Atlantic City Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Atlantic City

• Mrslady622's Profile Photo

Casino Row.

by Mrslady622 Written Jan 9, 2007

In Atlantic City most people are there to gamble and see the boardwalk. When walking down the boardwalk beware of how far down you go because across the small walking bridge is the in inner city housing projects and not by any means a nice neighborhood. I went walking there looking for an off the beaten path place to eat. Not a good environment.

• Casino and Gambling

• April1985's Profile Photo

Bums on and under the Boardwalk

by April1985 Written Aug 28, 2006

We all remember that song by Bette Midler, "Under the boardwalk"

"Under the boardwalk, down by the sea, the sea,
    on a blanket with my baby is where I'll be.
    On a blanket with my baby is where I'll be."

Well, dont think this can happen now a days . There are "Bums" who live under the boardwalk, that wait for people to walk down on the beach at night. And when i say bums, i do not mean homeless people. Homeless people, are kind, and they dont want to hurt you, they just want a roof over their head out of the rain. A bum, is a person who doesnt care about himself. They dont want to work, because they are lazy. They dont care if they are mean, they dont care if they have to hurt someone to get what they want. They are no good, and you best stay away from them. If you get approached by a bum on the beach at night, run. because they will beat you down for 2 bucks if you've got it on you. If you get approached by one on the boardwalk, keep walking, dont even talk to them. If you talk back, they've got you by the hook, or at least they think they do.

"do you have any change, any change at all, come on you got a job, look at how nice your dressed, come on, just a dollar, come on, you can afford it"

this is what you will be followed with, and trust me - it has happened numerous times to me, especially in the summer when they are all out. I have been approached serveral times in 15 minutes just walking down the boards with my friends. Its not nice, and its not fun. Its actually kind of scary.

so, beware. If your going to the casino- dont wander down the boardwalk at night, stay in the casino - and play games, or eat at the resturants , the bums cant get you in there .

• AC is NASTY!!

by sky11768 Written Aug 26, 2006

Before you go to AC, be sure to understand that this is not Las Vegas. With the exception of Caesars and Trump Plaza, once you leave the street side of the casinos, you are in a nasty, nasty scene. Strung-out hookers fighting with their blinged-out pimps, homeless people fighting over shopping carts, crackheads sleeping on benches, barred up storefronts - you get the picture. My friend's car was broken into in the garage of the casino. Another tourist had their vehicle completely stolen while we were there. Make no mistake about it - this is a hard-life, down and out neighborhood with a dozen billion-dollar casinos slapped right in the middle. If you want luxury, relaxation, and safe fun - do it right and get on a plane to Las Vegas.

• penumbra's Profile Photo

When it stops being fun

by penumbra Written Aug 21, 2005

Bally's High Limit Slots

Atlantic City is fueled by gambling but remember that they didn’t build those hotels by giving away money. Research your favorite games before you go. Treat gambling as a form of entertainment and live within a budget for it each day. Join every casino’s player’s club and use the player’s card every time you play, even at the tables. Don’t drink too much alcohol. Slow down your play and go down a denomination. Look for coupon specials, discounts and promotions. Take frequent, non-gambling breaks. When it stops being fun, get help.

• Casino and Gambling

• Lady7's Profile Photo

Sin city.......lol!

by Lady7 Written Apr 6, 2005

AC is not a family resort, you will see your "ladies of the evening" on Pacific Ave., we have totally nude bars, a x-rated movie theater and even a swingers club, but are billed as a adult resort, and not a family town. Even our motto, "Always turned on" makes us sound a little naughty and we are! You come to AC for fun, not to entertain the kids. Go to Ocean City and Wildwood for tamer pleasures.

Police on the boards

Police on quads

You may want to behave yourself here, the cops are all over, even on quads on the boards. Just in case you do some thing wrong and you run on the beach they will be right behind you! So be careful and fly right around here. Don't get me wrong we saw plenty on drunks on the boardwalk and not being bothered, they were just loud not out of line. So you can get away with some fun.

• Beer Tasting
    • Beaches

Not for the kids!

Nude shows

Another thing that really bothered us was the amount of peep shows and adult book stores in this town. This could be rather disturbing if you have small children. The type of places are all over the city with bright neon.

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Careful where you wander off to!

Run down

There are some bad ares in this town, really run down homes, ready to fall down. We saw several complexes that had large portions of the building missing just blocks away from all the casinos. Didn't feel to safe in this part of town.

• juniperjune's Profile Photo

Beware of thugs!

by juniperjune Written Mar 21, 2005

What ever you do, do not walk off the Boardwalk. I did not know this and found out the hard way. It is not a pleasant sight, and you will be followed by thieves. Take the Boardwalk. The locals in the Casino told me once we got there that it is not safe to walk off Boardwalk. YIKES!

• Lady7's Profile Photo

After dark.

by Lady7 Written Jun 21, 2004

The city is being transformed daily from a rundown Queen into a glittering Princess, but like every city, going out in certain areas after dark will always be a little risky. Use your common sense and AC will be a safe, fun place to visit.

• rossandkelli's Profile Photo

The only parts of AC that I...

by rossandkelli Written Aug 26, 2002

The only parts of AC that I know are the boardwalk and the casino's. I hope I don't offend anyone but I personally think it's a dump. The beaches are dirty, the boardwalk is scummy, there are 'not so good people' everywhere, I don't feel safe, the streets are kinda scary and the people are rude. I guess what I'm saying is...stop in see the casino's (they are on the boardwalk so you can go out to see the nasty beach too if you want) but in general, be careful.

• windoweb's Profile Photo

If you like to gamble - work...

by windoweb Written Aug 25, 2002

If you like to gamble - work out a budget before you go. There are 13 twenty-four hour casinos. It is your choice whether it is slot machines, table games like blackjack (my personal favorite) or roulette to name a few.

• Atlantic City is not as...

by VodkaGimlet Written Aug 24, 2002

Atlantic City is not as dangerous as everyone thinks. Of course, you should be careful like on all vacations, but I guarantee you that you won't be murdered the second you step off the boardwalk. Then again there really isn't much in walking distance off of the boardwalk, so just stay on it or close to it so you don't get lost.

Instant Answers: Atlantic City

Comments

Atlantic City Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Atlantic City warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Atlantic City sightseeing.

View all Atlantic City hotels