Places to eat in Cape May

Pizza at The Ugly Mug
    Crab Cake Sandwich at The Ugly Mug

Most Viewed Restaurants in Cape May

• evilprebil's Profile Photo

Uncle MIke's hot dog cart: When you run out of money...

by evilprebil Written Aug 24, 2006

This was right ouside of our hotel, hence the picture from our balcony, but usually 'Uncle Mike' parks his cart at Beach Ave and Philadelphia. Nice, clean affordable street vendor. Good for a snack or some well needed beverages in the hot sun.

Favorite Dish: Hot dog with chili and relish. I tried the cheese dog and the cheese out of a squeeze bottle was a little too weird for me. But the chili was really good.

• FatesWarn's Profile Photo

Moonfish Grill: Moonfish : Overpriced, Average Food

by FatesWarn Updated May 1, 2008

Upon arriving at the Moonfish Grill, my dining partner and I were greeted by the hostess, who after showing us to our table, tells us that she is our server. I'm not sure why I thought this was so weird, but it still seems unusual to me for a nice restaurant. The service maintained that weird tone the rest of the evening. I wish I could describe it better; it wasn't poor service, but the way that the servers interacted with us was just sort of strange.
    What brought me to the restaurant was their menu - it looked very appetizing, especially the creative sushi menu. Unfortunately, the bread basket was the highlight of the meal.
    My dining partner had the Moonfish Chowder, a rich and creamy red soup, which he liked, but thought it was a bit too rich, and a little too salty. I started out with the fish taco, which was made with a crispy, delicate shell, that was delicious, but the contents, were not. The fish (grouper) was blackened, but I could not taste the blackened spices or the grouper (or anything other than the shell) due to the ridiculous amount of sodium in this dish - I found myself eating more of it, just so my weird server wouldn't ask me if there was anything wrong.
    I thought all would be well once the sushi was served, but I was mistaken. I ordered the Moonfish Roll made with grilled asparagus, mushrooms, crab, and old bay and the Flying Duck Roll made roast duck, cucumber and barbecue sauce. I was really looking forward to these unique rolls, but they were both disappointing. Unlike the "appetizer," these rolls did not taste bad, but they also did not taste as good as my supermarket's sushi, which is more than half the price. My dining partner had the Surf & Turf roll and the Spicy Tuna roll - he was equally disappointed.

Favorite Dish: I did love the bread that was served before the meal. I don't know what kind of bread it was because when I asked my server what kind of bread it was, she not only had no idea, but seemed to think that it was strange that I asked (*see above about weird service). In any event, it was a brown bread that looked like pumpernickel, but it was nothing of the sort - it had raisins in it with a nice, lightly sweet taste.

• Seniors
    • Singles

• FatesWarn's Profile Photo

Gecko's: Gecko's : Great Southwest Food at the Beach

by FatesWarn Updated Jun 14, 2007

Gecko's is a BYOB and an outdoor dining establishment. I dined there with three other people, which made for tight quarters at our table for four once the food started to arrive, but we were fortunately by a railing that allowed us to move things we didn't need (condiments, candles, empty glasses) and make room.
    My dining companions ordered the chips and salsa, while I ordered the Navajo Fry Bread. The salsa was very fresh (as were the chips). The Navajo Fry Bread was very unique - the best way I can describe it would be as an unsweetened funnel cake. It kind of looked like a big unfilled danish, but was topped with some sort of black bean concoction on top. It was delicious.
    For my entree I ordered the Chiles Rellenos Camerones. I love chiles rellenos at almost every Mexican restaurant I go to; the addition of shrimp to a dish with cheese is a little weird to me, but there weren't too many of them in there. This dish is made with poblano peppers, which usually aren't very hot, so they must have added additional spices, because this dish is super spicy. I found myself stealing sour cream and fajita bread from my dining companions to kill the heat - the reason I kept doing this was because, despite the heat, the dish was quite good. Two of my dining companions had the steak fajitas - I never tasted them, but they didn't leave any behind.
    For dessert I had the Key Lime Taco. The "taco shell" was a cookie, much like a pizzelle without the markings, molded into a taco shell shape. The cookie was then filled with a Key Lime mousse and topped with a touch of whipped cream. If you like Key Lime Pie, you'll love this dish.

Favorite Dish: To choose a favorite, it is a toss between the Navajo Fry Bread and the Key Lime Taco. I usually lean towards the sweet stuff, but I think I would have to choose the bread. It was a unique dish and very satisfying. If I hadn't shared it with my table, I would have been satisfied to have had that as my entree.

• Gay and Lesbian
    • Women's Travel
    • Seniors

• Anders100's Profile Photo

The Lokal Diners: Don`t Miss The Diners

by Anders100 Written Sep 3, 2002

If you want to eat breakfast,brunch or lunch I rekomend the lokal diners visited many diferent and they al served a good meal for a low pay.

Favorite Dish: Philly cheas steak with hash browns and coffee

Angel of the Sea
Latest: Jun 29, 2014
Wilbraham Mansion and Inn

Instant Answers: Cape May

Comments

Cape May Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Cape May locals.
Map of Cape May