Bayonne Restaurants

Enjoying my snack

Most Recent Restaurants in Bayonne

Windjammer: When you want Buffet Food

by cjg1 Updated Mar 19, 2009

Liz and her Cocoa Krispies....

The Windjammer is the cruise ship's buffet meal station. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food here is good for breakfast or for a snack. I've never been impressed with their lunch or their dinner options and prefer the main dining room.

The Windjammer has no table service. Seat yourself and then search the buffet for some grub. They have every food item imaginable for lunch and dinner to cater to the very young to the older set. Some of the stations include:pizza, burgers, sandwiches, hot dogs, asian items, pasta, chicken, turkey, hot side dishes, cold salads, fruit, desserts, bread and cheeses.
    Breakfast items include: hot and cold cereals, oatmeal, yourt, bagels, toast, muffins, pastry, pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, cheese and even dessert.

The Windjammer is open from 6am-9pm and has some beautiful views from its windows.

Favorite Dish: Liz and I have come here for breakfast which is very good. Liz gets her "usual" Cocoa Krispies and some bacon. I like to mix it up with some french toast, eggs, bacon and home fires. The apple strudel pastries are delicious and I love having a few on my plate.

We have ducked in for some snacks such as dessert, pizza or a hot dog. The pizza is prety good and they have a large selection of desserts to chose from. Liz like their hot dogs since she was in the mood for one when we were on the ship.

I do like the never ending supply of iced tea, water and lemonade at the drink station. Liz and I are big iced tea drinkers and have spent time up at Windjammer just having ice teas and watching the water from one of the many ocean view tables.

Da Gama Dining Room: Tasty Lunch

by cjg1 Updated Feb 2, 2009

Veggie Quesadilla

The dining room always has a good lunch. We normally avoid the stampede of the buffet upstairs and prefer the food quality and atmosphere of the main dining room. There is always a pasta and salad buffet in the main dining room. The chef makes custom salads tossed to your liking. There is also a hot buffet with all different varieties of pasta in sauces.

The menu choices are very good and we always enjoy the desserts.

Favorite Dish: Liz is a creature of habit and love sto have a caesar salad for lunch. It's her favorite and she really doesn't like a heavy mid day meal. I love the pulled pork sandwich and the veggie quesadilla. On this cruise I tried the pork ribs which were excellent. Our favorite part of the meal as always is dessert and our favorite is the blueberry cheesecake.

Ben & Jerry's: Enjoy some Ice Cream

by cjg1 Updated Feb 2, 2009

Liz and her Fudge Brownie Cone

Liz and I are both big Ben & Jerry's fans so we are pleased to know there is one on the cruise ship. More than once on the cruise we were in the mood for some late night ice cream so we wandered down to the Promenade deck for some delicious ice cream.

The shop doesn't have every flavor but they have a nice selection of the classic and favorite flavors. They even have ice cream bars and milkshakes. There is a nominal fee for the ice cream: $2.75 for the ice cream bars, $2.50 for the cone and $3 for the shake.

Favorite Dish: I had a cone one night and a vanilla shake the next. Liz enjoyed a cholate fudge brownie ice cream cone and the next night she had a cookie dough ice cream bar.

Cafe Promenade: Quick Snacks

by cjg1 Written Jan 29, 2009

Pepperoni Pizza

The Cafe Promenade is located right on the Royal Promenade (Deck 5). The cafe serves sandwiches, pizza, desserts, cookies and coffee all included in your package. We have stopped by here for some pizza and some snacks. The service here is very good and always friendly. You can eat in the cafe or take your food to your room.

Favorite Dish: We often come here for a slice of pizza, dessert or a cookie. We normally choose to brig it back to the room and enjoy it undisturbed. The pizza is quite good and tasty especially the pepperoni. The desserts are yummy especially the cookies.

Magellan: A Tasty Dinner

by cjg1 Updated Dec 30, 2008

Pork and mushrooms

The food in the dining room is always good and the service is excellent. We had the second seating on this cruise (8:30pm) and were seated at a table for four (even though we were only two). It was nice to have a table to ourselves and not feel obligated to make nice with other passengers during dinner. Our head waiter and assistant waiter made sure we were happy and well fed......almost too well fed.

The portions are always plentiful. Many nights we received extra entrees, desserts and appetizers without asking. The waiters wanted us to try a bit of everything. We felt bad when the "extra" food was served because we barely touched them.

Favorite Dish: The cheesecake was one of my favorite desserts on the cruise. Liz was in love with the souffle. There were so many good entrees and appetizers it is hard to narrow doen a favorite.

Instant Answers: Bayonne

Comments

Bayonne Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bayonne restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bayonne sightseeing.