Cape May Court House Travel Guide

• Things to Do
    by richiecdisc

Cape May Court House Things to Do

by richiecdisc Written Oct 4, 2002

Though it started out as a mere petting zoo, this local wonder has become a truly world class zoo with close to 200 species and a great open feel to the exhibits. You'll marvel as you walk through what seems like natural habitat and yet somehow manages to keep the animals within view.

Cape May Court House Hotels

Satisfaction: Excellent

Good for: Families

Cape May Court House Restaurants

by richiecdisc Written Oct 4, 2002

Not much in the way of food available at the park but his little guy didn't have any problem finding something. There is a small concession at the zoo selling beverages and snacks, but the best thing to do is bring a picnic or better yet, a full blown bbq as there are bbq pits conveniently provided free of charge.

Cape May Court House Transportation

by richiecdisc Written Oct 4, 2002

The easiest way to get there is by car, it's the US and mass transit is never quite what you need or expect. There is however a tourist scenic train that runs from Cape May to the County park via Historic Cold Springs Village.
    The park is best explored on foot with lots of great shaded areas to keep you out of the hot summer sun.

Cape May Court House Off The Beaten Path

by richiecdisc Written Oct 4, 2002

One of the original disc golf courses in the country is located at the park as well. Bring a Frisbee and play for free.

Cape May Court House Favorites

by richiecdisc Written Oct 4, 2002

Favorite thing: Visit the County Park Zoo which will suprise you with it's top notch exhibits and price tag, it's free!

Fondest memory: I have had numerous good times out at the park generally revolving around a bbq, but now my biggest smile will always be reserved for VT. I never took any photos of the park in all the years I’ve been there, it’s just a place you go and doesn’t seem “worthy” of such preservation I guess. But VT gave me some purpose to snap a few photos and driving by one day I noticed the pretty gazebo out on the large pond and stopped in with my camera in tow. I was happy with the results but wasn’t so sure where to put them, there really wasn’t enough for a true page but they didn’t belong in any of the city pages I’d done. One night after a few beers I had the brilliant idea of starting a page on the park itself and utilize the fact that VT provides a listing for just about every small town in the US. I posted the photo and put a big UNDER CONTRUCTION at the top and waited for another day to finish it, after I got some more photos to flesh it out. As with such endeavors, I never got around to finishing the roll of film in my camera and months later there they both were, an unfinished roll of film and the embarrassing page that people had already started to rate. Rightfully I received a few jabs from VT friends about the page not ever being done with the funniest going to Pinoy, who quipped about my “loss of funding” for the project. Well, I finished the roll finally and now I will put this shameful excuse for a page to rest. It’s not much of a page, but it’s a beautiful and peaceful place. If you’re ever in South Jersey, it’s well worth the effort to make your way there.

Instant Answers: Cape May Court House

Comments

Cape May Court House Travel Guide
Map of Cape May Court House