Atlantic City Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Atlantic City

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Margaritaville Shop: All Things Margaritaville

by cjg1 Updated Aug 5, 2013

The Margaritaville Shop is located right outside of the restaurant. The shop has all the usual Margaritaville merchandise; glasses, tee shirts, flip flops, hats etc, all emblazoned with the Margaritaville logo. I collect Margaritaville glasses from their different locations so I had to stop in and but two more to add to my ever growing collection at home. My wife indulges me in this as I have yet to run out of cabinet space in the kitchen.

I also found a nice cross body canvas bag for the beach here as well. I was shocked at how well it was made and the quality of the fabric. My wife told me to just get it; it was only $60 and we can alwys use another beach bag for vacations.

What to pay: My glasses were $9.99 each and the bag was $60.

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

The Walk: Factory Outlet w/in a CITY!

by machomikemd Updated Jun 22, 2011

the walk

An outlet mall is a type of shopping mall, in which manufacturers sell their products directly to the public through their own branded stores. Clothing, sporting goods, electrical products, cosmetics, and toys are among the types of items sold at outlet malls. Outlet malls first appeared in the United States as a development of the traditional factory outlet: a store attached to a factory or warehouse. An outlet mall places several such outlets under one roof in a convenient location, usually an "out-of-town" site. The out-of-town site minimises overhead costs. And they may be legally necessary as conventional retailers may have contractual restrictions on the manufacturer on the location of the factory outlets so as to minimise competition with the traditional retailer. Therefore, factory outlets are usually located at least 20 kilometers outside of major cities, and consumers must account for gasoline costs and driving time when calculating their net savings but of which the outlets in Atlantic city are the exception since they are located within city limits plus there is no sales tax for clothes and shoes so shop now.

What to buy: mens and womens apparel, clothing, shoes, same as any typical factory premium outlets anywhere but with an added advantage of it located within city limits instead of an exurban area.

What to pay: a ralph lauren round neck shirt at 15 USD, tommy hilfiger cologne 3.4 ounces at 46 USD, a nautica Polo Shirt at 25 USD, Timberland Shoes for 95 USD Buy one take one offer and a lot more. (don't forget to add a 6% sales tax but sales tax is cheaper here than in pennsylvania which is 9%, New York at 8.5% while Oregon Has NO SALES TAX!)

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

The Pier at Ceasars

by iam1wthee Written May 7, 2011

This mall has many different stores most are retail designer or name brand.

What to buy: The 3rd floor is the food court. Game On is a sports bar with mechanical bull and there is Piazza di Giorgio where you get a 3 course meal for $9.99. The American food here is good and more than worth the value.

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

The Walk: outlet

by iam1wthee Written Apr 13, 2011

There are many different stores here. Some are still not that great of a bargain eventhough they might be cheaper than whats in the original store. The tax in NJ is the lowest of most states so in that regard its a good deal

What to buy: They have more stores than this but these are the stores with real bargains
    Skechers
    Rockport

What to pay: It all depends but $200 should be enough

siganos plaza: siganos plaza

by April1985 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Siganos Plaza is a strip of eateries, news stands, candy stores, sports stuff, and Atlantic City souvenir's. They just redecorated this plaza a couple years ago and it still looks brand new! It's a nice place to stop during your walk on the world largest boardwalk to dip in and maybe get a Hershey ice cream cone, a bag of candy or maybe even sit down and eat at Opa - a Greek restaurant.

What to buy: Anything from candy to a baseball cap to a Tee Shirt

What to pay: depends what you buy

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Bellis Photographic Studio: Photo Ops

by grandmaR Updated Sep 9, 2009

Studio portrait from about 1900

There have always been photo ops in Atlantic City. They now seem to have a lot of big statues along the boardwalk, but even in the very old days there were photo studios that would take your picture. This is a photo of my grandfather as a young man. He's on the right wearing a bathing suit - probably taken around 1900.

Henry Bellis was a carpenter and later had a photographic studio in Atlantic City. His daughter married John Phillip Sousa.

I don't know where photos 2 was taken - it is of my grandmother and grandfather and might have been taken at the shore. Photo 3 is a postcard - people used to get their photos taken at a studio and put on a postcard. Photo 4 is my grandmother and grandfather against a backdrop that says "Steel Pier"

What to buy: Personally I take my own photos now. What I would buy in Atlantic City is salt water taffy. My grandfather used to bring some back for us after he and my grandmother visited Atlantic City.

• Beaches
    • Photography

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Lush: Amazing scents and those bath bombs!!

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 31, 2009

Assorted Bath items

The first time I ever walked into a Lush store was in London close to 10 years ago. The wonderful scents that were eminating from the store lured me in. Since that first encounter, whenever I am near a Lush store I venture in stock up on some favorites or check out to see if there are any new scents.

Lush prides itself in providing fresh ingredients which are made by hand, are environmentally safe and are not tested on animals. The products range from bath and shower items like the bath bombs (one of my favorites) to the bars (some in really cute shapes), sugar scrubs and buttter creams. They also have a line of hair and facial products as well as some fragrances that come in a solid form in cute tins.

What to buy: The bath bombs are my favorite items here with scents ranging from the Sex bomb, Luverly, Absolute Delight, Sicilian, Waving Not Drowning, and Sakura. There are many others, but I usually stick to these.

What to pay: They are reasonably priced, raning from $4-18

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Coach Outlet: Last season's Coach for a steal!!

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 31, 2009

Pink EVERYWHERE!!!

I normally don't write this type of tip as I never go to outlet stores, and now I know exactly why. Personally I rather not purchase items that were last year's "rejects" and everyone and their mother has. If I'm going to buy a Coach bag, its going to be at the regular store and a bag that isn't on everyone's shoulder (usually the more expensive and limited editions).

With that said, this store was a MOB scene...the purses were dirt cheap and there were so many people clammering to buy that Coach bag. I asked a salesperson as I had never seen so many people grabbing for bags and she said that its like that every single weekend. I guess most people feel that as long as it says Coach, they'll buy anything, including those hideous colors, like baby pink, powder blue, with the signature CCCC all over the bag, yuk, I walked in and took a quick look and walked back out.

My girlfriends stayed a bit longer searching for something that would catch their eyes, but I guess they felt the same way, and after a few minutes walked out the store with nothing.

My experience was not a good one, but if you are looking for a Coach bag at a super cheap price, take a look at the Coach Outlet and maybe you'll find something you like, I know I didn't and this experience has totally turned me off to going into another Coach Outlet.

**A funny story - As I was waiting for Lisa to play a few rounds of Roulette, the Coach Store located at the Southstreet Seaport called me to tell me about their newest line ("Tribeca") that is debuting on Friday, July 24, 2009 and they wanted to invite me to be one of the fist to view them....The girls found it funny that I'd get a call from Coach and were laughing how they probably have me on speed dial. I have spent quite a bit of money on that location and maybe with the economy being the way it is, makes sense to want your loyal customers to continue to shop.**

What to buy: Year's past old ugly bags that didn't sell well at the actual stores can be had for a steal (I saw a bag that was originally priced at $458 for about $249, plus an additional 20%).

They also had items I hadn't seen at the regular stores, I guess they also make low end bags to sell at the outlet stores. They had some other items, but I didn't bother to look.

Everyone in AC had a Coach Outlet shopping bag, they are distiguished from the regular Coach store as they have the coach signa all over the bag!!

NOTE - Apparently (unknown to me) there is ABSOLUTELY no photography allowed inside the store. I found out after I had already snapped this pic and was getting ready to snap one of the mob in the store and the guard approached and told me that it was prohibited, not sure why, mayb for security reasons?!

What to pay: Super cheap, the prices were about 1/2 to 3/4 off their original price!

It's Sugar: A candy shop for young and old

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 20, 2009

This is a nice candy shop that carriers all of your old favorites and some of the new ones. We wandered in to see what we could find and although I didn't buy anything, my friend Laurie did. She has two nephews that she is always being sweets for (not a good idea, but hey, her newphews). She bough a few of their favorties while the rest of us just wandered around looking at all the candy this shop has.

The shop is accessible by two entrances, one is located on the Boardwalk, across from the Ceasars, the other inside the Pier Shop.

What to buy: Every imaginable candy you have eaten or would like to :)

The Pier Shops at Cesear's: Amazing shopping and dinning

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 20, 2009

This "Mall" is connected to Ceasar's by a walkway and is the high end shopping and dinning place to be.

The mall has all your favorite designer shops like Gucci, LV, Coach (not the outlet), Tiffany's and all the other high end shopping stores you find in malls.

There are three levels and the first level has the lower end shops, the second level has the higher end shops and the third level has a host of wonderful places to dine.

I was curious to see what type of shopping was to be had here and I would rather spend my time shopping here than at the Outlet Walk (I felt safer).

What to buy: Expect to pay as the shops are mostly higher end desinger shops.

Bath and Body Works: Discontinued scents at a fraction of the cost

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 20, 2009

This is one of my favorite bath shops and this particular outlet had all the regulars scents and many of the discontinued scents. I was able to find a scent that is no longer available at the regular store, so I stocked up, which was a really nice surprise.

They carry a large selection of bath gels, lotions, hand creams, facial creams, body mists, lip balms in an array of different scents.

If you have or had a particular favorite scent that is now discontinued, you may be able to find it here.

What to buy: I purchase two body lotions and two body gels. They were 2 for $20 (originally priced at $13 each).

Banana Republic: Cheap Banana Clothing from last season

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 20, 2009

Another outlet outpost of the actual store, but at least this store seemed more to pace with the regular items sold at their signature stores.

The store wasn't big and they didn't have too much of a selection, but some of the items they had were fashionable and still trendy even though they may have been last year's line.

We walked around the store and Alice found a really cute pair of low heeled open toe shoes, I found a really nice sweater top and some really nice jewelry.

What to buy: They had a selection of women and men's clothing, as well as accessories. The prices were slashed about 50% off their original price. My top cost $38 Alice paid about $45 for the shoes and the jewelry was about $8.

Shops @ The Waterclub: Shops @ The Waterclub

by April1985 Written Oct 13, 2008

The Shops @ The Waterclub are extremely high end. But not a lot of people know they are there, unless they actually stay in the waterclub. It's very beautiful, but it almost has a museum-esq quality to it. It's very cold, lots of tile, lack of light in the morning... well... still check it out. The stores are : Hugo Boss, La Perla, Just Cavalli, Hearts on Fire, Fixation, Cameo, Shopping at Borgata, and of course gift cards are available.

Sunday - Thursday: 10am - 11pm
    Friday & Saturday: 10am - 1am

Borgata Shops: Borgata Shops

by April1985 Written Oct 13, 2008

The shops at Borgata are very high end with stores like, Whim, Misura, Carina, Borgata Jewels, Borgata & Co, Borgata Collection, Ciao!, Essentials, Starbucks, Bambino, A. Kadenn. In Whim you will find products from designers like Apple, Marc Jacobs, Fendi, Burberry, DKNY, Movado, Sony, and more. In Misura you will find fashionable and masculine clothes and accessories for the man in your life ( or you if your a man ). Carina is a upscale, high-energy boutique, with designer clothing for women, exclusive accessories and shoes galore! All of the "Borgata Stores" feature, obviously high end, amazingly beautiful jewelry, cigars, clothing, etc.Ciao! is basically that store where you need to but somethinggg! Doesn't matter what it is , they will probably have it. It's high end convenience. Bambino is an amazing toy store, dont go home without getting your kid, nefew, niece, grandson/daughter something !!!!! Sooo cutee !!!

The Quarter @ Tropicana: The Quarter @ Tropicana

by April1985 Written Oct 13, 2008

The Quarter @ Tropicana offers world class dining, shopping, and a beautiful interior that will set you back to old Havana. There is tons of entertainment from karaoke to comedy. And ton's of photo ops as well. During the holidays the quater transforms it self into a winter wonderland, the music, and the decor will make your holiday actually feel like a holiday! The restaurants are amazing too, from PF Changs, to Cubra Libre, to Red Square and even a deli ! Shops include Cache, White House Black Market, The Spy Store, etc.

What to buy: anything you want , white house black market has amazing clothes

What to pay: not too much unless you go on a shopping spree !

Instant Answers: Atlantic City

Comments

Atlantic City Shopping

Reviews and photos of Atlantic City shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Atlantic City sightseeing.

View all Atlantic City hotels