Camden Warnings and Dangers

by katmag

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Camden

Gas Stations

by April1985 Written Aug 6, 2008

Make sure you get the amount of gas you pay for . Watch the pump . I was getting gas one day in Camden , and luckily I always have my boyfriend with me . He noticed he paid for 20 and only got 10 . What happened was , the lady behind us asked for 10 , but got 20 , we asked for 20 and got 10 ... she obviously figured out what happened and drove away . But we were going to get out extra 10 bucks worth - be observant !

Gun Shots

by April1985 Written Aug 6, 2008

I guess it depends on which part of Camden you are in . But if you hear a bag or two or three , it's either kids playing with fire crackers / fire works / or someone just shot a gun . Either way , don't try to be curious , this is not the type of place to be curious in .

• April1985's Profile Photo

Dangerous to go out alone

by April1985 Written Aug 6, 2008

Camden is a very dangerous place to be. Use the buddy system. If you are staying in Camden I don't recommend going out with out a strong man with you who is either familiar with the neighborhood or capable of protecting you. Most likely nothing will happen to you , but you never know . Better safe than sorry . This goes for day and night .

• What Camden is like

by tc322 Written Feb 28, 2008

I compile a lot of statistical data about crime in American cities and travel to them as well. From the places that i've ventured to thus far, it wasn't unusual for me to find myself in the wrong parts of many towns, however nothing compared to what i saw in Camden. This place was, by far, the most unsettling experiance in my life. I have never before felt real danger like I did. By its appearance alone, Camden looks like a typical seedy and dangerous area in Philadelphia that's gone completely wrong. I also had the honor of observing a car jacking. Bottom line is that Camden is the most dangerous, dispared cities in the U.S. Do not go to Camden!

• Seedy

by StuckInPA Written Dec 21, 2006

Camden NJ had been rated one of the worst or most dangerous cities in the nation for a couple years in a row. Of course my luck always has it that I have to get lost in every bad part of every bad city at least once. Well continuing on my 'tour',even though I live right across the bridge from Camden and I had clear directions on where I was going,somehow the 'bermuda triangle' here sucked me in and got me lost again. And let me say that I didn't even see one good part of that place while I was lost. Every street I turned on just looked worse,until finally I just picked a direction and started heading in it until things started clearing up.

• katmag's Profile Photo

Camden is one of the most...

by katmag Written Oct 4, 2002

Camden is one of the most dangerous cities in the United States. The crime rates are huge! Be very careful in this city. The area where the New Jersey State Aquarium and the USS New Jersey are located, however, are quite safe and very nice. You can park your car in one central parking lot and walk to either one of these attractions. While walking on the Delaware river's edge, you will see a beautiful, close up view of the Philadelphia skyline. Here is a nurse shark contained, quite safely, behind glass in the aquarium.

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

The Man!

by tpangelinan Written Mar 27, 2005

Police

Camden has alot of police on patrol so mind your P's & Q's, they don't let you get away with much around here. Alot of problems in this area and they are getting that under control.

Instant Answers: Camden

Comments

Camden Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Camden warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Camden sightseeing.