Morristown Restaurants

by seamandrew

Most Recent Restaurants in Morristown

• Nine Thai Cuisine: Nine Thai Has Highs and Lows

by apskip Written May 31, 2013

It was a celebration of my wife's birthday and I chose a local Thai restaurant because they have her favorite cuisine. Nine Thai Cuisine is located on the eastern edge of a full block strip mall in Chatham Township NJ, one town over from Morristown. The meal started with a propitious note with the 9 Thai sampler (I learned decades ago to always order the dishes that the restaurant's name are on). It included 2 each of: spring rolls, chicken satay, ravioli, curry puffs and a small mound of noodles. 3 different sauces (cucumber, peanut and duck) accompanied it. My wife ordered red snapper under the GRILLED SEAFOOD option and I ordered a SEAFOOD
    COMBINATION of 2 small shrimp, one large scallop and numerous squid in a Hot Pot with delicious broth and vegetables. I was very happy with what I got, but my wife's theoretically grilled snapper came with a nice crust that indicated that it had to be fried. When my wife discussed this with our waitress, we were told that frying is really considered grilling in Thailand. So the conclusion is DON'T EVER ORDER ANYTHING LISTED AS GRILLED IN THIS RESTAURANT or you will be bitterly disappointed. I recommend to the management that they relist this dish as the fried food that it is. I got a small piece of it and it was delicious, but my wife's dining experience was ruined at that point. We had been asked if we wanted white or brown rice and we selected brown assuming that they were both included. When the bill came, brown rice had a $2 each surcharge. I felt tricked, but that brown rice was sure good as a soup combined with the broth left from my dish. My wife was given dessert options and chose a mango sticky rice that she liked and I had a mango smoothie that was delicious. The total bill with tax and tip came to $80, a little pricey but consistent in this area with quality Thai food. If the management wanted to assure me that they had fixed their categorization of fried food and really had a grilled red snapper dish, I would go back and eat there again.

Favorite Dish: 9 Thai Sampler - 2 each of 5 different small appetizers plus 3 sauces

• Famished Frog: A Positive Dining Experience

by apskip Written Apr 23, 2013

This restaurant is located at 18 Washington St. 1/2 block from the southwest corner of the Morristown Green. It has been around for all of the 15 years I have lived in the Morristown area, but this was my first visit. It happened on the first night of Morristown Restaurant Week 2013 so a special prix fixed menu was offered and it was the reason I selected Famished Frog. The regular menu has a wide array of appetizers, salads and entrees. My choice of appetizers was French onion soup (my dining companion choose that and liked it) or Caesar salad (I chose that and was happy). Both of us chose tilapia baked in a crust with a mound of yellow rice and julienned carrots and other vegetables (I liked it; my dining companion did not). The dessert was a spectacular hot apple crisp in a canoe-shaped dish with vanilla ice cream melting. I was totally satisfied with my dining experience, but the entrees on the menu might not draw me back here under other circumstances. This restaurant is huge and does a large business for families with children. It also has a sports bar in the back.

Favorite Dish: hot apple crisp with melting vanilla ice cream - it was off the charts in taste

• Raul's Empanada House: Empanadas Ecellante!

by rockycomfort Updated Feb 18, 2009

Even if you thought you didn't like empanadas, you'll like Raul's. Over 2 dozen "flavors", incl. 5 sausage w/lime; Hawaiin (ham/pineapple);5 cheese; shrimp...all priced from $2. to $3.65--yumbo! There are even 9 dessert empanadas. Something for everyone, vegans included. Its as much a take out as eat-in place, really one-of-a-kind and excellent cure for a hangover!

• Study Abroad

• seamandrew's Profile Photo

Moghul: Sophisticated Indian Cuisine

by seamandrew Written Mar 1, 2004

Picture from www.moghul.com

For lunch, Moghul offers the guest an excellent opportunity to try many traditional Indian dishes by providing a lunch buffet service for a very affordable price. In the evenings, it becomes much more sophisticated with much more elaborate dishes.

I have only visited during lunch and each time has been superb. The guest certainly gets their money's worth here and samples a variety of finely prepared dishes.

Favorite Dish: Dishes vary from day to day, but they have an excellent lamb dish. I forget the name though. It's Lamb Skewers in a tomato based sauce.

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Morristown

Comments

Morristown Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Morristown restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Morristown sightseeing.