Paramus Travel Guide

by cjg1

Paramus Things to Do

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

by Donna_in_India Written Sep 9, 2013

Paramus Park Mall is the little sister of the Garden State Plaza. Anchored by department stores Macy's and Sear's there are just over 100 stores total. You'll find stores in the following categories: electronics/toys/games, clothing, accessories, shoes, home goods, jewelry, cards/gifts, health/beauty. There is a food court and a couple of other casual restaurants. There is also a very popular indoor children's playground.

There is no sales tax on clothes/shoes in New Jersey. Paramus still has a "blue law" so the mall is closed on Sundays. Open Monday - Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

by Donna_in_India Written Sep 9, 2013

Paramus is the shopping Mecca of New Jersey and with over 300 stores the Garden State Plaza is Paramus' biggest mall. The mall started out in the 1960's as an open-air mall. Today there are hundreds of stores/kiosks, a food court as well as full service restaurants, a double-decker carousel, and a multiplex - 16 theatesr.

The main anchor department stores are: Macy's, Neiman Marcus, Lord & Taylor, JC Penney, and Nordstrom. Along with those and an Apple store, you'll find stores in the following categories: electronics/toys/games, clothing, accessories, shoes, home goods, jewelry, cards/gifts, health/beauty, and just about anything else you are looking for!

Two of the nicer restaurants attached to the mall are Capital Grille (expensive, but excellent steak) and Papa Razzi (Italian).

Around Christmas you will be hard-pressed to find a parking spot. If you run out of patience, valet parking is available (for a cost).

There is no sales tax on clothes/shoes in New Jersey.

Paramus still has a "blue law" so the mall is closed on Sundays. Open Monday - Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. The restaurants (not the food court) are opened on Sundays.

• Onceuponastar's Profile Photo

by Onceuponastar Written Oct 20, 2005

If you're not from around here you'll probably be amazed at the sheer amount of malls and shopping centers. If you're looking for a store, chances are it'll be in this town. If you travel on Routes 4 and 17, those are the main highways going around. The bulk of the malls and centers are on these roads, so you can't miss them. Beware though, on a Saturday midday, going on either road could be endagering your life. The traffic is crazy. But if you're in the area, and have some time to spare, it's worth it to hit up the shopping area.

Paramus Hotels

Paramus Shopping

• cjg1's Profile Photo

by cjg1 Updated Jan 29, 2013

My wife and I were at the Westfield Garden State Plaza for an afternoon of shopping. We decided to stop into Michael Kors to check out a bag my wife had her eye on online but wanted to see in person before buying. Michael Kors is a favorite store of my wife's and she is always on the lookout for her next "new" item. She has several bags, sunglasses and shoes of this brand.

I have to say the customer service in the store was lacking for a high end store. No one greeted us or asked if we needed assistance for at least ten minutes; even with my wife picking up various bags throughout the store. Finally a young salesgirl came out from the store room and asked if we needed assitance...why yes we did. My wife was intered in their Jet Set Travel tote but was unsure of the color she wanted. She was stuck between a bright pink and an aqua blue. After trying them both she went for the bright pink(I thought it was the right choice). After talking to the sales girl she decided to get the version of the bag that had a zipper insert for a tablet/laptop. I thought that made it an even better bag for travel and not just an everyday bag.

With her choice made, the sales girl went into the back to retrieve a new bag for my wife. We went to the cashier and paid for our purchase; making my wife happy to have a new bag from one of her favorite stores.

What to buy: Shoes, sungrasses, bags and accessories.

What to pay: It depends on the style, size and fabric of the item. I've paid as little as $200 for a bag and as much as $800. This bag in particular came to $315 with tax.

Jet Set Travel Tote with computer insert

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

by gordonilla Written Oct 29, 2011

Located 8 miles from Manhattan, the shopping centre has a history of some fifty years.

With five anchors and almost 300 shops, the mall is spread over 2.1 million square foot.

It is one of the Westfield Group of shopping centres which span the globe.

the one downside seemed to be there was no Bookstore of any description.

What to buy: I was able to enjoy all my favourite stores at some better prices than I can in the UK. I was able to shop in Old Navy, Aeropostale and of course Abercrombie and Fitch.

Some of these only exist in the USA and the others are much cheaper to shop in than their UK based stores.

So in my case it was clothes, clothes and more clothes.

Signage Westfield Garden State Plaza Interior (1) Interior (2) Interior (3)

• Paramus Hotels

8 Hotels in Paramus

Paramus Off The Beaten Path

• kunchik's Profile Photo

by kunchik Written Oct 4, 2002

We hired Mariachis to serenade my Mom for her birthday! Probably first time they ever sang at a Russian party or in Paramus, NJ!!!

Instant Answers: Paramus

Comments

Paramus Travel Guide
Map of Paramus