Overton Off The Beaten Path

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Las Vegas!

by lmkluque Updated Mar 19, 2012

I'm at the buffet

What do I need to say about this city? Almost everyone has been there or has at least heard of it. I just think that Las Vegas makes a wonderfully exciting day trip from your camping base. There are many things to see and do. In my opinion the most alluring aspect of making day trips to Vegas is the Air Conditioned Casinos and especially the "All-You-Can-Eat" buffets! Maybe I'd even spring for a hotel for the night just to get a real shower.

• Architecture
    • Casino and Gambling

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Valley of Fire!

by lmkluque Updated Mar 19, 2012

We drove through the Valley of Fire on our way to the Lost City of Overton. We only stopped at the general store at the Maop Paiute Reservation and then just followed the road. At one point we stopped in a small dirt parking lot to eat our lunch at a picnic table and they hiked into the hills to find the Petroglyphs. The ancient petroglyphs are not on the side of the road. They are located about a quarter of a mile from this entrance way.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Camping
    • Archeology

Instant Answers: Overton

Comments

Overton Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Overton off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Overton sightseeing.