Plane/Helicopeter/Airport, Las Vegas

Know about this? Rate It!

• Plane/Helicopeter/Airport
  • Plane/Helicopeter/Airport
    by kris-t
    Slot machines at the baggage claim
  • kris-t's Profile Photo

Las Vegas Airport

by kris-t Written Nov 28, 2012

You know you are in Las Vegas right away - slot machines, they are everywhere throughout the airport, more than 1,234 units! If you're over 21, enjoy!

McCarran International is located just minutes away from the Strip. It's served by taxicabs operated by various companies. The airport is further served by RTC Transit, the public bus service of the Las Vegas valley.

RTC buses stop at Terminal 1 outside the Zero Level.

• Photography

• AGBAT's Profile Photo

Helicopter tour of Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

by AGBAT Written May 21, 2012

Another option is a flying tour. Helicopter from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon is around $307 with this operator but there are others just do a search. http://www.canyontours.net/?event=offer.detail&offerId=4395

• Benson35's Profile Photo

McCarran airport Las Vegas

by Benson35 Written Mar 22, 2012

All of the rumours are true!!

The airport DOES have slots machines!!

I have no negatives to say about McCarran airport. There are places to eat and drink, duty free shops, jewellery shops, shops that sell handbags, purses etc. etc.
    The airport is clean and the staff are helpful and friendly.
    The best thing for me about the airport is the view. I loved sitting down and watching the planes take off with the strip in the background. Loved it!

The airport is approx. 15 minutes from the strip (MGM, Excalibur, New York New York end). The further down the strip your hotel is from the above, obviously the longer it takes. You will find that the majority of taxi's will not take you down the strip to get to your hotel as firstly, the traffic can be bad and secondly, all hotels have a guest enterance that will lead you to the reception rather than the casino floor.

There is a taxi rank outside McCarran airport.

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Mc Carran Airport Concourse D (part 2)

by machomikemd Written Sep 28, 2011
    welcome

part two of my Concourse D tip with more pictures around the Concourse D area.

The Concourse D of the Mc Carran International Airport is a newer addition to the Terminal 1 complex and it connected to the main terminal by a people mover tram that runs every 3 minutes each way. Like the other concourses, it has it's share of slot machines and lots of food stalls and eateries and shopping areas. The concourse is huge and it services airlines such as Delta, Delta Connection, Alaska Air, American Airlines, Jet Blue, United Airlines and more. The Concoure D is spread like a four leaf clover and with many airport gates (gates D1-D12, D14, D16-D26, D31-D43, D50-D58).

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Mc Carranl Airport Concourse D (part 1)

by machomikemd Updated Sep 28, 2011
    map

This will be a two part tip with more pictures around the Concourse D area.

Mc Carran International Airport

by machomikemd Written Sep 28, 2011
    view from the air

The Mc Carran International Airport (airport code is LAS) is the main gateway to Las Vegas and the Southern Nevada area. It is one of the most busiest Airports here in the United States that caters to both international and domestic passengers. The airport is one of the rare cases where the main airport is located very close to a city in that it just takes a few minutes from to airport to the Strip. The airport has two terminal, namely terminal 1 which handles all the domestic airlines and the terminal is sprawled into four main Concourses (A, B, C, and D) and terminal 2 which handles all the International flights and chartered jets. The Terminals and the Concourses are connected by a built in Tram that services each area and a tram is available every 5 minutes per station. It is one of a few airport in the world where you can find slot machines sprawled all over the Airport. The McCarran International Airport (LAS) is extremely close to the famous Las Vegas Boulevard (The Strip), being just 2 miles / 3 km away. pls see my separate tips on airport shuttles, taxis and car rentals from the Mc Carran Airport and the slot machines.

Delta Airlines

by machomikemd Updated Sep 26, 2011
    at Mc Carran Airport

yes, I'm a frequent flyer of delta airlines and northwest airlines before it was merged with delta hence it is my favorite ailrine of choice even though it has no direct flight from san francisco to las vegas unlike other airlines like united or southwest and you will have a 1 hour lay over at lax but i can still redeem MR's hence on a revisit to las vegas, I took my favorite airline and it did not disappoint. delta is served by sky west in the routes to and from san francisco and las vegas and the plane are small, usually using embraer ERJ 145 type of aircraft. they have 8 times of flights going to and from lax and another 8x to and from san francisco so there are no problem in the connecting flights to las vegas. it lands at D Concourse of the Mc Carran Airport.

Airport Shuttle Bus to Strip

by machomikemd Updated Sep 26, 2011

the drop off area of the mc carran airport

ACL, Bell, Star, Grayline and Showtime are just a few of the companies that offer shuttle buses between the airport and the various Strip and downtown hotels. These buses usually cost under $5 per person to Strip hotels and under $7 per person to downtown hotels which makes them a lot cheaper than taxis. You can take care of your return trip to the airport by buying a round-trip shuttle bus ticket which offers some savings. They typically cost around $8 for Strip hotels and $10 for downtown hotels.

Whichever shuttle service you use, be sure to ask the driver for a telephone number to call for a pick-up when you have to return to the airport. When you are ready to call for a pick-up, you can often just pick up a hotel house phone and ask them to connect you to the shuttle bus company. Be sure to call at least two hours before the time you want to arrive at the airport. Some shuttle bus companies want you to call 24 hours ahead of time. Ask your driver how far ahead you should call for a pick-up.

Shuttles are located outside of baggage claim at McCarran International Airport

Walk-up sedan - $40.00 per hour
    (702) 739-7990
    (800) 274-7433

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

McCarron International Airport; minutes to "Strip"

by travelgourmet Written Aug 17, 2011

COME FLY WITH ME!

Coming to Las Vegas? You can drive through the desert with little to see, nothing to do, till you arrive in Las Vegas, spending hours on the road. Traffic will sometimes become bottle-necked and barely moving while tempers can get as hot as the summer sun, sitting still wasting gasoline in a vehicle. You can be rid of the driving blues and the blahs of endless road by flying into Las Vegas. McCarron International Airport has flights with passengers from around the world, arriving day and night. Located so close to the action of the Las Vegas "Strip" that you can smell the slot machines from the luggage pickup kiosks of McCarron.

There are shuttles to the downtown Las Vegas hotels as well as the "Strip" Resorts. The fastest way may be the Taxi service. It is not cheap for one person but three or four passengers brings the price per person down to a reasonable rate. Going from the airport to a "Strip" hotel which can be only a few miles can cost at least $20.00 USD including a 15% tip to the driver. Just the same, arriving at McCarron International Airport is the relaxed way to start your partying. Viva Las Vegas.

• Seniors

• mingomatic's Profile Photo

Southwest flights from LAX to LAS for around $50

by mingomatic Written Jul 21, 2011

I got a flight for $50 on Southwest Airlines. And the great thing about Southwest is that you can change your reservations at anytime on the fly through the website. I highly recommend booking this way rather than driving. Saves you time, and not that much extra money.

• McCarran Airport Sucks

by WIlnicki Written May 22, 2011

Worst.Airport.Ever. I hate to say it but we are now flying into LAX and then driving down to Vegas next time we go...Arrived at McCarran midnight to fly back home only to wait in 4 disorganized lines where people were making their own rules as to "whose next" finally was served by an angry asian attendant who looked like it was his last day on the job and needed a drink. Proceeded to the scanning system, went into that old scanner and was completely YELLED at by a haggard lady asking if I had anything in my pockets and to throw it in the dish. I had chapstick and my passport then put the items in the dish from which she screamed nothing is to be in your pockets! I had a huge smile because I always find it is hilarious when people like that are power hungry. Scanner scanned and she told me to get out and stand on the mat. Then a gentlemen gave a hand signal to step 2 steps forward. I stated "boy you guys don't mess around over here huh?" From which no facial expression or response was given. I proceeded to stand pointlessly. Then he waved me to the side so I could pick up my belongings..I look, and my container was flipped upside down backpack was on the moving cart and wallet went into another person's tray...I was FUMING at this point. The guy that was scanning the carryon belongings kept pushing the trays, which is how mine was flipped at the end..then I yelled for him to stop because I was missing my watch, gold ring that is probably worth more than his life, and another 500$ ring. He stated for me not to worry about it then walked over to where he was sitting and pulled them from under the desk where he was scanning. He gave me some *** about sometimes the backpacks push things like that out but it catches it and that he was sorry. I thereby responded that maybe to optimize their workflow they shouldn't have 3 guys standing there waving people to stand on a mat after being scanned by the haggard lady operating the machine and to have one guy watching the trays so they don't flip...my rings and watch were then given back and I proceeded to make the walk to my gate...opps...of course I started to feel that my pants were falling down and that I didn't see my belt on the tray(where I initially put it with my things to be scanned) ...walked all the way back where I stood at the end and pointed to the ground where, of course, my belt lay. I stood and pointed until the same joker worker who probably tried to hussle me out of my rings picked up my belt and gave it to me. I snatched it from him and went back to the gate...while awaiting for my flight I couldn't help but feel embarrassed for the unprofessional staff at which point stating over the intercom "last flight for a ...Yeung..umm..Y-E-U-N-G ..I'm prolly saying that wrong but Young please go to gate 5"...Sigh finally I can board...

• deecat's Profile Photo

Unique Airport

by deecat Updated Jan 31, 2011

Slots at the Vegas Airport

McCarran International Airport, Las Vegas, Nevada, serves Las Vegas and surrounding Clark County, Nevada. It is located about five miles south of the central business district. This is the airport that we flew into in January of 2011. We flew United Airlines. Our flight was right on time, and as entered, we both smiled because the first items that we saw were slot machines! We learned that this airport has more than $1300 slot machines throughout the airport terminals. [See photo #1 where my friend Mickey is pretending to use one of these slots. ] Another unique item about this airport is the Palm Trees that are evident.

On our trip back to Chicago, we spent a few hours here because our plan was delayed because of its origin not having the proper personnel needed. It is a very clean airport with lots of places to shop and eat. We ended up eating there before our plane arrived. Ironically, we made up the time on the flight home, and our flight was on time after all.

McCarran International Airport is a hub for U.S. Airways which operated more flights out of McCarran than at any other airport.

• marielexoteria's Profile Photo

McCarran airport

by marielexoteria Updated Jan 6, 2010

At McCarran airport

McCarran airport is one of these "no frills" airports, not too big, not too small. In case you didn't get enough of gambling at the casinos, they have some slot machines on the terminals. It took 30-40 minutes for us to go from the airport to the Excalibur but 15-20 minutes from the hotel to the airport.

As always, allow enough time to check in, baggage drop and security check at the airport.

As of Nov 2009, they offer FREE Wifi on the terminals and with quick internet access too. I used it while waiting to board the plane at the gate.

• freddie18's Profile Photo

Aircraft /Airplane

by freddie18 Written Jan 16, 2009

Aircraft Just Took Off the McCarran Intl Airport

Definitely lot of airlines flying to and from Las Vegas - McCarran International Airport. It was convenient at the airport from checking in for my airline to the immigration and security formalities. No problem with the United Airlines which looks like most flights are on time.

Some of the airlines/airplane taking off and landing at the McCarran International Airport are:
    AeroMexico - Air Canada - AirTran - Alaska - Allegiant - American Airlines, BMI - Condor - Continental Airlines - Delta Airlines - Frontier - Hawaiian Airlines - JetBlue Airways - Korean Air - Mexicana - Midwest Airlines - Northwest Airlines - Philippine Airlines - Ryan International Airlines - Southwest - Spirit Airlines - Sun Country Airlines - Sun Wing - Ted Airlines - Thomas Cook - United Airlines - US Airways - Virgin America - Virgin Atlantic - WestJet

For contact and other detailed information on these airlines, visit the link I provided below.

• Jefie's Profile Photo

McCarran International Airport - Terminal 2

by Jefie Written Dec 14, 2008

The Mandalay Bay and Luxor seen from the airport

Since we were flying with Air Canada, we arrived and departed from the much smaller Terminal 2. There were a couple of souvenir shops, some fast food options for lunch, and the few unavoidable slot machines. Since there wasn't much to do while we were waiting for our flight, we were happy to see that free wireless Internet access was available throughout the terminal. It gave me some time to catch up on my VT mails!

Instant Answers: Las Vegas