Casinos and Gambling, Atlantic City
Any of the casinos offer places to dance the night away, like the Mixx or Gypsy Bar at the Borgata, the Wave at Trump Marina, or the newely opened Quarter at Tropicana which has quite a few new bars open to fit your mood. Want Irish, go to ReRa, Russian, Red Square, jazz, TSOP, etc. Most are reasonably priced for casinos but some have their own VIP areas that can cost a lot more. The Quarter has a strict dress code after 11pm. No baggy jeans or sneakers, sports jackets or a nice shirt , pants and shoes are fine.
How to play Black Jack:
1. Look at the dealer's up card.
2. Look at your two cards.
3. If you have 8 or less: Always hit.
4. If you have 9: Double if the dealer has 3-6, otherwise hit.
5. If you have 10: Double if the dealer has 2-9, otherwise hit.
6. If you have 11: Double if the dealer has 2-10, Hit if the dealer has Ace.
7. If you have 12: Hit if the dealer has 2 or 3, Stand if the dealer has 4-6, otherwise hit.
8. If you have 13-16: Stand if the dealer has 2-6, otherwise hit.
9. If you have 17-21: Always stand
How to play slot machine:
1. Insert credits into the Slot Machine. You do this by clicking on the Coin Slot to the right of the Spin button to insert one coin at a time. You can also click on the $0.25, $1, $5, $25 or $100 button on the lower right side of the screen.
2. Choose the amount you wish to bet by pressing the Bet One or Bet Max buttons.
Pressing the Bet Max button places 3 credits in the Bet text box and automatically spins the three reels.
3. Pressing the Bet One button places one credit in the Bet text box up to a maximum of 3 credits.
4. Once there are credits in the Bet text box the Spin button and the Handle to the right of the Slot Machine light up and can be pressed, or pulled, to start the three reels spinning.
5. Winnings are determined according to the winning combinations that are illustrated in the Payout Table. If you have a winning combination the corresponding row will light up on the Payout Table. If there are any credits in the machine you can cash them all out by pressing the Cash Out button. This will remove the bets and credits from the Bet and Credit text boxes and return them to your Balance.
Go gambling (if you are 21). But keep a certain limit, so that you don´t loose too much money. When I was there I took 30 dollars in my wallet and left the rest in my hotel room. To avoid the risk of loosing everything.
Gamble or watch a cabaré or some other entertaiment.
Well, hold tight to your money or you will loose them quick on gambling, don't say I didn't warn you!! =)
But at the same time i must say that you should do some gambling, for after all isn't that we're going here for?
There are so many casinos to choose from, but if you can try and gamble (although not if you are addicted). I like roulette and blackjack, but I always look for $5 tables, which although scarce can be found.
The Resorts Hotel and Casino is a bit of a run down dive in my opinion. The place just got taken over by Mohegan Sun after filing for bankruptcy. The decor is dated and the carpet stinks of smoke. Hopefully they will clean this place up. They have the usual slot machines and table games that you find in any casino. We were only here because we wanted to visit the Margaritaville here.
The parking garage is $10 and the garage is very dodgy. Half of the parking spots are blocked off with yellow caution tape and the others are a rag tag of bag parking jobs. It took some time to find an actual space before headingto the casino.
Tired of Las Vegas Casinos ?
Try Atlantic City on the East Coast
in New Jersey.
Year round, day or night, whatever
turns you on about a destination,
Atlantic City's got it.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
* Atlantic City Hilton (New), Boston Avenue & The Boardwalk
* Bally's Atlantic City:1, 2 Park Place & The Boardwalk
* The Borgata, One Borgata Way or 1501 MGM Mirage Boulevard
* Caesars Atlantic City, Pacific Avenue & The Boardwalk
* Harrah's Atlantic City, 777 Harrah's Boulevard
* Resorts Atlantic City, North Carolina Avenue & The Boardwalk
* Sands, Indiana Avenue & The Boardwalk
* Showboat, South States Avenue & The Boardwalk
* Tropicana, Brighton Avenue & The Boardwalk
* Trump Marina, Huron Avenue and Brigantine Boulevard
* Trump Plaza, Mississippi Avenue & The Boardwalk
* Trump Taj Mahal, Virginia Avenue & The Boardwalk
While not the cleanest casino in Atlantic City, Resorts did have one little piece of nostalgia that was particularly interesting - just off from the hotel check in area, is the first slot machine ever installed in Atlantic City. I love seeing historical pieces from the casinos, and this one is certainly interesting!
Although not as many casinos as in Las Vegas or Reno, Atlantic City is the Casino Gaming Meca of the East Coast, (but casino gambling isn't promoted as much here as in Vegas) and all the themed casinos should be toured. It should take a little more than half a day to tour all the casinos in Atlantic City, and you'll problably want to stay at each for a little while.
Reccommended touring route:
Starting at the north end of the boardwalk (at the Showboat Casino-Hotel) you will make your way south. Start with the Showboat, the beach's furthest casino north and my personal favorite. The Showboat is a Cajun-New Orleans themed casino. As you make your way south, visit the Trump Taj Mahal, Resorts, Sands and the Claridge, Ballys, Wild West Casino, Trump Plaza, Tropicana, and finally the Hilton. Then take a JITNEY (see transportation) ride upto the Marina district, and visit the brand-new BORGOTA (WOW!!!!) Casino, as well as Harrah's and the Trump Marina.
there are lots of choices and Gambling Options in Atlantic City for every type of Budget like if you are the nickel and dime stuff of person then the assorted slot machines and progressive slot machines will be your thing. If you are afraid to bet at card games, then the video card games that acts like slot machines and have small bets will do and if you are the daring type of person then the assorted table games like craps or baccarat or Spanish 21 or Black Jack will be ok and if you want to really feel to be a high roller then go to the High Limit Tables for VIPs and start gambling, also don't forget to enroll at the different rewards plus cards offfered by the casinos (they are free and some like the tropicana offer free $ 25 worth of points for you to gamble at slot machines) so that you would accumulate points while gaming which you could use to pay for parking or free hotel rooms or room upgrades or free shows or even free meals.
You should take a look at least at one Casino (there are loads of them!)- but they did not alowed me to take a picture inside...
On the boardwalk there are many casinos & hotels such as The Showboat, The Trump Taj Ma Hall & The Sands.