Mesquite Travel Guide

Casablanca Casino

Mesquite Things to Do

• ArizonaExpert's Profile Photo

by ArizonaExpert Updated Apr 4, 2011

I have been playing golf all my life, and playing golf in and around Las Vegas just as long. I just took my group of friends and family to Wolfe Creek for the first time. From the minute you drive up...and I mean UP...you get the feeling this is going to be an experience.

The staff is very attentive, but the draw here is the course. Carved in the mountains with elevation on almost every shot, this is a course that can drive you crazy, but you love every minute. Tough for high handicappers, but playable, this is worth the one hour drive from Vegas.

If you are planning a golf trip, you have to include Wolfe Creek! All of my group wants to return next year for our annual event. Pictures forthcoming!

The only downfall is the pace of play. It took 5+ hours, and at times it dragged a bit.

• Casino and Gambling
    • Golf

Mesquite Hotels

Mesquite Restaurants

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

by PinkFloydActuary Written Dec 18, 2010

As I knew I was going to stop in town for lunch, I did some research on where the best places to eat were. Sadly, there weren't a lot of choices, so I didn't write anything down. Which means I ended up in one of the restaurants that wasn't on my short list by accident. The Chuckwagon cafe in the Virgin River casino is their version of the coffee shop. There were pros and cons to what I experienced. On the positive side, the menu was affordable. I went with a California wrap that boasted turkey, guacamole, tomatoes, etc. It was pretty decent. There weren't a lot of other people there, so service was nice and friendly. On the other hand, the booth I was in was in serious need of a new cushion - it was extremely uncomfortable. The rest of the restaurant was in various states of disrepair too. While I didn't notice anything gross, I just felt it wasn't the cleanest place I've ever been in. So, I got my wrap and moved on. I would likely try a different place if I found myself in town again.

Wrap+ Potato Salad Restaurant Entrance

Mesquite Warnings and Dangers

• RJ1967's Profile Photo

by RJ1967 Written Oct 4, 2002

Keep in mind that Mesquite is in the Mohave desert. Between April and mid-October the temperatures will be above 100F (38C). During July and August daytime Temps can climb to 115F (46C) and nightime temps will still be near 95-100F (35-38C).

Instant Answers: Mesquite

Comments

Mesquite Travel Guide
Map of Mesquite