Pyramid Sports & Outdoors

Most Recent Sports & Outdoors in Pyramid

Boating at Pyramid Lake, Nevada

by mcpangie Updated Apr 4, 2011

Tubing Around Pyramid Lake

We spent a good part of the trip to Pyramid Lake participating in water sports. We have a tube that we can haul around with my dad's boat.

In this picture I'm in the boat. My sister-in-law Jennifer took the picture while riding on the tube. Austin Power's Goldmember was in theatres, so Jennifer started making the Mini-Me pinky by the lips sign and confused my dad. "Is she done?" he asked, being completely unaware of what a comic genious Mike Myers is.

But, you need a sign to make the boat driver stop. Getting on the tube was a test for me the first time I tried, which is why I know the water isn't that tasty at Pyramid Lake.

Equipment: Bring a boat, a tube, or skis, fishing tackle, sun block, etc... if you don't bring these things you can buy them on the Reservation.

by mcpangie Written Jan 30, 2004

Getting whipped around while being towed at high speeds across the boat's wake is a little easier for the average person than water-skis or wake boards.

Equipment: Here is a closer picture of what one of thse tubes with a cloth-covering to hold on to like anything looks like.

• Beaches

by mcpangie Written Jan 3, 2004

Jennifer (top) and I

After we managed to mount the beast, we had a blast getting hauled around the lake, skipping over the waves, flinging wildly during tight turns. Must get going around 60 miles per hour on the turns as you fling madly across the boat's wake.

• Desert

Getting On the Tube

by mcpangie Written Jan 3, 2004
    Jennifer Having Fun

Equipment: Here would be what the tube looks like. The reason I know that the lake is salty-sweet and really gross to drink is because getting on this inner tube device was a test. We spent the first part of our boating trip going around learning how to get on the contraption.

• Desert

Instant Answers: Pyramid

Comments

Pyramid Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Pyramid sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pyramid sightseeing.