Atlantic City Nightlife

My Margarita
    by cjg1
  • Liz and I enjoying Margaritaville (8/2/13)
    Liz and I enjoying Margaritaville...
  • Nightlife

Best Rated Nightlife in Atlantic City

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

The Pool: Beautiful "Pool" Club

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 23, 2009

Pool, cabanas and people enjoying themselves

I met my friends (who incidently were also in AC the same weekend Ferni and I were) for some girl time while Ferni played the tables. After enjoying a few Chocolate Martinis at the Martini Bar we decided to stop and check this place out.

It is quite a beautiful pool which after dark turns into a club. The Pool is a beautiful indoor swimming pool with cabanas, lockers, a sauna and of course a few bars. It's considered one of the hottest clubs in Atlantic City with a decent (okay, he was a pretty bad mixer) dj, fantastic bar surrounded by cabanas, couches and tables.

The atmosphere was quite nice, and although the crowd was quite young (early 20's-30's) we definitely had a good night dancing and having a few drinks.

There are lifeguards on duty and you can actually come in your bathing suit and take a dip in the pool or sauna.

I believe that the cover charge was $10 after 11:00 pm.

Dress Code: There didn't seem to be a particular dress code, although most people were dressed quite nice (unless they were in their bathing suits).

• penumbra's Profile Photo

Caesar’s Temple Bar: Meeting and Greeting

by penumbra Written Aug 27, 2005

Ancient Roman Brew House

All of the casinos have bars and lounges but not all bars are created equally. Of course different people look for different features in a lounge. Personally, I like a place that is quiet enough to hold a conversation but open enough that you can do some people watching. The Temple Bar on the second floor of Caesar’s fulfills these requirements admirably. Other favorites include Tango's near The Quarter in the Tropicana and Tuxedos Bar in Resorts.

• Wine Tasting

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Martini Bar: Indulge in a Chocolate Martini

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 29, 2009

Alice, Lisa and I enjoying our time

The Martini Bar is a great place to start, end or just hang during a visit to AC and we always make it for at least one delicious Chocolate Martini, our favorite.

During my last trip to AC we started our evening here where incidently on weekends they do usually have a live band, but didn't this night.

It's a really nice atmosphere with a huge, I mean huge selection or any type of martini you can think of.

Our favorite, the Chocolate Martini, so luscious, creamy and so decadent!!

Dress Code: The Chocolate Martini, but they have a large selection of martinis and other drinks to choose from.

• Luxury Travel
    • Spa and Resort

• sjcherno's Profile Photo

The Irish Pub: An AC Must

by sjcherno Written Jul 13, 2006

OK, I love this place.

In winter or summer, you're likely to find many people of all ages eating and drinking a pint or two (or ten). It has a good selection of beers on tap, though they do not have Harp and make their half and halfs with Guiness and Stella.

It is open 24 hours and when I was younger, there was a time or two when a late night stretched later and I was blinded by the sun upon my departure.

The best secret is the food. It is good and cheap. They have the best chicken fingers and french fries that I've ever had.

I have heard that business has slowed since the smoking ban, but it is a great place and always likely to find new friends there.

The bartenders aren't the friendliest, but they get their job done. They have to put up with a lot of drunks, many people go there to get wasted, so I'm willing to say I wouldn't have their patience either.

Also, there is a leprechaun wandering around some weekend nights (really). I don't know if he is an employee or not, but bring your camera, because after a couple, you'll want a picture.

Dress Code: Casual

• Singles
    • Beer Tasting

• OCNJBritt's Profile Photo

The Quarter at Tropicana Casino and Resort: Cuban rhythms, the sound of Philly, Karaoke...

by OCNJBritt Written May 31, 2005

The new Quarter at Tropicana is replete with a slew of fine dining establishments that after dinner serve up dancing and music. Try Cuba Libre for salsa, merengue and bachata and performances by a few dance pro's as well. The Sound of Philadelphia hearkens back to the classic R&B and motown of Detroit and Philly with live bands regularly and a small but adequate dancefloor. Lastly, end the night with Karaoke at Planet Rose where you can choose from Whitney to Garth and everything in between.

Dress Code: Dress Code is strict...No sneakers and, men, jeans, jerseys and hats are not favored. Cover charge on weekends.

• It has to be Casbah at Taj...

by Nephil55 Written Aug 24, 2002

It has to be Casbah at Taj Majahl. An all night dance club that dosen't even get pumpin til about 2am.

Dress Code: Dress to impress. Fellas, no sneaks or sweats. Also dress like it's summertime cause it gets hot as heck in there.

• penumbra's Profile Photo

Boardwalk Performers

by penumbra Written Aug 27, 2005

Tropicana - Downbeach: Boardwalk & Brighton Ave

There are free entertainers along the Boardwalk, pretty much any time of the day or night. These are street performers so the quality varies wildly. Expect to hear / see: Dancing, Drums, Guitar, Singing, Statues.

• Music

The Casbah Night Club: The Casbah Night Club

by April1985 Written Aug 6, 2008

The Casbah Night Club is described as an unparalleled high octane experience. Normally I would disagree because most place amp up their night clubs and they turn out to be "ehh , so so" but , the Casbah is awesome. You really get that high class nightclub experience here. There are dancers that entertain you while you are dancing, who, I mean, how they retain so much energy astounds me - and I'm only 23 ! But anyway , the place is posh, with couches in the "foyer" , or I guess it's a lounge. They have private booths that you can get with bottle service. But they are right next to people , this place is crowded. Theres not like an upstairs VIP, but at least they have curtains that close. The music is loud and the place is just really awesome. Drinks are overpriced though ( but hey, its in a casino! )

Dress Code: Dress to empress - jeans accepted if fitted , like most nightclubs - no timberlands for men

• Herbie59's Profile Photo

Cuba Libre @ The Tropicana: Nightlife in Atlantic City

by Herbie59 Written Aug 5, 2009

While I have not made it down to AC in a while, my best friend keeps telling me that I would absolutely love the Tropicana, and that I have to take a trip down with her at some point soon. Since I have been Latin ballroom dancing for about four years now, she said that I would have an absolute blast at Cuba Libre, one of the clubs at the Trop. I have included the link to the Tropicana below, as well as a link I found for you on Cuba Libre. (Maybe I should listen to my best friend at some point soon and take a trip down!) Have a safe trip and and enjoy! :)

(This site includes info. on price, dress, atmosphere, etc. It even says that Cuba Libre is perfect for Twentysomethings.)

Not sure how you're traveling, or from where, but check out this AFFORDABLE mode of non-stop transportation from NYC just in case you don't want to drive:

Hope that helps!

• April1985's Profile Photo

A Dam Good Sports Bar: Have a Damn good time at ...

by April1985 Updated Apr 4, 2011

At A Dam Good Sports Bar , you will have a Damn good time! The music is loud! The people are nice, and the bartenders know how to get your drunk! Located in the Tropicana Casino, Your just a walk away from restaurants, other bars, and slots! Although after hanging out here, you will probably want to stay all night!

Some stuff you should know about the bar :There are two giant 110" projection and 13 plasma screen televisions, all in High Definition.(this makes for a damn good time). They have a billard room where you can play pool and relax with your drink . It is the only billard parlor in any of the casino's in Atlantic City. So remember that when your feeling the urge to shoot some balls in the corner pocket!

If you want to come during the day with the family , no worries they have a full kids menu as well . They also have a menu that has everything from beef to seafood, so if your craving something, no worries , they will have it !

Dress Code: No dress code. Its a sportsbar!

• April1985's Profile Photo

Firewaters: Get hot at ...

by April1985 Updated Apr 4, 2011

One-hundred-and-one beer varieties and a fabulous martini bar. Im not a fan of beer, but the martini bar is amazing. Its located in the back of the bar. I never knew about it until I stumbled back there one nite. And I ordered the "Purple Monkey Martini " It was SOOOO GOOD ! It has a great atmosphere, and is always fun!

Dress Code: Ladies, dress however you want. But , it is the casino, so dress nicely. Men, sorry, no boots!

The Mixx: Nightclub at Borgata

by April1985 Written Aug 28, 2006

In Borgata Casino, there is a club. Its called " The Mixx ". It's a small club, but it's awsome ! The drinks are good, The music is good, and the dancing never stops. Some nights are slower than others, I actually went on a slow night, but I had just as much fun ! I had a "Sex On the Beach" and the bartender whipped it up for my in an instant. However , the drinks were mighty expensive. 10 bucks for a small tiny little glass. A deffinate must see, and party ! 21 to enter .

Dress Code: no jeans, no sneakers, no boots, dress to impress

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Margaritaville: Good Drinks & Good Times

by cjg1 Updated Aug 5, 2013

My Margarita

I enjoy visiting Margaritaville's and make it a point to stop in whenever I find one. I was actually here the day the first opened this Margaritaville in the Resorts Hotel and Casino but didn't feel like dealing with the mob scene. I recently returned with my wife to AC for the day and Margaritaville was our first stop.

The restaurant/bar is at the back of the Casino right by the boardwalk exits. The place is quite large with a bar area, two levels of dining space and an outdoor seating area. The retail shop is just outside the restaurant. We had just arrived after they stopped serving breakfast so we decided to have a seat at the bar and enjoy some Margaritas.

The bar area was pretty busy and I was surprised at the amount of people in the place. We grabbed two seats at the bar and checked out the drink offerings. I decided I wanted a Perfect Margarita and my wife ordered a Fins to the Left Margarita. Our drinks arrived quickly and we settled in to some good conversation and people watching.

The bar area was full of "interesting" characters. We had a rowdy bachelorette party next to us that were just too out of control(we wound up moving on a bit early due to their behavior). There were some guys next to them that my wife termed "sharks" since they were circling the bar looking for a stray fish to sink their teeth into. We did meet a nice guy named Ronnie who struck up a conversation with my wife taking "shop" (they'll both healthcare people) as well as travel.

We had a nice time and a few drinks before the bachelorettes proved to be too much to take. We said goodbye to our new friend and went across the boardwalk to The Landshark Bar & Grill for some food.

The Deck at Trump Marina: The Deck at Trump Marina

by April1985 Written Aug 6, 2008

sparkles

The Deck @ Trump Marina is a nice local gathering. Many locals, such as myself come here to enjoy the live music (stage, with dancing area) - Seasonal July-August, the bands play 7 days a week. The view is beautiful right on the water. You get a nice ocean breeze, friendly, fun environment, and it's right outside of the casino. So if you get board, you can always go gamble! Ladies are free, so are guys, except for some nights there is a 10 dollar covers charge for the men :) So nice to be a lady :)

Dress Code: Cute Casual, its the Jersey Shore !

• April1985's Profile Photo

Planet Rose: Sing your heart out at ..

by April1985 Written Aug 29, 2007

Sing your heart out at planet rose.. and enjoy watching (and participating) the fine art of karaoke. Plush red couches and a very long bar, tables and even a sound proof private glass room that you can rent out for you and your friends. Great for parites, or even just a fun night out on the town! Planet Rose is described by Citysearch.com as “Berlin decadence fused with Tokyo pop and American cheese.”

Dress Code: No real dress code, just show up looking nice, I got in with jeans , but then I also got in wearing spandex. Just have your photo ID ready and your in!

Instant Answers: Atlantic City

Comments

Atlantic City Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Atlantic City nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Atlantic City sightseeing.

View all Atlantic City hotels