North Wildwood Travel Guide

• Favorites
    by richiecdisc

North Wildwood Things to Do

• The beach.

North Wildwood offers one of the nicest beaches on the New Jersey coast with a flat firm surface perfect for long walks or tossing a Frisbee around and a back drop of rugged dunes for scenic enhancement and to keep the beach from blowing away in stormy conditions.

• Hereford Inlet Lighthouse.

Built in 1874, this Victorian wonder is scenically situated on a seawall walk and is surrounded by a lovely lush garden.

• North Wildwood Hotels

Satisfaction: Excellent

Good for: Business

North Wildwood Restaurants

• Watch Out for Pitfalls

Too quick -- our waiter wanted our order as soon as we sat down -- he got so frustrated he sent a woman over to handle us. 4 adults 4 children She was ok i guess.but when food was sat all around my husband she screamed OH MY GOD!! as if he were eating it all!! Really tacky to say the least!! It's just that with all of us getting the food of the...

• Great Food

The diner is clean and friendly -- very busy --- but you are immediately seated and waited on. The food is good and the prices are reasonable. They also oil paintings hanging in frames in which you can purchase I did for $29 and it is a very memorable souviner of the beach and fishing there. Not a bad price when you look on the boardwalk and...

• Best Hotdog On The Island

Maui's Doghouse looks like a little food stand. but it the hotdog from Germany that is so Good,in fact you can get them 29 different ways. The food is so goood and you won't get the indigestion you would normally get from eating a hotdog. Try the potato balls for another real treat!! You won't be disappointed. My favorite was the potato balls deep...

• Biggest and Best Hoagie

We ordered three cheese steak hoagies and I can not tell you how big these are but you will be astonished!! They were awesome and very large!!! The best part is that it was only 12.oo dollars and well worth every delicious bite!!! Try these if your there or going Russos is GREAT!!! Best hoagie on the island!!! Great steak and fresh vegies. Also...

• The Triangle.

Huge portions and one of the best deals on the island though you will have to wait in line. Veal parmesian.

• Piro's Village Restaurant.

Great family run restaurant with ample portions and not only the best Italian food on the island, but also the best seafood. Broiled seafood combination or lobster fra diavlo.

North Wildwood Nightlife

• Jimmy's.

This is the former Red Garter which was a fun old place that had string bands and sing-a-longs. You'd only go there once or twice a summer but it was always great fun especially after the annual sandbar party. Now, it's been converted into a bar that showcases local alternative rock bands. Always packed, always loud, always fun.

• Echo's.

Another great shore bar that plays classic old dance tunes, just what you want to hear at the shore on a Friday night.

• Moore's Inlet.

Great outdoor patio bar with live music in the afternoon and at night the overflow crowd from the packed inside oval bar and way too small dance floor.

North Wildwood Transportation

by richiecdisc Written Oct 4, 2002

Located 90 minutes from Philadelphia and 2 1/2 hours from New York City by car. Buses are available as well. Closest airport is Atlantic City.
    Small enough to walk most places, the Boards are full of bikers in the morning hours before 11 am.

North Wildwood Shopping

• by littlespitfire Updated Jul 24, 2006

Newly remodeled. but did save us many dollars with all the sales. Anyone staying for 7 days or more can't possibly eat out all the time. Great bargains and instead of buying on the boardwalk saved a bundle and got exactly what we wanted.

What to buy: There are many beach items in Acme that is far more cheaper than buying right at the beach== thus saving money to but what the kids want.

What to pay: pretty low prices and lots of sales

• Beaches

North Wildwood Local Customs

by richiecdisc Written Oct 4, 2002

You're gonna spend a lot of time with next to no clothes on so why not get a good workout in before you hit the beach. My favorite is the the Exercise Room located at 10th & New Jersey. It's a great local gym with friendly staff and perhaps the only gym I've ever worked out at where people put the weights back where they belong.

North Wildwood Warnings and Dangers

by richiecdisc Updated Oct 4, 2002

Please stay off the dunes, they have done a great job in preserving out great beaches while other Jersey shore towns have steadily lost theirs.

North Wildwood Tourist Traps

by richiecdisc Written Oct 4, 2002

No, this may look like a trap of sorts, but it is in fact a disc golf basket and North Wildwood has one of the few courses built right on the beach.

North Wildwood What to Pack

by richiecdisc Written Oct 4, 2002

Miscellaneous: You can never pack enough memories from the great summers at the Jersey shore. Here's my Dad and I in one of those hokey photo booths where you got four photos for a dollar. Oh those Wildwood days....

North Wildwood Off The Beaten Path

• From a park nearby, happy...

From a park nearby, happy sounds from a carousel. You can almost taste the hotdogs and french fries they sell. Under the boardwalk, down by the sea. On a blanket with my baby is where I'll be.

• The wetlands just behind North...

The wetlands just behind North Wildwood is a gentle and beautiful place that harkens you back to a time when canoe-clad Indians navigated this wonder of nature and land of plenty for food.

• Ask a Question

Got a question about North Wildwood? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

North Wildwood Favorites

by richiecdisc Written Oct 4, 2002

Favorite thing: Walk along the seawall, known as the rocks, past the lighthouse. This walk can be extended into a lovely beach stroll too.

Fondest memory: North Wildwood came up with some ideas to lengthen the summer season and one of the most successful has been the Irish Festival, a weekend showcasing Irish culture in song, dance, food, and drink. They block off the busiest club section of town and set up tents with live bands and food and beer vendors. It’s a three-day party that finds the streets full of fun seekers enjoying a last hurrah of summer. An added bonus is they let you walk the streets while drinking and you can go from one pub to the next carrying your beer from the previous place. Last year, we decided to use a friend’s place that is essentially right at the festival as headquarters and bought a keg and made up some Jell-o shots. We nearly finished the keg by four in the afternoon and decided to head over to Echo’s, a club that plays Motown and other dance classics. We’d done the Irish music thing many times and thought it might be nice for a change, at least for a short time. I crammed a few of the Jell-o things in my pockets, filled my beer and headed over. It was early but it was already packed and we were lucky to get a spot next to the dance floor. Fueled by ample beer and numerous Jell-0 shots, we were making our presence known with loud raucous behavior. There was a group of girls dancing right in front of us and my buddy kept saying that one of them was really checking me out. Of course he always does this to me, and me being the shy guy I am, rarely does much about it, but this time would be different. I had already noticed her roving eyes and she was checking me out and was really cute to boot. I walked up and started dancing with her for a few songs until someone cut in on us. I went back to my comrades but she kept motioning over as if to say, “come and rescue me from this guy.” So, back I went and we just got wilder from there. First with crazy dancing and finally with brazen kissing and grinding of each other. It got so intense that I heard calls of “get a room!” shouted across the dance floor. We must have been out there for more than an hour. Finally we went to the bar for a drink and she explained that she was just down for the day and had to leave with her friends pretty much immediately. After one last kiss goodbye, she walked off; her devilish eyes meeting my sheepish and disappointed smile in well-timed glances, as I was left with thoughts of what could have been. Ah, I never had much luck with the Irish, but I’d thought for sure this time I’d get lucky at the Irish Festival. ;=>

Instant Answers: North Wildwood

Comments

Explore Deeper into North Wildwood
Keenan's.