Long Branch Restaurants

• My yummy philly cheesesteak and cheese fries
    My yummy philly cheesesteak and cheese...
    by Gypsystravels
    Ferni's chicken fingers and fries
    Cool wall decorations

Most Recent Restaurants in Long Branch

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory: Decadent dark chocolate bear claws!

by Gypsystravels Updated Jun 16, 2009

Dark Chocolate Bear Claws

The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory is a "chain style" sweet shop specializing in all sorts of chocolate goodies, they also carry a nice selection of ice cream as well as those delicious caramel and other flavored coated apples.

We had just finished walking off our dinner and decided to pop in here to see what they had. I decided I wanted the "chocolate bear claws" yum, it's a huge piece of chocolate with yummy caramel and nuts I also had a few pieces of dark chocolate covered graham cookies for a quick snack later on in the evening.

Their prices can be steep, so watch out!

Favorite Dish: I ordered some dark chocolate (my favorite chocoate) bear claws and a few pieces of the dark chocolate covered graham crackers!

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Stewart's Root Beer: Old world style 50's diner

by Gypsystravels Updated Jun 16, 2009

My yummy philly cheesesteak and cheese fries

We arrived at Long Branch in the early evening after checking into our hotel from a few hours of driving. This particular restaurant was not too crowded and we wanted something quick and yummy to eat.

The restaurant is decorated in the 50's diner style with orange booths and neon decorations. We were tempted to seat out doors, but it was starting to get a bit chilly and we decided to just eat inside. We were taken to a really nice booth and handed our menus. The menu was quit extensive with the usual diner style dishes ranging from burgers, sandwiches, paninis, salads, fries and of course milkshakes and floats!! They had a nice selection of beers on tap as well.

I was pretty hungry but knew I didn't want a burger, so I ordered their version of the "philly cheese steak" with cheese fries, yum!! Ferni usually sticks to the same foods and decided to have the chicken fingers (he loves his chicken fingers) with fries and a coke.

We didn't have to wait too long for our meals to come out which were pipping hot, delicious and very inexpensive.

We definintely would visit this place again, and maybe I'll try their burger next time.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the Philly Cheese steak with onions and peppers and a side of cheese fries. I decided to have a beer and ordered a Blue Moon on tap. Ferni is quite predicable when it comes to food and he ordered the chicken fingers with regular fries and a coke.

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

Rooney's: and sit out on the deck

by davecallahan Updated Mar 13, 2007

stock photo of dining area

the house specialty is seafood.

It's a nice warm evening with a beautiful ocean view so let's sit out on the veranda.
    I like the Surf and Turf or the Clams; my wife likes fresh fish, preferably Halibut.
    Manhattan Chowder and a small salad to begin (after ordering the salutory mixed drink); and a dish of ice cream with chocolate sauce to finish. Top off with a cup of coffee and a doggy bag for the left overs and you have had a fine evening.
    ooops I forgot to mention.... that's gonna cost you $40 a person; but what the heck you wouldn't have come here unless you had deep pockets anyways.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

McCloone's Pier House: Restaurant With A View

by VeronicaG Updated Jun 22, 2006

McCloone's

One of the first restaurants to open at Pier Village was McCloone's. It sits on the shore on the Atlantic Ocean on the New Jersey Coast. An outdoor deck affords a fantastic view of the waves for miles!

I have visited McCloone's twice, both times the service was painfully slow. By the time my meal arrived, I was feeling irritated and put upon. My most recent visit was for lunch with friends. I ordered a Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, which admittedly was delicious. Unfortunately, the slow service remained utmost in my mind.

McCloone's is owned by a very generous man who does many charity events. For this reason, I would try this restaurant again. The view is marvelous, but...patience is required when dining in this establishment.

UPDATE: A friend and I revisited McCloone's outdoor dining area for a light lunch of California Roll (A delicate ring of rice wrapped around crisp, raw vegetables) and a refreshing glass of ice tea. Not only was our service prompt, but a nice change from my usual Caesar salad or quesadilla I've ordered elsewhere. It was also delivered with a smile!

Favorite Dish: The Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad was very good--the chicken was tender and the salad was not dripping in dressing.

Instant Answers: Long Branch

Comments

Long Branch Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Long Branch restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Long Branch sightseeing.