Ellis Island Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Ellis Island

• icunme's Profile Photo

The Ellis Island Cafe: The immigrants had nothing like this

by icunme Updated Mar 28, 2007

A very limited menu here - American and ethnic food, coffee bar and smoothies. The cafe has indoor seating and an outdoor deck that overlooks the Statue of Liberty, American Immigrant Wall of Honor, and lower Manhattan.

Favorite Dish: Smoothies

• Allikatac's Profile Photo

Expensive cafeteria!!

by Allikatac Written Mar 21, 2006

The cafeteria at Ellis Island has very pricey food. Most of the selections are fast food (their value meals were $9). They did have a coffee/bakery cart and a fudge cart(which did have some really good fudge). I would suggest eating a big breakfast and bringing a pack of crackers or granola bar to tide you over until after the tour.

• Liberty House Restaurant: It's okay, but there is better

by DonnaBella Written Aug 1, 2005

Although we had a great day to sit outside and enjoy their view of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty, that was about all we enjoyed. We were there for brunch, which was NOT a buffet, but a menu. Big deal. A menu. That's a brunch?

My boys are calamari LOVERS. This one was cooked in peanut oil, and they did not like it. (I could not taste it, as I am allergic to nuts and oils from nuts.)

Our waitress only okay. I did not know she was our waitress, and had to ask her if she was. She never said hello, but stood there.

We all had hamburgers. Took TOOOOOO long to get our meals, too. Must have been at least 45 minutes for our hamburgers. (What did they have to go kill a fresh cow for it, or something?)

Skip this place if you are into REALLY good food. But if youl ooking to sit outside, and eat around the scenery, then this is for you.

Favorite Dish: I only had a hamburger, as I have severe (life-threatening) allergies.

Avoid deep-fried calamari, as they fry it in peanut oil. YUCK!

Instant Answers: Ellis Island

Comments

Ellis Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ellis Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ellis Island sightseeing.