Hillsborough Travel Guide

Hillsborough Restaurants

• cjg1's Profile Photo
    Tuna Melt with Fries (June 2010) 4 more images

by cjg1 Updated Jun 22, 2010

My wife and I have stopped at this diner numerous times while on roadtrips headed south. The diner is the basic run of the mill diner on a busy street in town. The outside and interior is nothing fancy but the food here is very good and the prices are inexpensive.

We often stop here for dinner or late lunch when passingthrough and always find good food and friendly service. The diner serves the typical breakfast, lunch and dinner food along with their daily specials.

Their Gyro here is quite nice with good meat and tasty fries. Their tuna melt is a huge portion of tuna heaped on bread with gobs of melted cheese. It is served with coleslaw, fries and a pickle. I have yet to finish an entire portion of this yet..... My wife usually gets her favorite; grilled cheese and frecnh fries which they serve with a pickle and cole slaw. On occasion she has had their french onion soup and mozzarella sticks. The french onion soup is very good and well seasoned; I was glad to have tried it.

I like the fact that the portions are good, the food quality is excellent and I never have to ask for a refill; it magically appears. This diner will continue to be a stop for us on any road trip that brings us into this part of New Jersey.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

by cjg1 Updated Jun 21, 2010

My wife and I often find ourselves travelling through this part of New Jersey on a roadtrip. IHOP is just one of those places you have to stop when you want breakfast food.

IHOP is IHOP. You know what you're going to get; after all it's a chain. When you want a good breakfast, IHOP rarely dissapoints with their food quality and portions. Whether it's pancakes, french toast, waffles or eggs you won't leave hungry.

The Banana strawberry pancakes are quite nice and I also like their omlettes. My wife usually goes for the french toast or belgian waffles. Their home fries are my favorite here and their bacon is always good.

Service at this particular location definitely needs mentioning; it is that exceptional.

• Hillsborough Hotels

3 Hotels in Hillsborough

84 Reviews and Opinions

Instant Answers: Hillsborough

Comments

Hillsborough Travel Guide
Map of Hillsborough