Portsmouth Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Portsmouth

• Rixie's Profile Photo

Market Square

by Rixie Written Oct 21, 2007

The center of Portsmouth, Market Square, is full of little shops. I had fun browsing through them and found some great gifts to take home: hand-dipped candles, whimsical luggage tags, a T-shirt with the Portsmouth latitude and longitude printed on it, saltwater taffy, and maple sugar candy.

The T-shirt in this photo made me laugh. The Boston Red Sox/ New York Yankees baseball rivalry is alive and well!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

PORTSMOUTH CANDLE COMPANY: ECLECTIC MIX OF CANDLES & LIGHTING

by LoriPori Written Oct 2, 2007

Portsmouth Candle Company

Locally owned and operated since 1991 PORTSMOUTH CANDLE COMPANY offers an eclectic mix of Candles, Chandeliers, Electric Lighting, Hand Blown Glass and Uniqe Gifts. Much of the merchandise is handcrafted by local artisans.
    Their candles collection includes soy, paraffin and beeswax candles in a variety of shapes, sizes and scents. Since I love candles, this was an awesome store to browse around in.

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo

Tree House Toys: Toys Galore

by thecatsmeow Written Sep 30, 2007

This is one truely awesome toy store. It was on our map of downtown Portsmouth so being a big kid myself it was a must visit. When you enter the small store it takes you by suprise just how much is inside. I was interested in the large stuffed marionette puppets hanging from the ceiling. At only $25 apiece they were a bargain. The store also had tons of stuffed animal puppets. Everything I looked at was priced very reasonable. I may have to return just to get some of those puppets. :)

What to pay: I guess it depends on how much you want to spend. :) Anywhere from about $2.50 up.

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo

Attrezzi: Gifts, Gourmet Foods, Wine ....and much more

by thecatsmeow Updated Sep 30, 2007
    Outside Attrezzi

When first entering the shop you see pottery, jewelry,and various other items for sale. Some very nice stemware attracted me first. Then I had a look at the fun jewelry they sell and noticed there was also an upstairs. Heading up the stairway you notice baskets of towels, cookbooks, sachets, etc. Upstairs you will find tons of kitchen goodies from utinsels to dinnerware. Many types of teas and coffees are also available. They had samples of diffrent pesto sauces and I of course had to buy some Sundried Tomatoe and Garlic pesto and dip mix. I was also impressed with the amount of salts they stocked and they have several peppers too. This is a very nice shop and the sales people were extremely helpful. I will definately return if I am in Portsmouth. Meanwhile I am already ordering online. Another nice thing about this shop is that they offer wine tasting on certain days. You can get more information on thier website.

What to pay: You can spend as little as $5 or well over $500.

• Wine Tasting

• souloyster's Profile Photo

Serendipity Womens Eclectic & Bohemian Clothing, Y: Serendipity Womens Eclectic & Bohemian Clothing, Y

by souloyster Written May 24, 2007

Serendipity is a place where girlfriends gather. Where girls of all ages have fun shopping because we know exactly the fashion styles you love. You can count on Serendipity for women’s clothing in unusual, trendy bohemian fashions, fun and functional basics, accessories, jewelry and gifts from around the world.

Serendipity offers comfortable, beautiful women’s clothing and apparel, jewelry and accessories in an eclectic mix of fashion styles that will reflect how you feel each day, whether boho bohemian, pretty, hip or hippy, trendy, funky, relaxed for yoga, ready for work, or in the mood for love! You’ll find favorite labels on our women’s clothes like Free People, Petit Pois, Green Dragon, Nallie & Millie, Hanky Panky and more.

Visit our whimsical, feminine boutique in person at our store in beautiful downtown Portsmouth New Hampshire or online at http://www.serendipitynh.com. Let’s see what we can find for you!”

What to buy: Women's clothing, yoga pants, yoga clothes

• Women's Travel

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Gulliver's Books

by Krumlovgirl Written Oct 19, 2005

Gulliver?s Books reminds me of the bookstore in ?Notting Hill.? It was my first visit to an all travel bookstore. I liked it. I could have looked around forever. Aside from the various books, maps, and travel videos, they also sold traveling trinkets like bags, voltage converters, and earplugs. They had a fairly good selection of travel guidebooks for Europe, although not so much for the Balkans. Guess I?m going to have to give up on that for at least a couple of more years. They had a fantastic local section and a New England section so I was able to read up on where I was. The woman who owns and operates it was very friendly and we had a nice chat about traveling before I left. She really likes what she does.

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Ganesh Imports

by Krumlovgirl Written Oct 19, 2005

This shop had a couple of interesting things going for it. It had lots of neat things from India, Vietnam, Thailand, and various other stations from abroad, and it had a cool eclectic vibe to it. I bought some incense, a new refill for my henna kit, and a purse. They also sell clothing, jewelry, and handcrafts. It was priced very reasonably.

• shohman's Profile Photo

River Run Book Store: independent book store

by shohman Written Sep 23, 2007

I love the reflection here

I love a mom and pop store, especially book stores staffed by people who actually want to help. This is a great store in the middle of downtown.

What to buy: books

What to pay: varies

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

various: Market Square

by goingsolo Written Jul 14, 2003

Portsmouth

Market Square is the main center of town. There are numerous craft, gift and clothing shops in this area.

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel

Instant Answers: Portsmouth

Comments

Portsmouth Shopping

Reviews and photos of Portsmouth shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Portsmouth sightseeing.