Reno Restaurants

Fish and Chips - Spitfire Bar and Grille
    Steak& Ale Pie - Spitfire Bar and Grille

Most Recent Restaurants in Reno

• bpwarne's Profile Photo

Le Crepe Cafe: Great Crepe!

by bpwarne Written Dec 15, 2013

Crepes were very good and prices were reasonable. Restaurant is very clean, new looking. Cappuccino was very good as well as Chai latte. Side salad should be avoided at all costs, really nothing more than a chunk of iceberg lettuce w/small amount of cabbage shavings in it. Staff was polite and amiable. I would return if in the area.

Favorite Dish: Try the Mediterranean Crepe or the Vegetarian.

• bpwarne's Profile Photo

Spitfire Bar and Grill: Great English Pub Food in Reno!!

by bpwarne Updated Feb 24, 2013
    Steak& Ale Pie - Spitfire Bar and Grille

This has to be our new favorite restaurant in Reno. Ambiance is great with an aviation theme, a bit noisy on a Friday evening with a large crowd but that only adds to the enjoyment.. Staff is very, very friendly and cheerful, and makes a point of welcoming you to their establishment. Service is excellent, Chef is from Wimbledon. Portions are large, delicious and presented well. We enjoyed our first dinner here so much we returned the very next afternoon for lunch. My only disappointment was that on both visits I could not make room for any of the authentic English desserts! I guess there's only one way to remedy that...

Favorite Dish: Steak & Ale Pie - comes with mashed potatoes, a few garden veggies and a Huge side salad, all for $12. Add a Lancaster beer and you might think you're in downtown London.

Fish & Chips - absolutely huge portion, comes with Mushy Peas and Slaw.

Portobello Burger - Huge, huge, huge! With a side salad or Chips.

• Business Travel

• bpwarne's Profile Photo

Aroma Club: Possibly the best Cappuccino in Reno?

by bpwarne Updated Jan 21, 2013
    Aroma Club Cappuccino

I sure most will agree with me that Reno has never been a city to be considered on the cutting edge of the Espresso culture. Still, I have always found it a bit odd that I have never been able to find a Cappuccino that was anything even more than mediocre - until Aroma Club. Aroma Club has classic Italian (1/3, 1/3, 1/3) caps at very reasonable prices and the best part...they are great tasting. This place is definitely worth the visit for the Caps alone. However, this little shop has a further uniqueness (for this area) and that is the Russian and Russian inspired dishes on the menu. Soups, Vegetarian Borsht, dumplings, etc. If that isn't enough, the owner is a Vegetarian, making this a great place for a cap, breakfast, or lunch.A I know I will definitely be back on my next visit to Reno..

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

Archies Famous Grill: Best burgers and pancakes in town

by TheTravelSlut Updated Apr 4, 2011

The restaurant is currently closed for expansion which will include a upper deck, balcony and lounge and is slated for re-opening in Fall 2006.

This has always been a favorite of students and fans attending games and for families near Rancho San Rafael Park.

The employees have been there many years and treat customers like family (a good thing).

A wide variety of food and beverages and a soda fountain atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: Jamaican Jerk Chicken sandwich. One of the few places in Reno where you can order this "specialty-spiced" meat.

Great, thick milkshakes.

Huge, fluffy pancakes.

• Study Abroad

The Lodge Buffet (Grand Sierra Resort): The Lodge Buffet

by PinkFloydActuary Written May 8, 2010

The Lodge Buffet (GSR)

My final meal on the trip was to be one last buffet - many of the buffets in the area have a seafood theme on Friday nights, which is right up my alley. So, I sauntered over here around 7:30, to find out that it was a 90 minute wait. With nothing better to do, I took the buzzer and went to play Video Poker for a while (thankfully, I didn't have to entertain the kids on this trip - others waiting weren't so lucky.) I don't know if this is standard or not, but I was surprised by the long wait. Once I finally got buzzed, I took my seat, then headed around the buffet. Sadly, the Lodge is not a top-tier buffet. The food wasn't bad, but the choices are very limited. From a seafood standpoint, really the only items I saw were peel and eat shrimp and cold crab legs. You can take the crab legs over to someone who will quickly steam them up to warm them up. There was a pizza station and a small salad bar as well - the rest was pretty forgettable. The dessert bar was also lacking - they had a few cookie/brownie items, and a lot of cheesecake and soft serve ice cream.

Now, what I had was quite good, but the selection just wasn't there for me to give a high recommendation. I definitely got enough seafood, but I tend to like more variety than what the Lodge has to offer.

The waitresses were pleasant, although with it being so busy, plates weren't always cleared when I was out for more food. The atmosphere was nice as well.

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Great Basin Brewery: Good beer and beer food!

by PinkFloydActuary Written May 8, 2010

Fish & chips

The Great Basin Brewery is one of a handful of microbrewerys in town. I went on a Thursday night, and was seated quickly, although the restaurant was mostly packed. The greeter was also my waiter, and he was friendly and attentive, making sure I had what I needed, getting the bill and my credit card back to me quickly. This is a fun atmosphere, so expect a little bit of noise. The menu consists of what you probably expect - sandwiches, burgers, salads, and other pub foods. Of course, they have about 6-8 microbrews to choose from as well. I went with a pint of Nevada Gold, a cup of the Clam Chowder, and an order of the beer battered fish and garlic fries. This came with a small cucumber salad on the side. The fish was good, and the fries were interesting - they only have a subtle garlic taste while eating them, but a stronger aftertaste. Portions were generous - I was unable to finish the fries. I was very pleased with my choice for this meal!

Toucan Charlies (Atlantis): Another Great Buffet

by PinkFloydActuary Updated May 8, 2010

Toucan Charlie's Buffet

Just down the street from the Peppermill is another giant casino, the Atlantis. Toucan Charlies Buffet is often cited as one of the best buffets in town. Having just arrived from my flight, I knew I could fill up on a good buffet. This one does not disappoint. The first stop you need to make is over at the slot club, which can get you a few bucks off depending on what level of card you have. From there, it's a feast. The buffet has a number of the standby stations - Italian, Chinese, Mexican, a carvery, and of course, peeled shrimp. Just sampling a little of everything took me two trips through the buffet line, because there was a lot to try. I found some of the vegetable dishes (including brussels sprouts with bacon) to be fantastic. They also have a "gourmet" salad station where they will make a salad to order. Finally, there were a number of great cakes and ice cream to polish things off. The dirty dishes are cleared quickly and the drinks are filled routinely. This is indeed one of the best buffets, not only in Reno, but in my experience period!

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

$8.95 Prime Rib at Cal-Neva

by Ewingjr98 Updated Jun 21, 2009

The Cal-Neva Casino is known for its low-priced food. They have five restaurants all with great specials such as the $8.95 prime rib at the Copper Ledge and Top Deck Restaurants.

We were hungry, saw the sign, and decided to give it a shot. We quickly found the restaurant and were seated. The decor, booths, and even the waitresses gave the restaurant the feel of a big diner or truck stop somewhere along the interstate.

Our prime rib with potato arrived quickly and was better than I expected. The meat was a pretty thin and relatively small cut, and the fries were in a large mound on the side. The meat was tender and well-flavored, seemingly the only good thing about this restaurant.

• iammon's Profile Photo

Silverpeak Brewery: Best Microbrewery in town

by iammon Written Apr 12, 2009

This is a very nice brew pub/restaurant. The atmosphere is great so is the beer and food. They have a rooftop dining area with great views!
    They are open 7 days a week from 11 A.M to midnight.

Favorite Dish: How does Pepper crushed Ahi and Rosemary Flat-bread sound? They have good meat dishes, salads and Pizzas.
    They have 20 different styles of beer (from ales, Ipa's to lager)

Java Jungle: Java Jungle - Great location, so-so espresso

by bpwarne Written Feb 9, 2009

While I like the location and atmosphere of this coffee cafe, the milk based espresso drinks are just a step above mediocre. Weak drinks. Free internet and free wireless connections. The usual fare of sandwiches/treats. Its proximity to the river and the multiplex theater ensures it is always busy.

The Green Papaya: Traditional Thai Cuisine in Reno

by bpwarne Updated Feb 8, 2009

Fantastic authentic Thai restaurant with great presentation, good service and very little atmosphere, located in a strip mall. Great vegetarian selection. No MSG. Possibly the very best Thai in Reno.

Favorite Dish: Gren Papaya Salad, Yellow Curry, Basil Eggplant, Thai Iced Tea

Sedona: Just a Casino Coffee Shop

by SteveOSF Written May 31, 2008

Sedona is a 24 hour coffee shop located in the Silver Legacy Hotel and Casino. Their breakfast selections are somewhat limited. You may need to order items ala carte that are typically found in breakfast combinations of many coffee shops. The breakfast itself was acceptable, but was far from impressive. When we visited, the waitress tried her best but was overworked. We never did get our second cup of coffee. The food is a little overpriced.

Tivoli Gardens: Great Coffee Shop and Bakery

Tivoli Gardens Bakery

Tivoli Gardens is the twenty-four hour coffee shop at the El Dorado Hotel and Casino. The food is fairly good. Tivoli Gardens makes a good choice for a casual meal, especially late in the evening when choices are more limited. Their breakfasts are pretty good and they even offer light breakfasts for those wishing to repent after eating at a buffet the previous day. The vegetable omelet with cheese sauce served with toast is very palatable.

Attached to Tivoli Gardens, and located right at the front of the restaurant, is a full bakery. Home made cakes, pies, donuts, cookies, cupcakes, pasties, and other goodies temp guests from behind their glass enclosure. This makes for some nice dessert options for the coffee shop.

However, you can also get deserts to go. They will cut you off a nice slice of cake or you can buy the whole cake if you wish. Their entire ensemble of desserts is available to go. This makes a sweet late night decadent feast in the comfort of your hotel room very possible. The desserts are very good at Tivoli Gardens.

Roxy: Disappointing

Roxy

We had dinner one night at Roxy, at the Eldorado and we were not impressed. The restaurant is located on the second floor bridge where the Eldorado meets the Silver Legacy. We were seated at the "outside" patio, which is actually inside the casino complex, but outside of the main dining room where you can watch the tourists wander past. The decor of the eatery was fine. However, the fish and steak did not seem too fresh. In fact, the steak was not a very good cut when it was, some time earlier, fresh. It was also not cooked very well. It was way overcooked on the outside and way undercooked on the inside. The potatoes were good though and the vegetables were OK. The bread was also good. The service was fine. Apparently the couple next to us had issues with their meal as I overheard the waiter offer them a complementary dessert, which they declined.

Sterling's: For a Nice, Elegant Meal

Sterling's

Sterling's is the upscale seafood and steak house at the Silver Legacy Hotel and Casino. We enjoyed a nice dinner within Sterling's pleasing atmosphere. The meal starts with two types of bread, dark and light. Both were quite good. The dinners we ordered were tiger prawns that were quite massive, as well as a nice cut of a filet mignon that was cooked to perfection. The garlic mashed potatoes and vegetables served with the main course were good. The meal came with dinner salads and the dressings were quite nice. They finished the meal off with a complimentary chocolate covered strawberries. The service was excellent.

Instant Answers: Reno

Comments

Reno Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Reno restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Reno sightseeing.