The Italian Garden, Cape May

Know about this? Rate It!

• The Italian Garden
    by VeronicaG
  • VeronicaG's Profile Photo

The Italian Garden: Soaps and Scents

by VeronicaG Written Aug 13, 2009

When we travel I love collecting scented soaps--each time I use them, I think of the place in which I found them. The Italian Garden is a new shop to me, as I've never stumbled upon it on our many visits to Cape May.

It's not on the main street or pedestrian mall, but actually on the street behind the mall. Once inside, a potpourri of scents greet you.

Imported from Italy, hand and body treatments, massaging oils, perfumes, deodorant sprays, face tonics and masks, cleansers, bath foam and shelf after shelf of luxurious soaps accompanied by foams, creams and moisturizers all in the same scents are appealingly displayed.

Lavender, honeysuckle, rose, lily of the valley, green tea, tea and cedar, sandalwood, oak moss, magnolia, vanilla and ginger are just some of the soaps. Scented candles, men's toiletries and anti-aging products can also be found here. You can be sure, I'll be stopping by again when visiting Cape May in the future.

Hours are daily 10am-9pm in summer; weekends in Fall, Winter Spring. Telephone orders taken.

What to pay: moderately priced

• Singles