Camden Favorites

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

View of Philadelphia from Camden

by tpangelinan Written Mar 27, 2005

View of Philadelphia

Favorite thing: Check out the view of Philadelphia from the Camden waterfront. I love this view of Philadelphia, plus I see it every day on our local news. A nice thing to do is to grab lunch and come sit by the water and look at the river and Philadelphia while you eat, it's like a picnic.

• Photography

• asturnut's Profile Photo

Cooper University Medical Center

by asturnut Updated Feb 8, 2004

Cooper Hospital

Fondest memory: My fondest memory of Camden has absolutely nothing to do with travel, but I'd like to share it anyway. My best memory of Camden: waking up from my coma in a hospital bed at wonderful Cooper Hospital. They saved my life. I was heliported to the hospital when they realized I would die if I stayed at my local hospital. The medical professionals at Cooper saved my and the life of my unborn child's life. Rock on! (See, Camden's not all bad...)

More info: www.cooperhealth.org

• katmag's Profile Photo

Activity: The Battleship New...

by katmag Written Oct 4, 2002

Favorite thing: Activity: The Battleship New Jersey is the United States' most decorated battleship. It is now a floating museum on the Delaware River, right accross the river from Philadelphia. Built in 1942, it is one of the largest battleships ever built. It is over 887 feet long, and can hold over 3,000 people (crewmen), as it did during WWII. The USS New Jersey was initially involved in the Pacific stage of World War II, and went on to many great feats after that.
    More Info: A two hour guided tour costs $10 for adults, $7 for children under 12 and senior citizens, and is free for all military people with proper ID. For more info, www.battleshipnewjersey.org

Instant Answers: Camden

Comments

Camden Favorites

Reviews and photos of Camden favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Camden sightseeing.