Ossipee Travel Guide

by fdrich29

Ossipee Restaurants

• fdrich29's Profile Photo

by fdrich29 Updated Aug 5, 2007

For the better part of my childhood Summers my family camped at the Shawtown Campground in Ossippe, New Hampshire. At some point during that time the Yankee Smokehouse, or "The Pig Place" as we called it, opened and we quickly became regulars. At one time there were Go-Karts and a gondola ride across the street from the restaurant, but they have long since vanished. The Smokehouse offers outdoor seating, a central dining room as well as seating on a back deck that I believe had been added on. Yankee Smokehouse offers two types of ribs, the Smokehouse Ribs, large pork ribs shipped from the Mid West and the Baby Back Ribs. The two-piece corn on the cob sides are worth the trip on their own. A must see for lovers of all things BBQ, Yankee Smokehouse is only 30 miles from North Conway and Laconia (and a leasurly 2.5 hours from Boston).

Favorite Dish: I'm fairly certain this was the first place I ever had BBQ, and it was love at first bite. Since I don't get up there that often I tend to indulge with the Combo Rib Dinner and a side of corn on the cob. It doesn't get much better than that.

Instant Answers: Ossipee

Comments

Ossipee Travel Guide
Map of Ossipee