kat was Matron of Honour and Paul was camcorderman fot the day] Kat`s dear friend Kris [TazMocha]
    Kymba [Kymbanm] and her friend Missy
    CatherineGC and her lovely hubby Jay

• Princess Wedding Chapel: "A mural lover's dream. H

by mcarthurpark Written May 17, 2006

Vegas is a great place to get married. It provides elegant pre-packaged weddings ranging from simple to extragavant, traditional to themed offering practically everything that you would want from a conventional wedding except the local location, the expensive pricetag and the hassle. I didn't time our stay in the chapel but, I'm sure that it was over an hour vs. typical Vegas half hour. The photographer starts taking pictures of bride in the dressing room throughout the marriage and several poses after the wedding. They present to you a spectacular 100+ picture show set to music. What they don't tell you is that you either have to stick to your original package which doesn't include the DVD, buy DVD and CD with pictures or just the CD. If you get either the DVD &/or CD they will not give you photos that were originally promised in the package. They say that the photos are discounted from DVD &/or CD. The DVD&CD were $600 cash and just the CD was $450. This marriage was well worth it but I did feel deceived because the package was compromised. If I knew about the DVD, I would have bought the cheapest package. The I bought the $299 package because it offers extra photos and a video recording of the ceremony. I almost never watch or show the video recording. I show the DVD presentation all the time. It is a much better keepsake than the video recording of the ceremony. The disc(s) are better to show to family, friends and co-workers. Overall, we made the best of things. I made sure that the photographer got pictures in front of the murals that I wanted. For a wedding at home, the average photographer starts at $700. Other chapels in Vegas either do the same thing or limit you to 30 minutes which isn't time for many pictures. Pictures are most important keepsake of a wedding. Although things weren't exact, I was still fullfilled and would recommend it to anyone just understand what you're getting.

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

You COULD get married!

by kymbanm Written Apr 13, 2006

The Limo ride! Berni and Carl arrive

There are wedding chapels all over Las Vegas .. in every hotel, casino, and along street corners. You can find Elvis, do a drive through like ordering a fast food burger, go for costumes and themes, or find simple and elegant. The former is what my VT friends chose for their vow renewal.

The Shalimar chapel has an unassuming locale: inside a Howard Johnson's motel north of the touristy part of the Las Vegas Strip. Despite this location, the chapel itself is lovely and photographs well. Add to this the webcam feature, and it made a perfect venue for Berni and Carl's vow renewal!

The minister provided touching words, and added to the ambience of the moment. His clear, deep, loving voice added more emotion that we could handle! We were already on the edge of tears - he just gave us a nudge into full fledged waterworks ;)

Like most LV wedding services .... they offer packages as well as a la carte services. Don't expect to bring your own flowers .... they make money offering those things so won't allow it! But we were allowed to photograph to our heart's content ;)

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo

The Little White Wedding Chapel

by Martinewezel Written Dec 27, 2005

Little White Wedding Chapel, Las Vegas

I do not understand anything about American wedding customs. It all seems very unusual and rather fancy to me. Also the fact that anybody can get married or "remarried" at any moment...wow! :-)
    Anyway... this charming little chapel, really known all around the world seems to be one of the most coziest places for this ceremony.
    I accidentally found it while I was driving from the Strip to Fremont St.
    Nothing really special in itself, but still one of the popular "must sees"!

Instant Answers: Las Vegas