Atlantic City Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Atlantic City

• Dizzyhead's Profile Photo

Gambling.

by Dizzyhead Written Nov 20, 2013

It can be a very bad thing if you dont have so much Money and need them for other things, and you Think the casinos in Atlantic City can help you to get some more. Forget it! Not many people go and become Winners at the casinos. A good advise is to stay away then to visit the casinos.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Undesirables

by cjg1 Written Aug 5, 2013

Now when I say undesirables it covers a vast array of groups: the prostitutes, the drunks, the Jersey Shore types and those just behaving badly. During our August 2013 trip to AC we came across several of these and believe it or not the worst behaved people were the women. One in particular kept lifting her skirt up at the bar to give the other patrons a "show" I guess. My wife was horrified and we moved on from there.

Basically, be prepared to see anything and everything here from anyone.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Bird Droppings

by grandmaR Written Jul 9, 2011

Gulls following a ferry in SC

Apparently the pigeons that used to be on the boardwalk wanting to be fed have been supplanted by the seagulls. Seagulls are more aggressive than pigeons and also are better flyers. So they can circle overhead and grab stuff from your hand and also poop on you.

Atlantic City was going to put up some nets in 2008, but I don't know how that worked or whether the seagulls just found a way around them.

Most of the photos I have of seagulls were taken in the south - I suspect the gulls in Atlantic City are Herring Gulls which are bigger than these and don't have the black head

• Birdwatching

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

The Birds!

by iam1wthee Updated Jun 16, 2011

Seagulls are just about everywhere and fly down real low. They will follow you if they see that you have food. If any food drops onto the boardwalk they will swoop down and pick it up and fight in the air for it. They will also poop on you if you are not careful.

• Walking the streets at Sands Casino

by Reptilesrein Updated Apr 4, 2011

I really have never had a problem with Atlantic City I recall around the year 06 I was alone walking from Showboat to Sands Casino and decided to walk the streets back to Showboat were I had my car parked there. I came across a pimp/begger asking for a light for his smoke " I said sure but I didn't have a light on me" then he kept persisting on following me describing what he could get me for example smokes,weed,coke & girls, and he robbed $50 bucks from me. So I always would reccommand that you should always walk along the boardwalk and always keep to yourself if your approached and always go with a group,friends or family, If you go alone be aware be very aware day or night?

• Hiking and Walking
    • Singles

• penumbra's Profile Photo

Don’t feed the Cats

by penumbra Updated Apr 4, 2011

No cats here

Signs in the Downbeach (south end) district of the Boardwalk: “Please do not feed the Atlantic City Boardwalk Cats. We appreciate your concern, but unscheduled feedings hinder our ability to help the cats. The Cat Action Team (C.A.T.) or Atlantic City is helping the cats through a humane and non-lethal population control program.” It must be working… I’ve never seem any cats along the Boardwalk. Now if someone would do something about pigeons and seagulls. Maybe if there were some cats around? Hey, wait a minute!

• penumbra's Profile Photo

Keep Off the Sand Dunes

by penumbra Updated Apr 4, 2011

Dunes (looking south from the Hilton)

The United States Army Corps of Engineers recently brought in 4.5 million cubic yards of sand, 90 acres of dune grass and 64,000 feet of sand fence as part of a storm protection project for Atlantic City. The new dunes are between the beach and the Boardwalk. They’re completely fenced off and there are pedestrian bridges over the dunes every block. There isn’t any reason to be on the dunes and you can expect a $1,000 fine if you’re caught.

• Dirty as all hell

by eordos Written Aug 26, 2010

Went to AC this past weekend. I had a good time but the city is disgusting. Trash everywhere, homeless, hookers, and a lot of sketchy looking people (mostly blacks). I had a good time in the casinos but getting from one to other was awful because of all the filth one had to look at. We didn't stray from the boardwalk because a block off resembles a DC ghetto. It was my first trip there and I probably will not return. If you are going to spend money then just go to Vegas, its cleaner and the police force actually does their job in keeping societal degenerates off the strip. AC, like all of Jersey, is trashy and displaces absolutely no class at all!

• Suzanne123's Profile Photo

Atlantic city Casino's

by Suzanne123 Written Aug 2, 2010

Beware: I used new cash from the bank at the Casino's and in return I was given marked and dirty money in Return. Money laundering at it's best. Showboat casino was the worst. There was plenty of counterfit money flowing around.

I've never found this to be the case in Ontario casino visits where I live. Also there were very few progressive slot machines so your chances to make money last a little longer is greatly reduced.

• Pru-Fox Fraudsters

by jimboAC Written Sep 12, 2009

Stay away from the realtors at Pru-Fox in nearby Margate. Two of them-- Lou Solomon and Mark Arbeit-- teamed up with a totally degenerate, high-fivin' mortgage broker to stick me with the broker's house over a leaking underground oil tank. I think the three of them and the broker's skanky wife yukked it up after the closing, celebrating their too easy to believe triumph over a stupid Irishman.

You know what, though? It's not just New Jersey realtors, mortgage brokers, and skanks who "Never Forget!" You want some real yuks? Read about Mr. Arbeit in The Washington Post archives for June 20 and 25, 1987, and then think of all the "savvy" sellers who actually shake this guy's hand and trust him with keys to premises on which children might be present. Now that is genuinely funny!

Look-- don't be stupid like I was. Stay away from these swindlers.

• Pru-Fox Rips Off

by jimboAC Written Sep 10, 2009

Don't be stupid like me and do business with Prudential -Fox Realtors from nearby Margate. Two of their realtors-- Lou Solomon and Mark Arbeit-- teamed up with a totally degenerate, high-fivin' mortgage broker to stick me with the broker's house over a leaking underground oil tank. the three of them think it's hilarious they put one over on me; they point to me as proof they can unload even a toxic waste dump.

You want something really funny? Read about Mr. Arbeit's tenure as an assistant elementary school principal in The Washington Post archives for June 20 and 25, 1987, and then thinnk of all the "savvy' sellers who actually trust these clowns with keys to premises on which children might be present.

Learn from my mistake: Don't do business with these fraudsters!

• Casino Security..

by xexe Written Aug 28, 2009

While in a casino, you must try to remember this, There is security, there are surveillance cameras. But they are no where near as good as you taking preventive measures to protect yourself.

1. Do Not! Place your pocketbook, purse, clutch, wrist strap bag on the floor while you are playing slots or playing at the table games. IT WILL BE TAKEN.
    2. Do Not! Place your pocketbook, purse, clutch, wrist strap bag between the slot machines, It's very easy to raise the partition on the other side of the aisle and remove your bag without you knowing.
    3. Guys, Do Not! place cash or slot vouchers in your shirt pockets. It is very easy to distract you and remove the item.
    4. Do Not! leave any of your items unattended. They will walk away without you. this may be common sense, but it's something people seem to forget while on vacation.

• Spa and Resort

• Aggressive homeless!

by xexe Updated Aug 28, 2009

There is a decent population of homeless in Atlantic City. Some are your garden variety, normal homeless(who i feel very bad for, must of whom are just down on their luck). Some are a more aggressive/crazy homeless. Most will not bother you, and if they do bother you a firm "no" will usually take care of them. However, there are a few out there that will try a little harder to get your change. Some will curse and you, some will threaten you.
    Some homeless hang out in front of stores and will ask for you change as you leave. (especially on the New York Avenue and South Carolina Avenue 7-11 stores) Also, you will find that on occasion, the homeless make their way into the casinos. Just tell a Security Officer at your casino and they usually make sure the homeless find their way out.

• Spa and Resort

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Drug addicts and prostitutes

by Gypsystravels Written Jul 20, 2009

Be very, very careful if you decide to venture off and do some shopping in the Outlet Walk. Along with a large population of homeless people, there seems to be an even larger population of drug addicts and prostitutes.

They seem to hang out around the AC Boardwalk and away from the hotels near the shopping outlets.

Ladies should hold on to their purses and be very alert to their surroundings, never venture out of the hotel area alone.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

The homeless

by Gypsystravels Written Jul 20, 2009

There seems to be a very large population of homeless people in Atantic City and it is more prevelant in and around the Broadwalk area. I definitely wouldn't feel safe walking around at night alone and would recommend that you travel with others and be alert.

Instant Answers: Atlantic City

Comments

Atlantic City Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Atlantic City warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Atlantic City sightseeing.

View all Atlantic City hotels