A Ca Mia, Cape May

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

A Ca Mia: Some interesting flavours

by toonsarah Updated Apr 4, 2011

Tilapia with a mango and tomato salsa

This restaurant on popular Washington Street Mall specialises in Northern Italian cooking. We ate here on our first evening in Cape May and found it neither the best nor the worst of the restaurants we tried.

The restaurant has three seating areas – outside on the mall, a sun porch to one side of the main dining room, and that dining room itself. Having decided it was a bit chilly to sit outside, we were shown to a table in the porch area which was pleasant enough and seemed a little quieter than the main room where several families were eating.

Favorite Dish: We shared a mozzarella and tomato salad to start with, then Chris chose the Venezia Burger, which was topped with cheese, onion and salsa (I’m not sure how Venetian that combination is!) I had the tilapia with a mango and tomato salsa and a risotto timbale – the fish was very nicely cooked but the rice over-done and stodgy. Having had that light starter I was able to squeeze in a dessert and went for the house speciality known as Napoleon – a tasty combination of filo pastry layered with a crème brulée filling and a raspberry sauce. Meanwhile Chris restricted himself to a coffee after his more filling burger (and a taste of my dessert of course!) The restaurant operates a “bring your own” system for wine, but also has a small selection from a local supplier which can be bought on the premises, which was very helpful as we hadn’t “brought our own”. From this we chose a pleasant Merlot, and paid $80 for this and the meal, with tax.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

A Ca Mia: Try Another Italian in Cape May

by VeronicaG Updated Jan 2, 2007

A Ca Mia

It was a warm evening and we were intent on finding a decent restaurant as quickly as possible. The front desk staff at Congress Hall directed us to A Ca Mia. Happily a few tables were available in their back dining room, so we were very pleased to take our seats without a wait. Once we got to our table things slowed a bit as we waited for our order to come, but it wasn't too bad.

I had been dreaming of a juicy steak, so I ordered the Filet Mignon ($34.95). It was pricey, but delectable. It was topped with bleu cheese and accompanied by mashed potatoes and asparagus. Each part of the meal was tender and full of flavor! Before our entrees were served, a tuna pate with warm, baked bread was placed on our table. It was delicious! My husband ordered a Ravioli Sampler ($18.95) and our grandson decided to try the Penne Pasta with Marinara sauce ($9--this included a beverage and canneloni for dessert).

Although we were comfortably full at the conclusion of our meal, we shared a dessert of canneloni stuffed with ricotta cheese, chocolate chips and drizzled with raspberry sauce. ($6.95) Ummm--absolutely wonderful!

Favorite Dish: Each of our entrees were delicious.

• A Ca Mia: A Real Disappointment

by Ed000 Written Sep 1, 2008

My wife and I very recently ate at A Ca Mia, a beautifully situated restaurant on Washington Street Mall in Cape May. We'd eaten there a couple of years before and enjoyed the experience. Not so this time. My lasanga looked sickly and tasted even worse than it looked. My wife's tilapia was served sitting in a pool of water and was absoluetly tasteless.

We have never had a worse meal in what has always proved to be a great town for great food. We'll never eat at A Ca Mia again.

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Cape May

Comments

Hotels Near A Ca Mia
4.5 out of 5 stars