Sparks Travel Guide

by bamfz06
    YOU ARE IN SPARKS, NEVADA
    by travelgourmet
  • Karen beside the Calafornia Zephyr in Sparks, NV
    Karen beside the Calafornia Zephyr in...
    by Stephen-KarenConn

Sparks Things to Do

• michaeljjdance's Profile Photo

by michaeljjdance Written Aug 17, 2007

The most funniest thing happened to me ok
    its Ironic
    So my cuzzin and I went to the Casino and im the oldest one mind you that im only 18 but whatever and she is 17 so i win the money they ask me for id and i give them my grandfathers id and they say ur the youngest 61 year ive ever seen and gave it back to me. then they looked at it again and gave it back . Then this old *** came by and asked for it and by that time i gave it back to my grandfather in the other part of the casino, so she ask for id and i say o i left it in the car and i go out and come back she says well and im like i cant find it, so they ask me to stand against the wall untill my cuzzin stopped gambling (untill she lost all her money)
    them my mom and cuzz and folks go over to the nugget and they wont let me go they say i look to you minding you i the oldest, so i go any way i caught the bus, my cuzin gets thrown out the casino cause he didnt look 40 fummy then we just went to the arcade to spend hella money only to get a dinky ass prise dang
    what fun!

• Fishing
    • Spa and Resort

• ArizonaExpert's Profile Photo
    Fun in the sun!

by ArizonaExpert Written Jul 28, 2005

I am spoiled, coming from an area with 5 large water parks. Comparing them to this place wouldn't be fair.

However, I do have to say that Wild Island is a little small and was way too crowded for us. You caould hardly get any space in the wave pool, and it was way too small.

The two kid's areas were nice, and we had to find refuge under a tree because all the chairs were taken.

Place is a bit pricey for having to wait so long for (sometimes) a 4 second trip. Smaller lines for those without tubes.

As a sidebar....I really haven't seen that many people with tatoos since I brought prisoners to jail..both women and men!

It's the only thing in the area, so you have to take it as it is. Get their early, get discount coupons and find some shade!!!

• Theme Park Trips

Sparks Restaurants

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    SEAFOOD HEAVEN 2 more images

by travelgourmet Updated Mar 15, 2009

Located inside John Ascuaga's Nugget Casino Resort, this is a find for seafood. The nautical decor enhances the ambiance and even the taste of the rich soups and seafood offerings. The waitstaff may be a little on the cranky side but hey, they have been loyal employees of the Nugget for years and a familiar face makes up for being cranky. Maybe!

Favorite Dish: I am an oyster freak. Let's face it. Show my oysters on a menu and I will have to try them. Even a dozen shells later and I still crave them. John's Oyster Bar has several types of oysters to choose from and combined with a crab bisque served piping hot and I am in food heaven.

• Seniors
    • Casino and Gambling

Sparks Nightlife

• mcpangie's Profile Photo
    $250 Jackpot

by mcpangie Written Jan 30, 2004

I never did get to take a picture of when my friend's traveling down won over $1,000 three times on the Blazing Sevens slot at the Nugget, but I did take a picture of what 1,000 quarters looks like.

Dress Code: Depends on which restaurant you want to eat in when in the casino.

• Casino and Gambling

Instant Answers: Sparks

Comments

Sparks Travel Guide
Map of Sparks