Atlantic City Restaurants

Having a Great Time(8/2/13)
    by cjg1
    Chips & Dips(salsa & Queso)
    by cjg1
    My wife waiting for her Margarita

Most Recent Restaurants in Atlantic City

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Land Shark Bar & Grill: Great Place with a Beach View

by cjg1 Updated May 27, 2015

After leaving Margaritaville across the boardwalk my wife and I decided to have a nice lunch here.

The Land Shark Bar & Grill is an installation of Margaritaville but acorss the boardwalk right on the beach. This place has a more casual vibe and relaxed atmosphere. The decor is simple and the menu has more casual fare such as hotdogs, warm pretzel sticks, grilled cheese sandwiches, tater tots and the like. What I loved the most was their large outdoor deck. Nothing is better than eating outside with a beach view.

There was a wait for tables outside but our waitress managed to seat us at a high table close to the deck that still had the great view. We settled in and ordered some drinks. I chose to have an unsweetened ice tea and Liz ordered a Fins 2 the Left Margarita. After perusing the food offering we decided to start with an appetizer first to guage how hungry we really were. The Chps & Dips caught our eye. The appetizer was tortilla chips served warm with salsa and queso.

Our appetizer arrived soon after ordering and it was huge; there was no way were were finishing this. This was an excellent choice though. the salsa was so good and the queso was amazing. We tried our hardest to finish but surrendered with many chips left in the bowl. Our waitress asked if we wanted anything else and we said we surrender...no more food please. She laughed saying their appetizers are so big they can feed 3-4 and we know that for sure (their volcano nachos can feed 4-6 people).

I absolutely loved this place. I could spend a whole day just sitting here admiring the beach and water views. The casual beach vibe was nice and you didn't feel rushed here to get out of the table.

Having a Great Time(8/2/13) Chips & Dips(salsa & Queso) Fins 2 the Left My wife waiting for her Margarita Casual Atmosphere and Decor

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

McDonalds: Right past the Bridge

by grandmaR Updated Nov 2, 2014

It was time to eat, and the GPS had confused me into turning on the wrong street. There was a McDonalds right there so we stopped to eat and regroup. It was busy with not many places to park (and Bob does not like drive through) so we parked in a handicapped place as there wasn't much else available.

Favorite Dish: I got water to drink and partly filled one of the water bottles while Bob was drinking his milkshake. (chocolate). I normally get a bacon cheeseburger and that's what I got this time. Bob got a McChicken

Bob's milkshake  $2.99 Bacon McDouble $2,00 mc chicken map
    • Seniors

• FatesWarn's Profile Photo

Bill's Bar and Burger Restaurant at Harrah's: Good Burgers but Don't be in a Hurry

by FatesWarn Updated Oct 13, 2014

The burgers here are decent and the prices aren't bad in comparison to other choices in the area, but don't be in a hurry. My husband and I dined here for a pre-concert meal; when we arrived, there was barely anyone in the place, but it still took almost 10 minutes for our server to come to our table and when he did, it was to tell us that he'd be right with us. Once we got our food order in, the wait wasn't too bad, but he never did bring my water, so I had to ask the food runner to bring it to me. Good thing I did that because we didn't see him again until we were ready for our check - which of course took a while. I would have charged it to our room rather than deal with waiting for him to run my credit card, but he didn't leave me a pen. So the checkout process added another 20 minutes to our visit.
    As for the food, the burgers are pretty good, but the hot dog was a huge disappointment. I don't know how you mess up a hot dog (which is why I ordered it - I love hot dogs), but they managed it.
    The beer selection is pretty lame for a place that has "bar" in their name, and the other libations seemed to be catered to the non-drinker crowd (milkshakes and slushies with shots), so I just went for a root beer, which was one of those tasty bottled root beers that comes in a 6-pack.

Overall, if you're just having a lazy day and have a hankering for good burger, this is probably a good stop, just don't try to eat here before any scheduled plans.

• Beaches
    • Music

Breadsticks: Average Breakfast

by Gillybob Written Aug 31, 2014

Located within the Resorts hotel and entered from either the inside or from the Boardwalk, Breadsticks is a busy breakfast option with mediocre service.

I had their Breakfast sampler with coffee which cost US$18.

Favorite Dish: The breakfast sampler gave a selection of standard breakfast items.

Johnny Rocket's: All sorts of breakfast options

by Gillybob Updated Aug 31, 2014

You will find Johnny Rocket's located all over the USA. This particular outlet is located on the Boardwalk frontage on Showboat resort, with entrances from inside the resort and from the boardwalk.

I opted to enjoyed the Eggs My Way option (which I had 'over easy') with bacon and a coffee. This cost US10.

Johnny Rocket's is also open for dinner - which I enjoyed on my third night in Atlantic City - with a variety of dinner options. I enjoyed their Tuna Melt with a coffee at a cost of US$10.

Favorite Dish: Johnny Rocket's always give you a step back in time - and they always serve good coffee.

Sammy D's: Good breakfast

by Gillybob Written Aug 31, 2014

Located within the Harrah's casino (near the marina in Atlantic City), Sammy D's offers many diner options for breakfast. I chose the Traditional Eggs Benedict which I enjoyed with the ubiquitous coffee.

Certainly not a cheap option for breakfast, but I enjoyed it.

Favorite Dish: The Traditional Eggs Benedict with a bottomless coffee were enjoyable and cost US$20.

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Casa di Napoli: Great pasta!

by Gillybob Written Aug 31, 2014

I opted to enjoy a meal at the slightly more expensive Casa di Napoli on my second night in Atlantic City.

I enjoyed the Cavatelli pasta which I had with a glass of pinot grigio.

Favorite Dish: The cavatelli pasta was delicious.

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Crossroads at House of Blues: Great Burgers!

by Gillybob Updated Aug 31, 2014

On my first night in Atlantic City I opted to dine at Crossroads at House of Blues, located within the Showboat resort casino area, near the entrance from the boardwalk.

I enjoyed a delicious Mushroom Burger served with sweet potato fries, followed by Bread and Butter Pudding. I enjoyed a Yuengling to accompany my meal. The total cost coming to US$35.

Favorite Dish: I love sweet potato fries and these didn't disappoint.

Wild Mushroom Burger My Yuengling Bread and Butter Pudding - but not as I know it!

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Borgata Buffet: Buffet time!

by PinkFloydActuary Updated Dec 31, 2011

While the rest of my time in AC was a bit of a downer, the trip to the Borgata buffet was definitely a good time. First of all, for lunch, there are many buffets that don't open at all, or are on very limited hours. I got over here as soon as it opened to make sure I didn't wast precious time in a long line. As usual, there are several stations - Italian, Mexican, a carvery, Asian, and dessert. I ended up going through 4 times before dessert. The pizza was excellent, there was a Chorizo frittata that ruled, some of the steamed veggies were great, and they even had Philly cheesesteaks! While the cost was on the higher side, the food was all really excellent. Dishes were cleared away promptly. Unlike the higher end Vegas buffets, this one is food you know, done really well. The only lacking item was the dessert section...there's plenty to try, just nothing too memorable. Totally worth the stop.

Lunch time! Buffet area Desserts - look better than they are Buffet entrance

• Suzanne123's Profile Photo

Pizza Di Roma: St side near Bally's etc...

by Suzanne123 Updated Aug 6, 2011

Affordable food can be found near the otherside (nonboardwalk) of the strip. Just when you've had enough of casino buffet food. Open 24 hours, here is where the cabbies eat. 2310 Atlantic Avenue, AC, NJ. There are specials every day of the week for $6.95: either Manicotti, Raviolli, Lasagna, Veal, Shells., Chicken Parmigna, etc..

Pizza's $4-17
    cold or hot Sandwich/ or platters with fries $6

Delivery 347-1800
    344-1166
    344-1116

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Wandy's Restaurant and Cocktail Bar: Filipino Food in Atlantic City (Part 2)

part two of My Wandy's Restaurant Tips with more pics

good ole filipino comfort food in the middle of busy atlantic city and for a bunch of Fil Ams longing for good ole filipino comfort food after binging in endless burgers and steak and shrimp cocktails and pizzas, having a late lunch of comfort food that you've grown up is a must and Wandy's Restaurant doesn't disappoint and is the only Filipino Themed restaurant in Atlantic City. Sure the diners here are mostly filipino-americans but there is a smattering of other ethnic types too. The Resto offers classic Filipino Food which are cholesterol Laden like the Bulalo at $ 14.95 an order, the pork barbecue at $ 9.95 an order, the Pig Knuckle Crispy Pata at $ 12.94 an order and other filipino food specialties. It also Doubles as a Lounge cum bar at night serving assorted alcoholic Beverages and Liqours and some Bar Chow.

Favorite Dish: bulalo to die for!!! even better than in most philippine restaurants in the philippines! their Crispy Pata is also to die for and don't forget the Chicharon Bulaklak!

Opens: everyday from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm

Wandy's, the owner has a mean collection of vintage cars too at this garage and he will show it to patrons as he is very friendly and amiable.

inside pancit pork barbecue crispy pata playing the piano
    • Beer Tasting

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Wandy's Restaurant and Cocktail Bar: Filipino comfort food in Atlantic City (part 1)

Opens: everyday from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm

the resto inside menu chicharon bulaklak bulalo
    • Wine Tasting

Waterfront Buffett: Wonderful Buffett in Harrah's

by machomikemd Updated Jun 22, 2011

One of the attractions in Harrah's Resorts in Atlantic City and the buffett here is awesome the choices are endless, when we dined here in 2005, the buffett price was $ 24.99 but as of today, the buffett prices are $ 29.99 a person and the Resto was formerly called Fantasea Reef Buffett but was renamed to Waterfront Buffett in 2007. Having a Harrah's card has it's perks and when I was winning big in 2005, I had accumulated enough to have a free buffett here for three persons. The buffett is a 620-seat, 22-foot-ceilinged, neatly chandeliered buffet restaurant and has a 37,000 square feet of room and the buffett serves about 140 different meals and 9 different food stations from sea food to asian and italian. There is a long wait line in going to the Buffett.

Favorite Dish: the assorted meals but the star would be the prime rib steaks and the snow crabs and the traditional casino meal of shrimps with cocktails plus the corn chowder, magnifico.

Hours: Sun: 9am - 9pm
    Mon: Noon - 9pm
    Tues, Wed: 4pm - 9pm
    Thurs: Noon - 9pm; Fri: 4 - 9pm
    Sat: 9am - 10pm

yes snow crabs more group pose
    • Wine Tasting

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Mc Donalds: Budget Food What Else!

by machomikemd Written Jun 22, 2011

hey I can Be a cheapskate at times specially if I lost at the casino (no thanks to bally's and you too trump and Ceasars) and then having a lot of drinks and too much hours at the bare exposure strip club hehehe and hence my breakfast this time is at the nearby Mc Donalds in Atlantic Avenue for a cheap fix of proteins and carbohydrates (my harrah's card has not enough points for a free buffett breakfast at the moment). Do I really need an explanation of Mc Donalds?

Favorite Dish: for a guy down on his luck type like me then a simple breakfast meal of Mc Cafe Large Iced Latte at $ 3.50 to perk me up (hey it taste better than starbucks but dunkin donuts have the best Iced Latte for me) and a sausage biscuit or a bug breakfast meal special at $ 7 to rev up my energy.

yes what to order hang over a cup of java sausage biscuit with egg

Virgina City Buffett: budget Buffett in Wild West Casino

by machomikemd Updated Jun 22, 2011

a budget buffett in the middle of wild west casino area of bally's at the second floor via an escalator with a big dining area and six buffett stations. Price of a Buffett is $ 15.95 a person.

According to their website:

Six Exhibition Cooking Stations

Asian Station:
    Everyone’s talking about our taste bud treasures of the Far East. Watch as our chefs sear four fresh and delicious Asian wok specialties right before your eyes.

Chuck Wagon Station:
    Mosey on over to the Chuck Wagon where something great is always cookin’. Lunch-goers can fill up on fresh-carved turkey and juicy flank steak. For dinner, the Chuck Wagon grills up perfect steaks cooked to your order. Every Friday and Saturday, you won’t want to miss our smoked and oven roasted prime rib, served with au jus, horseradish and mustard.

Italian Station:
    Explore the zesty side of the Wild Wild West overflowing with home made gourmet pizzas, mouthwatering lasagna and pastas piled high with tasty toppings like meatballs, mussels and more.

Shrimp Shack:
    Seafood lovers will want to return again and again to the Shrimp Shack for more helpings of the amazing fried shrimp, fried fish and seafood salad selections and peel and eat shrimp. Joining us for dinner? Don’t miss the whole carved fish live action station!

Soup and Salad Station:
    This is as fresh as fresh gets. Help yourself to cold and crisp Caesar or house salad, plus creamy and delicious chicken, tuna and pasta salads. When it comes to soup, the options go on and on. Choose matzo ball soup, sweet and sour cabbage soup, mushroom barley soup, New England Clam Chowder, Manhattan Clam Chowder, corn chowder or chicken vegetable soup.

Dessert Station:
    We’ve saved the sweetest part for last! Indulge in hand-dipped ice cream, soft serve ice cream and yogurt, fruit salad, fruit pies, tarts as well as a wide variety of sugar free cakes, puddings and baked goods.

Favorite Dish: a lot specially the prime rib steak what else and what casino buffett is complete without the traditional shrimp cocktail right? The meals here are average but for a hungry group from queens on a 2 1/2 hour drive, who cares?

Hours: Monday-Thursday - Noon - 8pm
    Friday 3pm - 9pm
    Saturday 8am - 10pm
    Sunday 8am - 8pm

to the buffett inside prime rib seafood cocktail wow

Instant Answers: Atlantic City

Comments

Atlantic City Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Atlantic City restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Atlantic City sightseeing.

View all Atlantic City hotels