Other Ways To Lose, Las Vegas

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Other hustlers

by goingsolo Written Jun 7, 2004

Las Vegas

I was approached by a psychic/face reader while having coffee. She wanted $25 to "read my face." Told her I didn't have it and she promptly agreed to do it for $5. Since this was Vegas and I was losing all my money anyway, I gave it to her.

She said that I'm going to be very successful and that I'm careful with money. Not exactly accurate since I paid her $5 to read my face. She also said that I have a very dark aura which needs to be cleansed by a spiritual healer, for an extra charge. I decided to find a casino and play some more video poker.

Everyone's trying to sell you something in Vegas. Its just part of the town.

• jkfisme's Profile Photo

Buffets!!

by jkfisme Written Apr 23, 2004

Use caution when visiting one of those "All you can eat for $4.99" buffets. I got food poisoning at the Golden Nugget buffet and spent the last day of the trip wishing I had never gotten on the plane.

• Casino and Gambling

• Koala_D's Profile Photo

Pickpockets & Taxi Prices

by Koala_D Updated Jul 15, 2003
    Friends, Romans, Tourists... Hang on to your bags!

ALWAYS watch for pickpockets... keep your valuables CLOSE! A bad problem here, as people get so absorbed in the shows or slot machines.
    TAXIS.............. BE SURE TO ASK FOR PRICES FIRST!! These can be surprisingly expensive sometimes!

• Seniors

• binnie's Profile Photo

Watch out for this man, he...

by binnie Written Aug 24, 2002

Watch out for this man, he calls himself, 'Michael Landon from Boston'.
    He preys on vunerable tourists like me, and pretends he is going home. He walked along the strip with us and tried to give away tickets for Siegfried and Roy. he then asked us for money for the phone and said he would put the tickets in our name. When we asked why he would do this, he said it was because he got the tickets free and that seeing as though it was his last day, it would be a shame to not use them.
    After the phone call, he then asked for some money for the airport to get a taxi, I said no not until I had seen the tickets, he then went berserk saying we were ungrateful.
    I then rang the mirage Box office from our hotel and they said it wasn't true.
    We then saw him a couple of days after, my husband took this photo hoping to shame into not doing it again.

• mafootje's Profile Photo

When you arive at Las Vegas...

by mafootje Written Aug 25, 2002

When you arive at Las Vegas Airport please watch your valuables, you could be broke before you can go to a casino if you don't.

Instant Answers: Las Vegas