Londonderry Travel Guide

My family eating lunch at Avandi's.
    by misstina87

Londonderry Restaurants

• tayloretc's Profile Photo

Janie’s Uncommon Café: Fantastic Breakfast

by tayloretc Written Aug 29, 2013

Yum. I love a good diner-style breakfast.

Janie’s is worth finding. It’s not obvious – it’s in a strip mall, and the sign isn’t noticeable – unless you’re looking for crowds of people in an otherwise non-descript place.

They do an outstanding breakfast menu, and the early lunch menu looked delicious. I was there on a Sunday morning. When I arrived, around 9am, there was a line waiting. When I left, after10am, there was a completely new line waiting. There were families with little kids, bikers, elderly post-church groups, just everyone. Since I was alone (and hungry and didn’t want to wait), I sat at the 5-seat counter, between a local curmudgeon and an eternal optimist (probably also local), both of whom the wait staff knew well enough to have personal questions for. We had a spirited conversation about the pros and cons of grad school. Wait staff was wonderful – friendly, cheerful, and attentive – and there was a lot of it.

I had a relatively small breakfast (#4 on the menu: 1 pancake, 1 egg, home fries; an extra sausage side; plus cranberry juice and black tea). The pancake was perfect, the egg was exactly the right mix of cooked and runny for sunny-side up, the potatoes didn’t need any additional seasoning, and there was more sausage than I expected. They don’t really know how to do hot tea, but everywhere around me coffee drinkers seemed happy.

I wanted to finish my little breakfast, but it was too much. From my vantage at the counter I watched plates go out with twice or more what I had on mine. The portions are huge for the prices, and the prices are reasonable. So if you’re up in this area, go have breakfast here.

• Avandi's: Great food, super cheap, and super...

by misstina87 Written Aug 21, 2008

A few months ago I took a trip to New Hampshire to visit a cousin. We stopped to eat at Avandi's twice during our trip. The first time we ate at this restaurant was for breakfast. The restaurant is rather small and homey. Both times I ate here, there weren't a lot of other people eating. Avandi's plays country music which was a wonderful treat for a friend I was traveling with who is very southern.

We had the same waitress both times and she was very friendly. She always made sure we were doing OK and was even chatting with a toddler we had in our group. We never ran out of our drinks as the waitress was always there with refills.

I'm not a huge fan of breakfast but I have to say that the french toast I had was the best I've ever had in any restaurant I've been to. I also had the chicken tender sub for lunch and it tasted like something you would get fresh from a deli. Delicious!!

Overall, the prices are great, the staff is friendly (the cooks and other waitresses always said goodbye to us when we left), and the food tastes great. If you're in the area, I definitely recommend Avandi's.

Favorite Dish: I had the french toast for breakfast and chicken tender sub for lunch. Good sized portions and incredible taste!!

My family eating lunch at Avandi's.

• Londonderry Hotels

2 Hotels in Londonderry

Instant Answers: Londonderry

Comments

Londonderry Travel Guide
Map of Londonderry