Cape May Nightlife

Go shopping at night
    by tpangelinan

Best Rated Nightlife in Cape May

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Sunset Beach: Gotta catch a sunset!

Sunsets

They have their own version of a Sunset Celebration down at Sunset Beach at the very bottom tip of New Jersey next to Cape May Point State Park. This is a great place to catch a sunset you can watch the sun go down over the water as the Cape May Ferries and other boats go by. Bring you camera and sit back and wait, they have a flag ceremony which celebrates fallin Vets and real casket flags from their families that are used at every sunset for the past 30 or so years. .

• Photography
    • National/State Park
    • Beaches

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

Cabanas: Drinks at the bar

by toonsarah Written Nov 30, 2008

This was our favourite post-dinner drinking spot while we were in Cape May and we came on three or four evenings. The season was coming to an end, so nowhere was particularly busy, but here there was a bit of life without it ever being very crowded. On each occasion we sat up at the bar. I can recommend the margaritas, and also enjoyed a Jack Daniels or two. Chris usually stuck to beer – they have a pretty good selection including some of his favourite lagers (though I can’t recall which, maybe because of the Jack Daniels, HIC)

There’s a Happy Hour from 3.00 – 7. PM, but we were never here that early to sample that. There’s also a menu of typical pub favourites like burgers and wings and some Caribbean specialities, but again we never ate here so I can’t comment on the food, though it looked tasty enough and people seemed to be enjoying their meals.

Dress Code: This is a pretty casual place so anything goes

Cape May Carraige Co.: Romantic Carriage ride at night

Romantic Carriage ride at night

Take a romantic carriage ride at night with your better half and enjoy the sights and history under the light of the moon. The drivers are very knowledgable about the town and it's wonderful history and are more than happy to give you these nice tid bits of info. The ride varies depending on what tour you choose but last about an hour. The carriages are very comfortable and ride rather smooth. They take you around the historic district in Cape May for some views of the most beautiful victorian home I have ever seen while explaining the history. Guys remember this, Bonus Points!

• Beaches

Washington Street Mall: Go shopping at night

Go shopping at night

Go shopping at the Washington Street Mall at night while it's cooler and the sun is not beating down on you. We found some great deals here on the mall in many stores. Most of the merchants stay open until around 9PM so there is plenty of time to shop after a hard day at the beach. You can find a lot to do here at night on the mall like shopping, a few bars, fudge shops, fresh nuts and candies, ice cream and much more. Just go park and stroll at your own pace, just enjoy the cool ocean breeze.

• Luxury Travel

Sight seeing at night: Viewing the Victorians at night

by tpangelinan Written May 30, 2005

Viewing the victorians at night

Whether you choose by car, bike, carraige, scooter or walking, viewing the Victorian Hotels and homes lit up at night is a lot of fun. This beauty is called Angel of the Sea it was built in 1850 and has 27 rooms that range from $95.00 to $315.00 a night. This hotel is more beautiful during the day. Take a ride all over town and you will see many hotels lit up at night, around Christmas they have a compitition for the most beautiful lighting and the winner gets there power bill paid for the month.

• Photography

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Cabanas.: Cabanas.

by richiecdisc Written Sep 11, 2002

Cape May is not noted for nightlife but there are a handful of places offering live music like Carney’s, the Ugly Mug, and Cabanas. The latter featured Twelve01 on Thursday nights this past summer. Fronted by singer-song writer Erik Simonson, the group features great original songs harkening back to early REM but with a sound all of it’s own. Of course, I made the trip because my brother Bob is the bass player.

• evilprebil's Profile Photo

Martini Beach: cool drinks, hot music

by evilprebil Written Aug 25, 2006

Even though the martinis are expensive here, we always end up going. The martini menu is FABULOUS and since I'm generally a beer and wine girl its nice to have a break and drink some real alcohol. The food is also good here and they have a good vibe going with the live music dark purple bar room.

Dress Code: I don't know of a dress code, but I usually try to look a bit nicer than average.

• FatesWarn's Profile Photo

The Boiler Room: Boiler Room: Great Music & Atmosphere

by FatesWarn Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is a great place to go with friends or just as a couple for live music. I have never made it past the lounge area when you first enter because it looks so inviting and it's not too loud. When you first walk in, there is a lounge area with couches and tables; the waitstaff is usually pretty good, so you don't have to go fend for yourself at the bar.
    My favorite act to see there is Frank Bey, who is usually there on Saturday nights in the summer. My best description of his style would be a combination of Ray Charles and James Brown, with a little tiny bit of George Clinton.
    The crowd is generally a mix of all ages, from the twenty-somethings up through the 50-plus crowd.

Dress Code: There doesn't seem to an enforced dress code of any kind, but most people are dressed in upscale casual attire, so you're better off following suit if you don't want to look out of place.

• Singles
    • Gay and Lesbian

• gilescorey's Profile Photo

Mayers: Not for the faint of heart...

by gilescorey Updated Oct 7, 2007
    tough love

We walked all the way from town to the harbor. In the rain. Because, of course, apparently all it does in Cape May is rain. When I'm there.

So, we had some time to kill before dinner across the street at "The Lobster House". Enter Mayers. As soon as I saw the joint, I knew to be worried. But, primed for adventure, we went on in.

This place gives "dives" a bad name. Old, seedy, populated by drunks(takes one to know one), and the exact opposite of everything Cape May represents.

LOVED it.

This is clearly a haunt for the local fishermen, offering beer to go, and with a small deck looking out towards the launch.

Dress Code: Would you believe there were black people in here? In Cape MAY!?

My friend nearly got hit in the head by a coaster and a fight broke out next to us, knocking bar stools into ours. We didn't want to look like "wusses", so we sat it out, staring into our $1.75 beers.

So, yeah. Dress code is casual.

Now, I can't vouch for the ladies, but the mens' room must be a superfund site. I would never venture in there again.

Did I mention they serve food?

• SURFIN7TH's Profile Photo

I love to fish at night. This...

by SURFIN7TH Written Sep 12, 2002

I love to fish at night. This lighthouse is the most prominent land mark from sea and this light helps to keep us of the dangerous shoals out front.

• windoweb's Profile Photo

Relaxing on the front porch

by windoweb Written Jul 20, 2004

Mike and I enjoyed sitting on the front porch in the evening having a bottle of wine and people watching.

Instant Answers: Cape May

Comments

Cape May Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Cape May nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cape May sightseeing.