Bayonne Things to Do

• Nice tile mosaic at the Solarium entrance
    Nice tile mosaic at the Solarium...
  • Things to Do
    One of the jacuzzis

Most Recent Things to Do in Bayonne

• etfromnc's Profile Photo

Russian-American Friendship

by etfromnc Updated May 4, 2009

If you have read my New York City page, you may remember that I try to generally concentrate on one or two things during each visit because I really want to get to know what I see, not just take a picture and head for the next site on my list. I received an e-mail last week which raised Bayonne to the top of my list for my next trip to the New York City area.
    I have been to Bayonne but only once deliberately. The new Monument to thr Struggle against World Terrorism Memorial at Harbor View Park which was crafted in Russia and donated to us by that nation and the monument's designer has recently raised Bayonne to the top of my "must see" New York area sites. In line with the Statue of Liberty, the Memorial is a nickel-plated tear (as in what comes from our eyes when we are sad) weighing four tons and measuring 40 feet in length. It is mounted in a tear (pronounced tair) in a steel pylon sheathed in brass. The names of those who died in the 9/11 attacks and the 1993 World Trade Center bombings are engraved on the base of the monument in a manner similar to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, DC.

The Solarium

by cjg1 Updated Mar 19, 2009

The Solarium is one of our favorite places on the ship. The Solarium first of all doesn't allow any guests under the age of 16...so no screaming kids! The Solarium is a quite retreat with a nice sized pool, two huge jacuzzi tubs, a pool bar and plenty of lounge chairs. We love the jacuzzi tubs and think it's a great way to unwind at the end of the day.

It's our custom to take a nightly dip in the jacuzzi to unwind before getting ready for dinner. We always leave fabulously relaxed and ready for the rest of the night's activities.

Liz in the jacuzzi Nice tile mosaic at the Solarium entrance One of the jacuzzis

The Palace Theatre

by cjg1 Updated Feb 2, 2009

The Palace Theatre is the main attraction onthe ship. This is where all the shows take place from comedy shoes, to theatrical/musical performances and seminars about each port of call. There are plenty of seats and each seat has a good view of the stage. The drink service in the theatre is fast and a nice touch.

• Music

The Royal Promenade

by cjg1 Written Jan 29, 2009

The Royal Promenade is on Deck 5 of the ship and is a hub bub of activity. The Promenade is where the street party happens at night which is a sight to see. The Royal Promenade has the following:The General Store, jewelry Boutique, Logo Souveniers, Perfume Shop, Sports Bar, Connoisseur Club, Crowne and Kettle, Champagne Bar, Maharaja's, Guest Relations, Explorations Desk, Ben & Jerry's, The Cafe Promenade and ATMs.

Needless to say we spend alot of time on the Royal Promenade visiting shops and lounges.

You'd never think you were on a ship..... So much to see and do.... Liz looking down on the Promenade Packed with people at night

Port Liberty

by cjg1 Updated Dec 30, 2008

Port Liberty was a very organized port. Liz's Dad dropped us off and we immediately were able to have are bags checked in. We were then qued into line to wait for the check in desk to open. We had a short wait before our passports were checked and seapasses issued. We then were seated in a waiting area with tables and chairs. Beverages and cookies were available and we had some lemonade and a cookie while we waited. Around 12pm they started calling groups to board the shuttle bus to the ship. It was a very organized process and went rather smoothly.

Waiting area Giving Mom a goodbye call.....

Instant Answers: Bayonne

Comments

Bayonne Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Bayonne things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bayonne sightseeing.