Atlantic City Warnings and Dangers

My sister and I with pigeons c 1950

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Atlantic City

• Danger after dark

by tyjdt Written Feb 7, 2007

Me a buddy were down the street on a monday night. After leaving the boardwalk we headed back to the super 8. The streets were crawling with hookers and drug dealers. Very scary stuff. Be aware, I am a 250 pound philadelphia police officer.

BE CAREFULL

Stay off the Sand Dunes

by April1985 Written Feb 13, 2007

Sure we all are tempted to run up on a dune and play king of the mountain ! However, these dunes, are there for a special reason. They are there to keep Atlantic City safe. Please stay off the dunes, so outs city stays safe, at least from the weather that is.

Small Bag or No Bag !

by April1985 Written Feb 13, 2007

When you go into the casino's, only bring what you need to bring. Some cash, your ID, and car keys. Do not bring a huge bag, or even a medium sized bag. People will spot you out and you will become a target. Carry a wristlette, or something that can fit into your pockets, or all jokes aside, slide it into your boobage. You dont want to have to worry about pick pockets, or theives. In the casino you'll be fine, but while walking to and from the casino, and in the parking garage, beware!

Parking Garage Caution !

by April1985 Written Feb 13, 2007

When parking in a casino parking garage, find a parking spot near the elevator. Even if you wind up on the top level, do not settle for a spot that is more than a 5 second walk to the elevator. I am not joking. There are people who croutch behind cars and just wait for unsuspecting victims to attack in the parking garages, and steal everything they have, including their car. Always watch your surroundings, and dont park too far away!

Travel in Groups

by April1985 Written Feb 13, 2007

Atlantic City is a fun and exciting place, but, dont go there alone untless your meeting somewhere there. Always have a group to go with. 2 is better than 1 ! The more people you have, the safer you will be, and you will have a much better time because no one will both you !

Eye Contact

by April1985 Written Feb 13, 2007

Dont make eye contact with anyone you dont want to talk to. I think this rule goes for anywhere you travel. Atlantic City men are very bold, and they will talk to anyone. Be careful because you may just look at someone you may not want to converse with. Keep to yourself and the group you came with and you'll be fine.

• Aggressive homeless!

by xexe Updated Aug 28, 2009

There is a decent population of homeless in Atlantic City. Some are your garden variety, normal homeless(who i feel very bad for, must of whom are just down on their luck). Some are a more aggressive/crazy homeless. Most will not bother you, and if they do bother you a firm "no" will usually take care of them. However, there are a few out there that will try a little harder to get your change. Some will curse and you, some will threaten you.
    Some homeless hang out in front of stores and will ask for you change as you leave. (especially on the New York Avenue and South Carolina Avenue 7-11 stores) Also, you will find that on occasion, the homeless make their way into the casinos. Just tell a Security Officer at your casino and they usually make sure the homeless find their way out.

• Spa and Resort

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Undesirables

by cjg1 Written Aug 5, 2013

Now when I say undesirables it covers a vast array of groups: the prostitutes, the drunks, the Jersey Shore types and those just behaving badly. During our August 2013 trip to AC we came across several of these and believe it or not the worst behaved people were the women. One in particular kept lifting her skirt up at the bar to give the other patrons a "show" I guess. My wife was horrified and we moved on from there.

Basically, be prepared to see anything and everything here from anyone.

• Dizzyhead's Profile Photo

Gambling.

by Dizzyhead Written Nov 20, 2013

It can be a very bad thing if you dont have so much Money and need them for other things, and you Think the casinos in Atlantic City can help you to get some more. Forget it! Not many people go and become Winners at the casinos. A good advise is to stay away then to visit the casinos.

• Dirty as all hell

by eordos Written Aug 26, 2010

Went to AC this past weekend. I had a good time but the city is disgusting. Trash everywhere, homeless, hookers, and a lot of sketchy looking people (mostly blacks). I had a good time in the casinos but getting from one to other was awful because of all the filth one had to look at. We didn't stray from the boardwalk because a block off resembles a DC ghetto. It was my first trip there and I probably will not return. If you are going to spend money then just go to Vegas, its cleaner and the police force actually does their job in keeping societal degenerates off the strip. AC, like all of Jersey, is trashy and displaces absolutely no class at all!

• rossandkelli's Profile Photo

The only parts of AC that I...

by rossandkelli Written Aug 26, 2002

The only parts of AC that I know are the boardwalk and the casino's. I hope I don't offend anyone but I personally think it's a dump. The beaches are dirty, the boardwalk is scummy, there are 'not so good people' everywhere, I don't feel safe, the streets are kinda scary and the people are rude. I guess what I'm saying is...stop in see the casino's (they are on the boardwalk so you can go out to see the nasty beach too if you want) but in general, be careful.

• luggage stolen trumpmarina

by pattywhy Written Nov 11, 2008

On my visit to trumpmarina for 2 days my husband and i noticed some unsavory characters on the casino floor. we commented to each other how it seened more seedy thn our past visits. well on the day we were leaving my husband took our luggage down to the self parking garage to discover he had left the keys behind in the room. the suicase was large and had a wheel come off. my husband put the juggage behind the car and came back quicly to tje room to get the car keys. we rushed back to the car and our suitcase was gone. the security was not as alarmed as we were. they called the atlanticcity police and though feeling bad for us. I knew we were going home without our things. casn, expensive aniversary flutes,clothes and my wallet with all my credit cards. all gone. I guess we were to trusting of the trumpmarina. they didint call us to see if we were ok. we kept callingt the casino but nothing was done. wasnt there a cameeeeeeeera in the self parking garage. If there was no answers for our loss. dont trust the place the trumpmarina . I really mad me mad. I hope you will heed the warning .

• AC is NASTY!!

by sky11768 Written Aug 26, 2006

Before you go to AC, be sure to understand that this is not Las Vegas. With the exception of Caesars and Trump Plaza, once you leave the street side of the casinos, you are in a nasty, nasty scene. Strung-out hookers fighting with their blinged-out pimps, homeless people fighting over shopping carts, crackheads sleeping on benches, barred up storefronts - you get the picture. My friend's car was broken into in the garage of the casino. Another tourist had their vehicle completely stolen while we were there. Make no mistake about it - this is a hard-life, down and out neighborhood with a dozen billion-dollar casinos slapped right in the middle. If you want luxury, relaxation, and safe fun - do it right and get on a plane to Las Vegas.

• windoweb's Profile Photo

If you like to gamble - work...

by windoweb Written Aug 25, 2002

If you like to gamble - work out a budget before you go. There are 13 twenty-four hour casinos. It is your choice whether it is slot machines, table games like blackjack (my personal favorite) or roulette to name a few.

• behind the casino

by john09 Written Feb 11, 2008

you casn walk behind the casinos bur keep your guard up and dress the part, wear and old coat and a baseball cap over your face and keep away from crowds. behind the casinos are lots of bumbs and alike, for a good time go to the massage palors located behind the casinos. You will be greeted by a mamason and taken to a room to get ready for a table shower. Table showers by a young asiuan girla re exciting then go from there.

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Atlantic City

Comments

Atlantic City Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Atlantic City warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Atlantic City sightseeing.

View all Atlantic City hotels