Point Pleasant Beach Travel Guide

mommy and baby!
    by nicolettart
    Sophia loves to people-watch.
    by nicolettart
  • Public Beach entrance during a cloudy day.
    Public Beach entrance during a cloudy...
    by mafootje

Point Pleasant Beach Things to Do

• mafootje's Profile Photo
    Boat inside Jenkinson's Aquarium

by mafootje Updated May 5, 2003

Because the weather wasn't at it's best the day we visited Point Pleasant we decided to go to the Aquarium. The entrance fee was reasonable. Once inside we walked past the exhibits, they have sharks, seals, gators, penquins and more.

The aquarium isn't very large but the entrance fee is reasonable $ 8,00 for adults, seniors and children pay $ 5,00.

The aquarium which opened in 1991 is part of Jenkinsons boardwalk which has all sorts of entertainment.

They only close on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day.

Picture taken june 14, 1998

• Aquarium

Point Pleasant Beach Hotels

Point Pleasant Beach Restaurants

• nicolettart's Profile Photo
    my brother Al

by nicolettart Written Aug 29, 2003

A fun place to hang out. You can have sushi, burgers, pizza, shellfish, and more! You can have a drink outside among the fake palm trees, with a gorgeous view of the Atlantic Ocean!
    Live bands on Sunday afternoons.

Point Pleasant Beach Nightlife

• feline01's Profile Photo

by feline01 Written Oct 4, 2002

Where else can you sit under fake palm trees on pier that hangs over the Atlantic Ocean, drinking yummy alcoholic beverages, listening to decent music and becoming participants in a webcam???

Dress Code: Beach, sand, what do you think?

Point Pleasant Beach Transportation

• nicolettart's Profile Photo

by nicolettart Written Aug 29, 2003

The Parkway Exit is 98--you can park at your hotel, or at one of the lots, which I noticed was charging $10.00 for the day. After some time I was able to find a spot down one of the side streets (not metered!)--I was lucky.

Point Pleasant Beach Shopping

• Gifts and chocolates

This is a wonderful shop, located at 715 Arnold Avenue; they offer a wide variety of chocolate, salt water taffy, children's candy, dog treats and wonderful gifts for everyone. This shop is reasonably priced and always filled with fun, new items. the people that work there are friendly and helpful. It is a great shopping experience. Saltwater...

• Saltwater Taffy

If you are looking for a local Jersey shore souvenir, buy saltwater taffy. It's a chewy sweet candy nicely packaged, and not salty at all! It is a bit overpriced, though, in my opinion! $6.50 a box

• Point Pleasant Beach Hotels

12 Hotels in Point Pleasant Beach

407 Reviews and Opinions

Point Pleasant Beach Warnings and Dangers

• by goober8196 Written Aug 20, 2008

We had a very unpleasant experience renting from Diane Turton Realtors in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ. Four beach passes were supposed to be included with our weekly rental, but when we checked in, we were told that they would not be given to us as promised. The rental manager said that they would not honor their promise and told me that there was nothing that I could do about it. Beware!!!!!

Point Pleasant Beach Tourist Traps

• by BeachBabe95 Written Jan 9, 2008

If you are a benny (a visitor to a place) dont upset the locals. If you want to do something stupid think first if you would like it if people did it in your town. Now i understand people find it the in thing to do on vacation get drunk but dont if you are know for doing something stupid drunk. Locals will get upset. If they see someone drunk getting into a car they will most definitaly call the cops.

Point Pleasant Beach Favorites

• The beachside houses

They have been made in a style which reminds me more of an english town then a town in the US. Their pointy dark roofs and the white walls are not seen that much in the us so far as i know. Picture taken summer of 1998

• Beach Badges/Wristbands

Not my favorite thing--paying to get on the beach. Most annoying!!!! A day pass is $5.50. If you go to the south end of the boardwalk, it's 50 cents cheaper. How do you like that??!!? Well, if you buy a season pass it's much cheaper, but still! I think the beaches should be free, we pay enough in Jersey taxes, don't we?

• More Boardwalk Games

I am not a lucky person--no luck whatsoever! Some games do require some skill, so you might win a prize!

Instant Answers: Point Pleasant Beach

Comments

Explore Deeper into Point Pleasant Beach
Win a Prize!