Princeton Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Princeton

• acemj's Profile Photo

Arriving in style

by acemj Updated Aug 8, 2005

My buddy Ed (VTer etfromnc) who I used to work with in Charlotte, North Carolina drove up to Philly his sweet Mercedes SL500. From Philly, we drove to Princeton and it was a pleasure arriving in style with a good friend. From Philadelphia, just head up 95 North, to US 206 (exit 7B) hang a right and go about 6 miles and you'll end up in Princeton.

• SmileyLeSa's Profile Photo

Princeton Jct Train Station

by SmileyLeSa Written Nov 19, 2004

PJC Train Station

The Princeton Junction (PJC) Train Station, conveniently located between NYC and Philly, is the ideal way to travel between the cities.

The train station ever offers a service known as the "dinky". A little train car that runs between the PJC Train Station and Princeton.

A Great View of Manhatten

by Bwana_Brown Written Oct 4, 2003

The tip of Manhatten, New York City

On the October trip, I took advantage of a recently started Delta airlines service direct from Fredericton to Boston. I had a one day meeting there so just extended that trip onward to Princeton for a couple of days by flying in and out of Newark, NJ. Just like the last trip, air traffic control congestion problems in the Newark area delayed the incoming flight by about an hour. However, the homeward bound trip went off without a hitch and, in fact, I had this great view of lower Manhatten's skyscrapers as the plane took off from across the Hudson River in New Jersey.

A Short Rental Car Ride

by Bwana_Brown Written Oct 4, 2003

Rental Car at Forrestal Village

During my October trip, I arrived in Newark, NJ airport in the evening so I had arranged a rental car for the short 37-mile drive south to Princeton. Not having driven the route before, I was glad that I had printed out a Yahoo Drive-it map to guide me through the various turn-offs and road signs that I had to be on the lookout for. Traffic moved along quite well on the New Jersey turnpike and the return trip during daylight hours was a piece of cake. The Hertz rental rate for a Ford Taurus was US$70/day and it ended up costing about $170 for the full 2-days that I had the car.

• The Dinky

by dzni Written Aug 31, 2003

If you're coming from New York/Newark or Trenton or wherever pretty much (since you can connect with Amtrak), I found the Dinky to be pretty neat. Princeton has its own train station on campus, called the Dinky, which takes you to Princeton Junction so you can transfer to another train.

From New Brunswick to New Brunswick

by Bwana_Brown Updated Jun 10, 2003

After flying from Fredericton, New Brunswick to Newark, New Jersey, via Montreal, I was met at the airport by a pre-arranged limo driver. It was a wet and dark night so I was just as glad that it was he who was doing the serious navigating to get us south for the 30-40 minute drive to Princeton. En route, we also passed through New Brunswick, NJ - a place that has caused more than a little shipping confusion on occasion! Overall, the Newark International airport seemed to work quite smoothly - although our flight down from Montreal was held up for an hour due to some sort of weather problem there - we were told via the PA system. I checked the weather radar map on my laptop and it did not look all that bad to me! Later, in Newark, I found out that the real problem was that the Airport authorities shut down all in-coming flights while the Air Traffic Controllers got familiar with some sort of new equipment at the airport.

• Michael_T's Profile Photo

Princeton is easy to reach by...

by Michael_T Written Oct 4, 2002

Princeton is easy to reach by Train. You can reach the Princeton Junction train station by using Amtrak or NJ Transit trains. From there you can take the 'Dinky' to the Princeton (town) station (about a 5 minute trip) which will leave you about two blocks from the center of town. Princeton is also convenient by car if you take Rt. 95 or the NJ Turnpike to Rt. 1.
    Princeton is not too big. It is not difficult to see the entire town and points of interest by walking.

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

Princeton Airport - K39N

by frankcanfly Updated Feb 7, 2004

Right Base

It's a small airport, located about 5 miles North of town.

You can't catch any commercial flights here.

I can fly you here, but it will cost you. :-)

Instant Answers: Princeton

Comments

Princeton Transportation

Reviews and photos of Princeton transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Princeton sightseeing.