Wolfeboro Restaurants

• Walk in the front door for a warm welcome
    Walk in the front door for a warm...
    by debobearle
  • Cozy main dining room boasting two fireplaces
    Cozy main dining room boasting two...
    by debobearle
    Middle dining room overlooking back yard

Most Recent Restaurants in Wolfeboro

• The Cider Press Restaurant & Tavern: 30 years and counting in our little 'boro

by debobearle Updated Mar 20, 2012
    Walk in the front door for a warm welcome

The Earle's boast over 25 years at the Cider Press location serving great food to great friends. The cozy dining rooms and tavern, with fireplaces burning in the Spring & Autumn.
    The Cider Press offers fresh seafood, grilled chops, chicken and steaks, bbq ribs and nightly blackboard specials. The Cider Press prides itself on a well trained well & seasoned staff. The Cider Press caters on & off premise.
    Open at 5 PM Tuesday through Sunday Closed Mondays
    Call for reservations.
    Wine & food pairings a popular event through-out the year.
    Gift Certificates available.
    Catering Available

Favorite Dish: By far the best baby back ribs north of Florida. Rank up there with Tony Romas.

• Business Travel

• Aphrous's Profile Photo

Morrisey's Front Porch: delicious homemade diner!

by Aphrous Updated Mar 5, 2006

Very nice family dining, offering wide variety of homemade dishes as well as some fast food, seafood and delicious desserts. Serving lunch and dinner. Open daily - summers only.
    They also have rich ice-cream bar - over 30 kinds.

• Camping
    • Seniors

Dockside Grille & Dairy Bar

by Krumlovgirl Written Oct 19, 2005

There are two things that this place really has going for it. One is the location. It sets right on the lake and if you sit outside you can even overlook the lake. That's what I did. The other thing is the ice cream. I went in intending to order a grilled cheese or French fries or something at least a little bit substantial, but I couldn't get past the ice cream. You could spend a great afternoon sitting under the awning, watching the lake, and hanging out. The menu isn't inspiring, but it does have a variety.

Dockside Grille & Dairy Bar

by Krumlovgirl Updated Oct 19, 2005

Dockside Grill & Dairy Bar

Strawberry Patch

by Krumlovgirl Written Oct 19, 2005

I only ate at this restaurant once, but my meal was pretty good. I think my waffle was frozen and dethawed instead of made on the spot, but I was hungry and didn't care. The sausage and eggs were very good. A word of warning about the Pepsi/Coke if you get any-it's not real. It's the offbrand that is cheaper. Like the kind you would buy in Wal-Mart. The owner told me that it's too expensive for her to get a Coke dispenser in the place. The decor is kind of unusual for the area. It's very grandmotherly country. Lots of doilies and lace and knickknacks and such. Reminded me of Kentucky. The service was very good and the people friendly. I would eat there again.

Wolfe's Tavern

by Krumlovgirl Written May 9, 2005

fish n chips

Since "Tavern" wasn't an option I chose "Pub" because it reminded me of some of the better pubs in Ireland. (Of a great one in Dingle to be specific.) The Tavern is part of the Wolfeboro Inn, a hotel on the lake. It has a formal dining room, but I wasn't in the mood for anything that fancy. From the outside, the Tavern looked ritzy enough within itself. White paint, black trim, white Christmas lights twinkling up and down the stairs...but inside it's all PUB. Hard brown tables and chairs, a happening bar, minimal furnishing, and 1800 (to be exact) beer mugs dangling from the ceiling. But don't let the decor fool you. The food was top notch!

Favorite Dish: Here's what I had: Fish and chips.

Let's start with the French fries. Yummy. Thick and juicy and not too greasy. Perfect. Reminded me of fries in Ireland. I could have eaten a whole platter of them alone.

The fish itself was haddock and insetad of being one long piece it was several pieces. The batter was light and the fish fell apart in my mouth.

The dishw as served with a side of baby carrots, which I almost passed on, but they were just as good as the rest of the meal.

For dessert I had a bowl of sherbet. They also had assorted cheesecakes, strawberry shortcake, several different kinds of baked puddings, and sundaes.

The menu is extensive for a Pub and they serve everything from fettucini to burgers. A woman near me had the lobster bisque and raved.

West Lake Asia Cuisine

by Krumlovgirl Written May 8, 2005

I had a very delightful meal at this restaurant. It was reccommended to me and in the description I was told that the food was "light, non-greasy, and more traditional than American-Chinese food." I would have to agree on all points. All though I was a female dining alone, the staff were extremely courteous and helpful and seemed to actually care about my dining experience. The restaurant itself was clean, tastefully decorated, and more upscale than most Asian restaurants I have encountered lately.

Favorite Dish: Here's what I had...

To begin with, before my order was taken the waitress brought me a warm teapot full of green tea and a little tea cup. This was heavenly. I was also brought a basket of crisps and some sweet and sour sauce to dip them in.

I ordered the Lemon Chicken. It said it came with a "sweet and tangy homemade sauce and fresh seaonal fruit." I thought that meant it would come with some pineapples and perhaps some mangos, but I was wrong. Mixed within the sauce were bits of green apples, red apples, kiwis, strawberries, and mangos. It was heavenly. It doesn't seem like those items should mix well, but they did. The chicken itself was light and airy and the sauce not TOO sweet, which can sometimes happen. The portion, at $11.95, was just the right size. I ended up leaving a few pieces of chicken because I was just too full.

The dish I ordered also comes in another version in which it contains shrimp.

West Lake or Seabird: Your choice of 2 places for Chinese food

by kooka3 Written Feb 7, 2005

Everyone in town has an opnion about which of these 2 Chinese restaurants are better. Frankly, I think they're pretty comparable in terms of price and quality, but I like the ambiance of West Lake better.

Both are on Route 28 heading west out of town. Seabird is closer to the center of town and is an easy walk; West Lake is about a mile out of town (still walkable, obviously!)

Favorite Dish: Hard to pick just one. I haven't had bad food at either place.

The Tavern: Try all the beers at The Tavern

by kooka3 Updated Jul 9, 2003

This definitely has a Tavern feel - many rooms, fireplaces, wooden beams on the ceiling. They have about 75 beers in stock. The food is pretty good. Service sometimes is a bit slow if it's really packed, but generally it's good.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Quesadillas. Even though these are under the appetizers, they're big enough to be a meal by themselves.

Garwoods: Sit out on the deck of Garwoods

View of Garwood's Deck

The restuarant has a wonderful atmosphere. The lower level is fairly formal, the upper bar area is laid-back, and the deck out back overlooks the water. The food is always good. They served everything from burgers (several types to choose from - plain, onions/mushrooms, blue cheese, etc) to specialty pastas, to fresh fish dishes. The serving staff is friendly and efficient.

Favorite Dish: The Millie B burger (swiss cheese and sauteed mushrooms and onions) or the Spinnaker Pasta (homemade creamy pesto sause with chicken and sundried tomatoes).

Lydias: Coffee and good food and Lydias

by kooka3 Updated Jul 9, 2003

This is a small, locally owned coffee shop that serves breakfast and lunch as well. It's open from 7 am to 4 pm. They have a big selection of coffee (usually organic and/or Fair Trade) and coffee drinks. They also do really unusual foods - nice wraps, breakfast burritos, etc as well as the more usual foods - bagels, muffins, grilled cheese, omelets, etc.

Favorite Dish: I love their Mocha au Lait. They make their own choclate paste to mix in. They put it into a Hershey's bottle for easy adding, but don't be fooled. I've watched them make stuff and put it into the bottle.

Their omelets with fresh tomatoes and chese are filling and delicious.

The turkey wraps are fantastic.

All the foods are fresh. Service can be slow because they are working in a really small space, but you can watch them make it fresh from scratch.

They have tables both inside and out, so you can sit and relax. It's a great place to sit with friends.

Instant Answers: Wolfeboro

Comments

Wolfeboro Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Wolfeboro restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Wolfeboro sightseeing.