Tilton Travel Guide

Tilton Hotels

Tilton Restaurants

Oliver's Restaurant

by RhondaRuth Updated Apr 4, 2011

They have home cooked meals, but my home cooking is a step up from theirs. They are also VERY, very expensive. The menu on their website, I believe is outdated, because I remember the prices to be a little higher than that

So beware! I do not give this place a good rating. If you still want to give 'em a try....

Favorite Dish: What I had was meatloaf, potatoes, veggies and gravy. Wanted to try their "home cooked special." They put the gravy only on the meat (rather than bringing a gravy boat so you could put your own on) and the meat was very DRY. Even that needed lot's more gravy.

Sorry, but we won't go back again ... Bill didn't like his meal either and we were both unhappy with the "house merlot" ... cheap wine that tasted cheap also! Well maybe it was the Chef at that time, but it was a SATURDAY night and they should of had their best Chef on ... so once again, (and I don't say this often) we won't be going back.

These were Boston prices but not at Boston's Fine Dinning style.

Tilt'n Diner

by RhondaRuth Updated Jan 2, 2003

We've been here a few times for breakfast. It's a popular place and why not? They have the best breakfast in town! The gleaming part of the Pink building is a real stainless steel Diner!

Favorite Dish: Breakfast buffet or order from the menu.
    I think thay have the best breakfast menu and food in the State!

Open rain or shine, 7 days a week, at 6:00 am ... and breakfast is served all day long!

Enjoy summer "Cruiser Nights" at The Tilt'n Diner where you can check out some mighty cool cars from the 50's and 60's.

• Tilton Hotels

7 Hotels in Tilton

162 Reviews and Opinions

Tilton Shopping

Lakes Region Factory Stores

by RhondaRuth Updated Jun 27, 2003

A strip mall of Factory Discount Store Outlets.
    The center is 1/4 mile on the left,

We found lots of stores in here with really great prices. And NO SALES TAX!! I think I could go shopping here every time we stop, LOL. I'll be baaacckkk!

What to buy: Just about everything!

Tilton Off The Beaten Path

Winnipesaukee River flows under Route 93

by RhondaRuth Updated Jun 27, 2003

We like to walk and take in the area sights or nature's views. That's how we found out that the Winnipesaukee River flows thru town and there are little senic spots tucked away to be found.

Tilton Sports & Outdoors

The Winnipesaukee River

by RhondaRuth Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Merrimack River Watershed, New England's fourth largest watershed, begins at the Old Man of the Mountain in Franconia Notch, NH and ends where it meets the Atlantic Ocean in Newburyport, MA. Traveling nearly 180 miles in total, the watershed covers more than 5,000 square miles and includes 203 communities.

See the Website below for Kayak & Canoe Teams and their schedules.

What's a Watershed??

A watershed is the land area from which surface runoff and groundwater flows into a particular river, lake, stream, pond, or other body of water.

Equipment: What You Should Bring

* Canoe or kayak and paddles (See Website for rentals)
    * Sunscreen and a hat
    * Dry bag for wallet, etc.
    * Adequate liquid to drink and a lunch
    * Sneakers that can get wet
    * Appropriate dry clothes and a towel in a plastic bag
    * Personal Floatation Devices PFDs (life preservers) are required: Strongly recommend that you and your children wear your life preserver at all times while paddling.

New Hampshire law requires one wearable PFD must present for each person in the boat and that PFD must be worn by everyone age 5 or under.

Massachusetts law requires that life preservers be worn by each person under age 13, and by all persons in a canoe or kayak between September 15 and May 15.

Tilton Favorites

by RhondaRuth Updated Jan 2, 2003

Favorite thing: You wouldn't know it at first but this town has a lot to offer. Lot's of shopping and dinning as well. Yet on the otherside of the 93 highway is the older section of Tilton that has the old New England charm you might be looking for.

They also have a Chunky's Cinema Pub here. I haven't been yet, but it sounds like fun.

Fondest memory: Eating at the Tilt'n Diner with a group of friends after working all day as a volunteer at the American Lung Association's Old Man of the Mountain Bike Tour. We stayed at the Super 8 Motel and also had breakfast at the Tilt'n Diner. That was my first discovery of the best place to go for a great breakfast!

Instant Answers: Tilton

Comments

Tilton Travel Guide
Map of Tilton