Places to eat in Cape May

Most Viewed Restaurants in Cape May

• FatesWarn's Profile Photo

Gecko's: Gecko's : Great Southwest Food at the Beach

by FatesWarn Updated Jun 14, 2007

Gecko's is a BYOB and an outdoor dining establishment. I dined there with three other people, which made for tight quarters at our table for four once the food started to arrive, but we were fortunately by a railing that allowed us to move things we didn't need (condiments, candles, empty glasses) and make room.
    My dining companions ordered the chips and salsa, while I ordered the Navajo Fry Bread. The salsa was very fresh (as were the chips). The Navajo Fry Bread was very unique - the best way I can describe it would be as an unsweetened funnel cake. It kind of looked like a big unfilled danish, but was topped with some sort of black bean concoction on top. It was delicious.
    For my entree I ordered the Chiles Rellenos Camerones. I love chiles rellenos at almost every Mexican restaurant I go to; the addition of shrimp to a dish with cheese is a little weird to me, but there weren't too many of them in there. This dish is made with poblano peppers, which usually aren't very hot, so they must have added additional spices, because this dish is super spicy. I found myself stealing sour cream and fajita bread from my dining companions to kill the heat - the reason I kept doing this was because, despite the heat, the dish was quite good. Two of my dining companions had the steak fajitas - I never tasted them, but they didn't leave any behind.
    For dessert I had the Key Lime Taco. The "taco shell" was a cookie, much like a pizzelle without the markings, molded into a taco shell shape. The cookie was then filled with a Key Lime mousse and topped with a touch of whipped cream. If you like Key Lime Pie, you'll love this dish.

Favorite Dish: To choose a favorite, it is a toss between the Navajo Fry Bread and the Key Lime Taco. I usually lean towards the sweet stuff, but I think I would have to choose the bread. It was a unique dish and very satisfying. If I hadn't shared it with my table, I would have been satisfied to have had that as my entree.

• Women's Travel
    • Seniors
    • Gay and Lesbian

• evilprebil's Profile Photo

Uncle MIke's hot dog cart: When you run out of money...

by evilprebil Written Aug 24, 2006

This was right ouside of our hotel, hence the picture from our balcony, but usually 'Uncle Mike' parks his cart at Beach Ave and Philadelphia. Nice, clean affordable street vendor. Good for a snack or some well needed beverages in the hot sun.

Favorite Dish: Hot dog with chili and relish. I tried the cheese dog and the cheese out of a squeeze bottle was a little too weird for me. But the chili was really good.

• Lucky Bones Restaurant: Disappointing!

by joyeve Written Aug 22, 2009

We waited an hour as they don't take reservations-which is fine if service and food had been good.
    It took us 1/2 hr after we ordered to get our appetizers, and another 1/2 hr to get our main dishes.
    My son's pizza was too crisp/part of it burnt; another meal fish and chips was terrible- worse than fast food! My filet mignon w/crabmeat had no crabmeat and was very dry, with potato and asparagus undercooked.
    We sent back 2 meals and asked to not have a replacement as we didn't want to wait another 1/2 hr! Would not recommend this place. Also, the focacio bread they brought to the table was small- not enough for 6-more like for 2!

Favorite Dish: Actually the salsa and tortilla appetizer was very tasty.

• Beaches

• gilescorey's Profile Photo

Sunset Beach Grill: Surprising Gem Right on the Beach

by gilescorey Updated Sep 28, 2007

Lil' ol Sunset Beach Grill is practically all alone at the end of Sunset Blvd and overlooks the nearly sunk Concrete Ship.

We'd walked many miles from the main town and were desperate for food and beer. Well, no beer, here. Giant spiders, yes, but no beer.

My friend had the crabcake, and posthumously declared them the best in Cape May!

I had some crazy turkey "cheesestake" or some other poorly chosen item and got what I deserved. But, if you like crabcakes, I hear these are the best on the coast.

Too many kids, though.

Favorite Dish: I hear it's the crabcakes.

View from the deck
    • Beaches

• Anders100's Profile Photo

The Lokal Diners: Don`t Miss The Diners

by Anders100 Written Sep 3, 2002

If you want to eat breakfast,brunch or lunch I rekomend the lokal diners visited many diferent and they al served a good meal for a low pay.

Favorite Dish: Philly cheas steak with hash browns and coffee

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Wilbraham Mansion and Inn
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Instant Answers: Cape May

Comments

Cape May Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Cape May locals.
Map of Cape May