Valley of Fire State Park Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Valley of Fire State Park

• Madasabull's Profile Photo

Driving or Bike Riding

by Madasabull Written Dec 19, 2013

Driving a car through the Valley of Fire State Park is great, as you will see by my video, and there were plenty of motorbike riders and bicycle riders enjoying it too. I don't know about walking through though, really hot, but plenty of shade with the tall rocks, but still too hot I think.

We found this place by chance as we were just passing the entrance on the main road out of Vegas, and the detour was worth it. There are no petrol stations near here, so fuel up before you go, and take plenty of water to drink.

• Motorcycle

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Car Country

by richiecdisc Updated Sep 2, 2009

open for the wide view

Valley of Fire State Park is only 55 miles from Las Vegas so you can certainly do it as a day trip but don't short change this great little park. It's not that you need a lot of time to explore but the best times to do it are early morning and evening. If you do a tour, you'll show up midday when the only heat you will experience is the temperature. You'll miss the true colors of this spectacle of fire. We arrived from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon which was a 5 hour 230 mile drive that took us from Arizona, up through southern Utah, and into Nevada. The east side of the park is a bit more remote as it is 20 miles further from Sin City. In fact, the entrance station was not even manned. The entrance fee is $5 per carload but that is rolled into the camping fee of $15 so one more good reason to camp.

• Photography

• rsilva's Profile Photo

Own/Rented car is the best option

by rsilva Written Feb 18, 2005

The long road

Since the park is quite isolated, the best option is to get an own/rented car. There might be tour buses, but I prefer to explore on my own.

This gives you the possibilty to move freely around the park. You really must as the heat and the size makes it almost impossible to cover it all on foot.

To get to the park, you must head north on the I-15 from Las Vegas, drive for about 55 miles until the Valley of Fire exit.

Some roads are not paved, so drive carefully../

• Adventure Travel

• kazander's Profile Photo

Drive out from Vegas

by kazander Updated Feb 23, 2004

our yellow jeep

We rented a car and drove out from Vegas. There are tours as well, but I would imagine exploring on your own would be a better time.
    If you drive please stay on the roads, cars do terrible damage to the park. Damage that takes years to be repaired.

I included a link to a website with tour info

• Desert

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Only an hour from the strip!!!

by shrimp56 Updated Jan 1, 2004

There are tours, but if you have a car that's the best way to visit because you can choose your own pace and see what you want to in the order you want to.
    To see how to get there by car please click on the map to enlarge it!

• Desert

• soccergrrl's Profile Photo

Middle of Nowhere

by soccergrrl Written Jul 2, 2003

Into the Distance, and Beyond

Once you've motored up the Interstate and made the turnoff (I found out where to turn from my guidebook) -- the road seems to go off into the desert blissfully unimpeded by signage. I headed out this way alone, in a strange rental car, with no cell phone, on a weekday morning in May. There was no one anywhere. I wondered "Am I going the right way?" I wondered "What will I do if the car breaks down?" I wondered "Where the hell does this road end up?" So I kept driving; the road is well-maintained and eventually you *will* reach the entrance to Valley of Fire.

Instant Answers: Valley of Fire State Park

Comments

Valley of Fire State Park Transportation

Reviews and photos of Valley of Fire State Park transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Valley of Fire State Park sightseeing.

View all Valley of Fire State Park hotels