Art Shows, Cape May

• starship's Profile Photo

Art Show on the Boardwalk

by starship Updated Jan 28, 2014

Me one day???

I'm not sure if it is still a yearly event, but Cape May used to host art shows every spring on the oceanfront boardwalk (promenade). You'll see pictured here a "soft-sculpture" of an elderly couple that almost looks real! I once passed up buying an interesting little painting which was unusual but so appealed to me---I always regretted my decision not to buy it!

This enjoyable boardwalk art show is hopefully still a yearly event as are many other free events such as concerts at the gazebo just behind the pedestrian mall. Another popular yearly event which is held every summer is the "house tour." Several houses and bed & breakfast cottages throw open their doors for tours. This is actually a fundraiser with tickets being sold to benefit a local cause. Tickets are sold around town and at the kiosk at the end of the pedestrian shopping mall in the center of town.

• starship's Profile Photo

I Let This One Slip Away

by starship Updated Jul 5, 2005

The Passing Parade

Here is another example of the artwork to be found during the outdoor, art shows on the Cape May boardwalk. I found this painting very appealing. This lady and her furry companions watch out of an apartment window as a parade passes by below. I always felt as if this is a scene from Philadelphia as they have alot of parades!!

I loved this painting and I don't know why I didn't buy it --no money I guess!

Instant Answers: Cape May