Bridgeton Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Bridgeton

• asturnut's Profile Photo

The Country Rose Restaurant: Cute place to eat at Dutch Neck Village

by asturnut Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Country Rose is located in the cute little shopping village and arborateum called Dutch Neck Village. The food and service are ok and you won't find any suprises on the menu. I don't go out of my way to eat at the Country Rose because it's a bit on the remote side and the food isn't inspiring (but I have an adventerous palate!) Most people end up at the Country Rose because they want to shop at the little country shops at Dutch Neck Village and restaurant is convenient since it's right on campus. I think the average diner will find the food at the Country Rose satisfactory but not memorable.

Dutch Neck Village also hosts festivals and craft shows throughout the year and during those events it is impossible to get a table at the tiny Country Rose. The arboreatum at Dutch Neck, which is actually how the whole place got started is often missed by visitors. As a plant lover I think the small arborateum is absolutely worth a visit.

Favorite Dish: Monday- Friday 11 AM - 8 PM
    Saturday 8 AM - 8:30 PM
    Sunday 8 AM - 6 PM

Major Credit Cards Accepted.

• asturnut's Profile Photo

n/a: Authentic Mexican Food

by asturnut Updated Jan 24, 2005
    flag of mexico

I work in Bridgeton at night, so by the time I get in town all the restaurants are closed. But I am totally curious about the several Mexican eateries that are located downtown. Bridgeton has a substantial population of Mexican migrant workers and a couple little places have sprung up to cater to them. According to my several of my co-workers the food at these places is the real-deal authentic Mexican food. I can think of 4 places right off the top of my head but don't ask me to name them. They're little tiny hole-in- the-wall luncheonettes but I'm betting the food is fab. (I can't wait to try them if I ever get off nights.) There are two places listed in the phone book, but I wouldn't bother calling because I would also bet that no one speaks working English. I suggest you take a drive down the few main drags in town and look for a place that suits you. But here's the info if you wanna give it a shot.

El Tequilitas/Beva's- 125 Commerce St 856-453-0943.
    This place has been around for a long time, but I think it has changed owners recently. Good reputation. Tiny. Parking on street. Easy to locate.

El Rodeo Bar- 500 N Pearl St 856-575-0114.
    This is a pretty new place. It looks nice from the outside, but as an emergency room employee I see what happens when the local mexicanos get to drinking and they pummel each other half to death. I would avoid any place in Bridgeton that serves alcohol as things get pretty ugly around here. If I was feeling brave I might go to this place for lunch before things heat up. I don't doubt that the food is good and you'd probably meet some interesting people, but there's other choices in town.

Like I said, take a drive, you'll see a couple cute little places that are probably a bargain and you'll get authentic Mexican eats.

Instant Answers: Bridgeton

Comments

Bridgeton Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bridgeton restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bridgeton sightseeing.